ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Bungie Destiny (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270050)

007 04-06-2015 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 11422238)
Everywhere i look people say the GHorn is just for E-Penis and its not even needed. Im not up to that point, but i guess everyoen loves to have that E-Peen hard lol

I've heard the same but a buddy of mine that got it a couple weeks ago confirmed it is way better than Hunger of Crota which is what I always use on Crota.

jiveturkey 04-07-2015 07:18 AM

For most activities it's Ghorn for me. I got lucky and scored one early and I have used it to save my own ass countless times.

The primary rocket does a ton of damage and the wolf pack rounds basically double the damage. A buddy an I often two man normal Crota and since he doesn't have a Ghorn he's in-charge of the sword. Two rockets is all that it takes to bring down Crota's shield.

I can't think of many situations where I would take some other exotic over it (except for Crucible).

Third Eye 04-07-2015 03:01 PM

Any Xbox folks need a raid group? We had a solid 5 man group of friends, but occasionally some of them flake when a new game comes out. Just lost 2 to dark souls. The 3 of us can do normal, but hard would probably be too tough.

007 04-07-2015 08:25 PM

Thanks for filling in Jive.

I was rethinking my crota hits and no, I don't think I am pushing forward. I'll work on that.

jiveturkey 04-08-2015 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 11424297)

I was rethinking my crota hits and no, I don't think I am pushing forward. I'll work on that.

Thanks for having me. I love playing with mature groups, everyone's just having fun. My normal clan is taking a break so I'll gladly join in future raids if you need another.

I good way to see the difference in how that sword mechanic works is to do one of the sword missions and ground pound into a wall. If you're pushing forward it's probably a 33% increase in swing speed.

Your timing going up to Crota was pretty much perfect. Getting away is tricky and my best advice is to equip MIDA, make sure your agility is maxed and use the sword to fly back to your perch on the rocks (shallow jump followed by quick R1 taps). I used to have the same problem you have and I would turn flee and face plant into that giant horn. Even with the strategy you're going to get smashed occasionally.

Mav 04-08-2015 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 11424297)

I pulled my gally last night!. Popped from the exotic chest on VOG. I didn't even know how to react.

Mav 04-08-2015 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Third Eye (Post 11423873)
Any Xbox folks need a raid group? We had a solid 5 man group of friends, but occasionally some of them flake when a new game comes out. Just lost 2 to dark souls. The 3 of us can do normal, but hard would probably be too tough.

Add mavs ace

Third Eye 04-08-2015 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mav (Post 11425286)
Add mavs ace

Will do.

007 04-08-2015 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 11424663)
Thanks for having me. I love playing with mature groups, everyone's just having fun. My normal clan is taking a break so I'll gladly join in future raids if you need another.

I good way to see the difference in how that sword mechanic works is to do one of the sword missions and ground pound into a wall. If you're pushing forward it's probably a 33% increase in swing speed.

Your timing going up to Crota was pretty much perfect. Getting away is tricky and my best advice is to equip MIDA, make sure your agility is maxed and use the sword to fly back to your perch on the rocks (shallow jump followed by quick R1 taps). I used to have the same problem you have and I would turn flee and face plant into that giant horn. Even with the strategy you're going to get smashed occasionally.

Thanks man. You are welcome any time. Hell, I wouldn't mind some help with the nightfalls. I really struggle with those because I am constantly in fear of getting booted to orbit.

jiveturkey 04-09-2015 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 11426504)
Thanks man. You are welcome any time. Hell, I wouldn't mind some help with the nightfalls. I really struggle with those because I am constantly in fear of getting booted to orbit.

If I'm on when you're getting to run one feel free to shoot me a message via the Playstation app.

I can solo a lot of them but having an extra body makes it a lot easier. I can't solo this weeks. Having Valus focus his attention on me the entire fight makes it super annoying.

007 04-09-2015 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 11426768)
If I'm on when you're getting to run one feel free to shoot me a message via the Playstation app.

I can solo a lot of them but having an extra body makes it a lot easier. I can't solo this weeks. Having Valus focus his attention on me the entire fight makes it super annoying.

Having this one be the nightly makes it super annoying.

Skyy God 04-09-2015 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Third Eye (Post 11423873)

I'm down. Level 31 hunter, have done all of VOG and most of CE (including killing Crota).Tag is Cannon Fragger.

Mav 04-10-2015 07:35 PM

I always respected the galley, but my level of appreciation is 10 fold.

Deberg_1990 04-10-2015 08:06 PM

Thinking about getting this game for my son. But it's online only?

Should I be concerned about that?

kcxiv 04-10-2015 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 11429413)
Thinking about getting this game for my son. But it's online only?

Should I be concerned about that?

No, not at all, the only time i have even heard someone else was when i joined the chat. you do not have too, you have to play with others, but you do not have to chat with others.