ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The fact that no one has been fired (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267114)

Dante84 11-27-2012 10:10 AM

The fact that no one has been fired

means that they are purposely trolling the league for the first pick, and everyone is in on it.

At the end of the season, Romeo will retire. Pioli brings in a new coach, buying himself 2 years with a rookie qb and the new staff, and Hunt lets fat Scott ride out the contract extension that he foolishly offered before the season began.

These are my concerns.

The Franchise 11-27-2012 10:11 AM

I'm still not understanding why Daboll hasn't been fired yet. I figured he would have been gone by now.

WV 11-27-2012 10:13 AM

If Clark had a clue he'd also fire Pioli so he could be actively doing his homework on GM replacements. Take a que from Carolina, they set themselves up to be able to hire a GM right after the season and that's smart.

This worries me that Peeholy may be back.

Sorter 11-27-2012 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 9156346)
means that they are purposely trolling the league for the first pick, and everyone is in on it.

At the end of the season, Romeo will retire. Pioli brings in a new coach, buying himself 2 years with a rookie qb and the new staff, and Hunt lets fat Scott ride out the contract extension that he foolishly offered before the season began.

These are my concerns.

http://i39.tinypic.com/ws0l20.jpg

RealSNR 11-27-2012 10:13 AM

I was told a contract extension would actually make firing Pioli EASIER, not harder.

KC_Lee 11-27-2012 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 9156355)
If Clark had a clue he'd also fire Pioli so he could be actively doing his homework on GM replacements. Take a que from Carolina, they set themselves up to be able to hire a GM right after the season and that's smart.

This worries me that Peeholy may be back.

Or that you can fire a coach during the season like the Titans did;

http://www.wsmv.com/story/20190338/t...dinator-palmer

KurtCobain 11-27-2012 10:19 AM

calm before the storm

Rasputin 11-27-2012 10:20 AM

I don't see any way Clark Hunt faces the MOB of the fans and media if he doesn't fire Scott Pioli. We got foaled by Scott Pioli we shall not get foaled again.

Dante84 11-27-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9156370)
calm before the storm

Too much calm, not enough storm.

Hasn't even been a rain drop, and we are 1-10, having set or been on pace to set multiple records in futility.

No, I fear something deeper, something more sinister is at work.

RealSNR 11-27-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9156375)
I don't see any way Clark Hunt faces the MOB of the fans and media if he doesn't fire Scott Pioli. We got foaled by Scott Pioli we shall not get foaled again.

Neighver again

KurtCobain 11-27-2012 10:26 AM

pioli will not be firing anyone. he's too big of a pussy. Clark won't do it until the season ends.pioli will be gone and then everyone else will follow suit.

morphius 11-27-2012 10:34 AM

I know it is a little crazy, but I have wondered if SOC hasn't actually kept Clark from firing people so that it wouldn't look like the fans were running his club.

That being said, at this point I wouldn't expect anything till either Clark has hired a new GM or until the end of the season. Hopefully he learned from his earlier mistake of hiring Pioli so late that he was unable to really prepare properly for the draft.

Agent V 11-27-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 9156400)
I know it is a little crazy, but I have wondered if SOC hasn't actually kept Clark from firing people so that it wouldn't look like the fans were running his club.

That being said, at this point I wouldn't expect anything till either Clark has hired a new GM or until the end of the season. Hopefully he learned from his earlier mistake of hiring Pioli so late that he was unable to really prepare properly for the draft.

Eh. I see your point, but fans were demanding Herm's and Carl's terminations too. Really, at this point, with this level of failure, it's not about being afraid of giving the impression that the fans are running the team; it's about doing the right thing for the organization. Clark would look even more foolish by being passive about it.

Rasputin 11-27-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 9156400)

I think he is just listening to what Marty Schottenheimer told him and that is to be patient.

I see it as if he has to have a consultant to evaluate the job of his GM then Pioli is all but gone. Just waiting it out at this point.

htismaqe 11-27-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9156348)
I'm still not understanding why Daboll hasn't been fired yet. I figured he would have been gone by now.

He's not fireable, not by this regime.

Romeo can't fire Daboll because he hand-picked him. Pioli can't fire him because he hand-picked Romeo.

They can't fire anybody without incriminating themselves.

That's why Clark will get to fire all of them at the end of the season.