ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Wonderlic 15 sample questions. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270339)

Hootie 02-23-2013 10:01 PM

I have a feeling the guys who get the really SUPER low scores on these things are the morons who can't move on from 9 and 10 and sit there and waste 5 minutes of their total 12 minutes trying to figure them out

Hootie 02-23-2013 10:02 PM

10 was simple but you still had to figure out what % X invested and then times that to the entire principle which takes time shorthand...wouldn't take more than 30 seconds with a calculator though

NJChiefsFan 02-23-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9430207)
I have a feeling the guys who get the really SUPER low scores on these things are the morons who can't move on from 9 and 10 and sit there and waste 5 minutes of their total 12 minutes trying to figure them out

Agreed. Doing bad on this test has as much to do with not understanding how to take the test properly as it does not understanding how to answer each question.

Gadzooks 02-23-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9430190)
I n00bed myself on #4 and I'm just too ****ing stupid when it comes to daylight savings time to figure out 14...I really don't even know what months daylight savings time are...I am really ignorant when it comes to stuff that doesn't interest me.

14 has nothing to do with daylight savings time.
The least amount of daylight is at the end of December. Since Sept is 3 months away from December the answer should be obvious.
Any NFL Player should know that.

Hootie 02-23-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 9430320)
14 has nothing to do with daylight savings time.
The least amount of daylight is at the end of December. Since Sept is 3 months away from December the answer should be obvious.
Any NFL Player should know that.

the answer is March...

?

Old Dog 02-23-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9430326)
the answer is March...
?

which is ALSO 3 months from December

Gadzooks 02-23-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 9430335)
which is ALSO 3 months from December

END of December.

Hootie 02-23-2013 10:31 PM

Meh. I honestly had no idea December had the least amount of daylight. I literally don't pay attention to some of the easiest things to know. I used to watch the "Are you smarter than a 5th grader?" shows and I'd miss the easiest questions it was hilarious.

Literally when you learned all of that common sense stuff about which month has the least amount of daylight I was busy watching Michael Jordan and memorizing his high school stats.

I honestly have no idea how to tell when I'm north, south, east or west. It's hilarious.

I was good at math because it interested me...I was really ****ing terrible at everything else. Oh I liked chemistry too.

I literally can name like 10 presidents and that's it.

listopencil 02-23-2013 10:37 PM

I answered "HOOK 'EM HORNS!" to every question. Give me $26 MIL.

Gadzooks 02-23-2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9430415)
Meh. I honestly had no idea December had the least amount of daylight. I literally don't pay attention to some of the easiest things to know. I used to watch the "Are you smarter than a 5th grader?" shows and I'd miss the easiest questions it was hilarious.

Literally when you learned all of that common sense stuff about which month has the least amount of daylight I was busy watching Michael Jordan and memorizing his high school stats.

I honestly have no idea how to tell when I'm north, south, east or west. It's hilarious.

I was good at math because it interested me...I was really ****ing terrible at everything else. Oh I liked chemistry too.

It seems as though this test may be unfair. I'm curious about the questions on the new test they're introducing.
Maybe they'll ask about Michael Jordan's high school stats on that one.
Morris Claiborne may have got a perfect score...

Hootie 02-23-2013 10:44 PM

I get in this argument all of the time...

I can literally recite to you the first 5 picks of every NBA draft for the past 20 years...I can name almost every college an NBA player went to and like 70% of NFL players...

it's useless knowledge in something that REALLY interests me (sports)...I'm good at remembering baseball stats as well

why is this useful information any less important than knowing which month has the least amount of daylight?

as soon as someone can give me a good answer then I'll go back and take elementary level classes so I can learn information that I don't even care or need to know just like I did when I was a kid and I obsessed over sports and now am an Encyclopedia of sports knowledge.

seriously

why is knowing the Presidents more important than knowing what year Shaq went 1st overall?

riddle me that

Lonewolf Ed 02-23-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9430415)

Well, you just have to look outside in December around 5 pm to be able to tell.

Gadzooks 02-23-2013 10:47 PM

My wife tells me if I spent as much time trading penny stock as I did following the NFL and NHL we'd be millionaires, but, I still got the answer to #14.

Hootie 02-23-2013 10:48 PM

P.S. no one has ever had a good rebuttal to that

why am I less intelligent than you because I know EVERYTHING about the three major sports from 1990 to now...literally TONS of knowledge and trivia and stats stored in my brain...and I don't know anything about daylight...

but you know everything about daylight and the ocean and perhaps only 10% as much as I know about sports...

why is one meaningless subject considered 'omg common sense everyone knows it you're stupid' and the other is just meaningless?

Huh?

Huh?

I measure intelligence differently. I choose to be ignorant in subjects that do me no good/don't interest me. I could care less about history. I don't care about slavery or Lincoln or who discovered America...

I do care about the Chiefs and Michael Jordan and Nolan Ryan and amazing pizza recipes and stuff like that...

I'm 27. I don't need to know where Slovakia is on the map. Does me no good.

Hootie 02-23-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 9430464)
Well, you just have to look outside in December around 5 pm to be able to tell.

Sure.

but I don't give a shit.

I have NO IDEA what month daylight savings is...

oh wait, I do one month (March) because I'm dealing at a Christmas party (lol) on the 9th and we always go to the strip club afterwards and we lost an hour last year because of daylight savings.

so yeah...the only reason I know when one of the daylight savings is is because I lost an hour at a strip club one time.

THANK GOD I KNOW THAT USELESS KNOWLEDGE THOUGH

I do wish I had a better sense of direction though...

oh and I don't get floor plans in houses...I'm always so confused on where rooms are when I'm on the first floor and thinking of the second floor.