ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV NBC cans 30 Rock, Community, and Parks and Rec (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259373)

Ultra Peanut 05-09-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 8605436)
It reflects very poorly on NBC, yes. But honestly? I like it when shows end. Five seasons of any comedy is a whole lot of seasons.

Same-ish. As long as they have time to make appropriate endings it's easier to accept.

And it's also another chance to shit on NBC for being a horrible network, which is nice.

RIP Three Amazing Television Shows, though.

Dayze 05-09-2012 09:31 PM

way to go NBC....cancel your better shows.

probably making room for more BS reality shows.

Dayze 05-09-2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 8606008)
I wish they'd do a Ron Swanson spin-off. That would be neat.

that.

keg in kc 05-09-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 8606026)

It's making room for a bunch of new shitcoms that look really, really bad.

Dayze 05-09-2012 10:10 PM

yeah.
the only network shows I watch are Modern Family, New Girl, and Master Chef/Hell's Kitchen.

other than that, everything else I watch is on TNT/AMC/History etc.

I really liked Parks and Rec, and was just getting into the older seasons of 30 Rock. Bummer. I'll still watch the older 30 Rocks though

Pitt Gorilla 05-09-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8605334)
Jesus ****. NBC sucks.

Yup. I was commenting to a friend just a few days ago that this is the best Thursday night comedy lineup in the past 10 or so years. Of course they pull the plug.

Community, 30 Rock, and P&R are the best comedies on TV.

Setsuna 05-09-2012 10:37 PM

Big bang is terrible. P&R was brilliant. **** NBC. There needs to be a funimation network..it'll outdo all these big business networks in the first week. Anime is where it's at bitches!

Dayze 05-09-2012 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8606163)
Big bang is terrible. P&R was brilliant. **** NBC. There needs to be a funimation network..it'll outdo all these big business networks in the first week. Anime is where it's at bitches!

1000% agree.

Big Bang is god awful. I gave it a chance.....a few re-run episodes. I don't think I laughed a single time.

Not a fan of the 'laugh track'. aside from Seinfeld, I never care to hear it again.

Micjones 05-10-2012 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 8606026)
way to go NBC....cancel your better shows.

Par for the course. Reality shows are cheap to produce.

kc rush 05-10-2012 06:51 AM

I guess I won't spend much time with NBC anymore. Sunday Night Football, The Office (which I could take or leave anymore) and Grimm (which I could also take or leave) are it on their schedule.

Hell there is hardly anything I watch on network TV anymore. There will be football and -

Sunday - Simpsons (I'm a loyalist)
Monday - Nothing
Tuesday - Nothing
Wednesday - ABC comedies
Thursday - The Office
Friday - Grimm
Saturday - Nothing

I know my wife watches some goofball vampire shows that I never watch with her. I'll occasionally half pay attention to Once Upon A Time when she is watching that, or New Girl.

Everything else is baseball (right now), cable programming or whatever I can discover on Netflix.

Deberg_1990 05-10-2012 06:56 AM

Its sort of a vicious circle......everyone complains that there isnt enough quality TV shows produced on network TV, then when there is, not enough people watch to keep them on the air.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-10-2012 08:12 AM

....and they'll be replaced by more garbage.

Predarat 05-10-2012 08:13 AM

I wish they would keep Parks and Rec along with Community but phase the Office out. Especially if Dwight leaves. Though if they are canning Parks and Rec they could bring Ron Swanson to Dunder Mifflin. But the other characters in Parks and Rec are good so I think they are better off keeping it instead of the Office.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-10-2012 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jawshco (Post 8605435)
At least they're considering final half seasons for 30 Rock, Community and P&R. I think that 30 Rock is an aquired taste. I find it hilarious. I love how just about every line of dialogue is a joke or an obscure reference. If they give these shows decent finales, then I'll be fine with these cancellations. Better to end strong than to keep going until the material has been stretched too thin. It's a bummer because it does seem like Community and P&R should have been given more time. However, it probably is time to end 30 Rock.

I don't see how the Office doesn't end at the end of this season. With so many of the cast leaving and Dwight getting a spinoff show. They should probably wrap it up now before it gets worse. Any worse than last week's episode would be unwatchable for me.

JFC :facepalm:

DaKCMan AP 05-10-2012 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zoccer| (Post 8605242)
Horrible.

Your opinion is horrible.