ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Covitz:Tragedy clouds job fates for Crennel, Pioli (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267492)

BlackHelicopters 12-09-2012 07:59 AM

Tragedy of poor play clouds our outlook since 1993.
- Chiefs fans

notorious 12-09-2012 08:25 AM

No, no, no!

Don't even crack the door open on this subject. To keep your job because a player went nuts would be idiotic.

This is the Chiefs, though.........

KCUnited 12-09-2012 08:33 AM

If Pioli is back next season its because he's already been extended and Clark doesn't want to take the financial hit. Belcher doesn't get you extended, if anything it reiterates that it would be in everyone's best interest to move on and seek a fresh start elsewhere.

bevischief 12-09-2012 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9190893)
What a bunch of crap. Good leadership for a week during tragedy does not over rule 4 years of fail.

This.

RealSNR 12-09-2012 08:53 AM

And Covitz was so good to SOC too. These past two articles of his have been utter ****ing bullshit.

**** you, Covitz. Get AIDS.

stonedstooge 12-09-2012 08:59 AM

If they would have talked Belcher out of shooting himself, that would have been a much greater show of leadership then what actually transpired

rico 12-09-2012 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9190903)
If Pioli comes back, banners should start to target Clark.

"Clark, sell the team to someone who cares"

No doubt.

Or, "Clark, the gleam of the silver spoon truly blinded you."

DeezNutz 12-09-2012 09:07 AM

Let's see...4 years in and the organization is terrible on the field, a joke nationally, and the bane of local fans because Pioli is terribly unlikeable.

Thus, to see anything positive, one must believe in the bullshit cliches that Pioli is so ready to disseminate, such as "The Right 53," which many used to believe. To this end, Belcher ended these fantasies.

Therefore, Clark is facing a call, and he better have the balls to play the hand correctly because he has the cards.

hometeam 12-09-2012 09:08 AM

While everyone is going to disagree with keeping RAcioli, Covitz is right that it adds another factor into the decision making.

I still don't see how they can stay.

chiefzilla1501 12-09-2012 09:15 AM

I'm a big RAC hater, but you have to admire the job he did in holding his team together. As I said before, he's a perfect coach for that situation. And that's what scares the shit out of me. I could see the Chiefs rallying behind him the rest of the year while on an emotional kick. That's what players coaches do. And then I could see us extending him because we got late season momentum, just like we did last year when RAC won a few games while emotions were still high because of the Haley firing.

Sadly, when you're a fan long enough, you just come to expect certain things to happen.

RealSNR 12-09-2012 09:19 AM

It's ****ing ridiculous that this team has to be ABSOLUTE 100% failures in everything for them to get fired. It's as if being only 98% failures isn't good enough to warrant the firing.

Clark will do the right thing, I believe. He has to.

The Bad Guy 12-09-2012 09:20 AM

What a mouth-breathing fool Shaun Smith is.

This isn't Romeo's first rodeo and he's making the same mistakes over, and over, and over. The guy sucks as a HC.

Smith will continue to deep throat him because Crennel is literally the only coach in the league who will give him a job.

The Bad Guy 12-09-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9190982)
Let's see...4 years in and the organization is terrible on the field, a joke nationally, and the bane of local fans because Pioli is terribly unlikeable.

Thus, to see anything positive, one must believe in the bullshit cliches that Pioli is so ready to disseminate, such as "The Right 53," which many used to believe. To this end, Belcher ended these fantasies.

Therefore, Clark is facing a call, and he better have the balls to play the hand correctly because he has the cards.

And if he doesn't play it correctly, fans are folding.

TEX 12-09-2012 09:24 AM

They both need to go based on terrible job performance. This does not need to be the Chiefs Hurricane Sandy incident...

PhillyChiefFan 12-09-2012 09:24 AM

It's times like these that I think some asshole shits something out in an article just so they can be the ones to claim they called it.

Clark isn't stupid. One terrible situation should have absolutely no baring on RAC/Pioli staying or going.