ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Washington DC and The Holy Land (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Economics Dow plunges more than 800 points (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318101)

ChiefsCountry 10-10-2018 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13805464)
And if interest rates didn't start to get back up with us reaching near full employment, the inflationary impact would've been brutal.

Now inflation is great news for the nuts on the left; it devalues wealth in the hands of the evil upper class while simultaneously pushing up minimum wages in the majority of states that now have CPI inflators. Inflation's a great thing for them because, well, they're stupid.

But for everyone else, they know that you can't just keep it in the red line without blowing the engine. There has to be a bit of a governor here to avoid serious inflationary shock.

Pretty much 'Macro-economics 101' shit here but there's no real surprise that Oaklandhater whiffs on it.

Yep this right here.

jjjayb 10-10-2018 02:51 PM

You think it might have somethin to do with the fed raising rates AGAIN? Of course you don't. Orange man bad!

DJ's left nut 10-10-2018 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaklandhater (Post 13805468)
any drop is gonna be blamed on the trade tariffs.

they are highly unpopular and trump can get ****ed until he lifts them.

You realize that he plans to do precisely that, right? Like, you know how a trade war actually operates, don't you?

The point of the tariffs are not now and have not ever been a permanent measure. They're a pinch point; squeezing a nerve until it hurts. And if you want to give this a reasonable examination, they're hurting them more than they're hurting us (China's economy is a very odd little house of cards). Now that's not to say in the near term they don't hurt us; such is the nature of any 'war'. But when you're sitting in a strong economy and have more runway to work with, you deal with the sting, force the other side to the table when they can't do so anymore and then you negotiate better terms.

That's what's going to happen. The only way it doesn't is if he does something silly and pulls the cord on these before substantive negotiations bear fruit because he lacks the political will to just ignore idiots like you. Even the Ford layoffs have been laughably overstated by an alarmist left. Those impacts have been global and again - are almost certainly to be be felt outside of our shores more than inside them.

Would I have expended the political capital on this gambit of his? No, no I would not. But the justification for them is sound and there are potentially great long-term benefits to the country. This is an example of putting country ahead of politics, even if it does take a bit of a gamblers bone to try it.

GloryDayz 10-10-2018 02:54 PM

I have faith... I'll just have to vote for Trump a few more time in 2020 and it'll come back...

NinerDoug 10-10-2018 02:56 PM

I thought that might be coming. Chinese stocks took a dive yesterday, I believe.

oaklandhater 10-10-2018 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjjayb (Post 13805486)
You think it might have somethin to do with the fed raising rates AGAIN? Of course you don't. Orange man bad!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;The International Monetary Fund warned recently that global economic growth was being crimped by trade tensions and a tit-for-tat over tariffs.&quot;<br><br>Hmmm, wonder who is responsible for all of that?</p>&mdash; David Condreay (@CondreayDavid) <a href="https://twitter.com/CondreayDavid/status/1050117389721862144?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 10, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

**** the trade tariffs.

displacedinMN 10-10-2018 02:58 PM

Not really worried yet.

GloryDayz 10-10-2018 02:58 PM

Quote:

Amazon and tech shares lead the rout
So Trump talks about "Big Governmenting" some tech companies and now this. LMAO

Quote:

Shares of Amazon declined 6.2 percent on Wednesday, while Netflix slid 8.4 percent. Facebook and Apple also fell more than 4 percent each. These stocks are top performers for the year and for most of the bull market. For the overall tech sector in the S&P 500, it was the worst day in seven years, dropping 4.8 percent.
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/10/us-m...-in-focus.html

Prison Bitch 10-10-2018 02:59 PM

OH should be thrilled stocks are going down. Let's more poor and young buy them. What millennial wants a high stock market to buy into? Hell no they want cheap stocks to get appreciation from over 40 years.

High stock market only benefits weathynolder white folks who vote Repub.

patteeu 10-10-2018 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 13805444)
anyone with cash on sidelines has a great buy opportunity in this

What do you recommend?

oaklandhater 10-10-2018 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 13805512)
OH should be thrilled stocks are going down. Let's more poor and young buy them. What millennial wants a high stock market to buy into? Hell no they want cheap stocks to get appreciation from over 40 years.

High stock market only benefits weathynolder white folks who vote Repub.

and if I had it to do all over again I would have bought the hell in during the 08 fall.

Chiefspants 10-10-2018 03:05 PM

Meh

Cosmos 10-10-2018 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaklandhater (Post 13805416)
Right before midterms as well good..

Pummeling the NASDAQ too. Down 315.

Trumps RED WAVE ?

GloryDayz 10-10-2018 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaklandhater (Post 13805528)
and if I had it to do all over again I would have bought the hell in during the 08 fall.

You have no money dude!

Bugeater 10-10-2018 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13805450)
You really are one of the dumbest scumbags around, your stupidity an ignorance are only outweighed by how loathsome you are.

He truly is a POS wishing for the downfall of the country he lives in when it's his generation that gets to deal with it for the rest of their lives. Talk about someone getting what they deserve..