ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The official NEW new conference realignment thread.**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255691)

alnorth 05-21-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8630994)
Dear God guys....read his post again.

"Anything can happen. (After their previous obligations are filled)."

Oh hell, I missed that.

My bad.

notorious 05-21-2012 09:39 PM

KSU better get their shit together when it comes to the next Head Coach. Another Ron Prince will reduce the program to KU level.

notorious 05-21-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 8631042)
Oh hell, I missed that.

My bad.

No prob.

I added it about 15 seconds after posting it, so I was being sneaky.

alnorth 05-21-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8631039)
Greg Swaim ‏ @ GSwaimThe time frame for # ND phasing in football could allow them to phase out contracts with # Purdue, # MSU, # GoBlue, # USC, # Stanford or # Navy.
Expand

ND-USC will not be cancelled, ever, ever, ever, ever. Cancelling that series is a firable offense for both schools, all other games can end, but not that one. He may as well drop USC off the list.

Mr. Plow 05-21-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 8631052)
ND-USC will not be cancelled, ever, ever, ever, ever. Cancelling that series is a firable offense for both schools, all other games can end, but not that one. He may as well drop USC off the list.

I don't believe a word of it, but thought I'd throw it out there for discussion until the KU/MU pissing match starts again.

Mr_Tomahawk 05-21-2012 09:46 PM

ND to the B12...?

Yes please.

notorious 05-21-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8631064)
until the KU/MU pissing match starts again.

Does it ever end?

Mr. Plow 05-21-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8631075)
Does it ever end?

On this board?.....No.

HolyHandgernade 05-21-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 8631052)

I agree, and if I recall, ND just signed an extension with Stanford for many years. This gets ND everything they want in their need to be seen as a "national university". They could be in a conference with all the benefits of that, a conference that rotates its regions in the SE (including the state of Florida), the SW (the state of Texas), the midwest (game with OU) and the NE (providing link to the large Catholic populations of the upper northeast states, preserves some traditional rivals like G Tech and Pitt, keeps them on the west coast with USC and Stanford as two of their OOCGs, and leaves two spots open for service academies and B!G opponents on a roatating basis.

HolyHandgernade 05-21-2012 09:56 PM

Not to mention, they can keep their 3rd Tier marketing for their own network if they choose.

Bambi 05-22-2012 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade (Post 8631118)
Not to mention, they can keep their 3rd Tier marketing for their own network if they choose.

Granting third tier rights to each individual school is the only way to move forward with Texas and Notre Dame. It isn't coincidence that they are by far the two biggest brands in college football.

Saul Good 05-22-2012 07:43 AM

Was there a worse source than Swain during the last round of realignment?

Saulbadguy 05-22-2012 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8631501)
Was there a worse source than Swain during the last round of realignment?

Do you consider "HolyHandgernade" a source? If not, then no.

Saul Good 05-22-2012 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8631505)
Do you consider "HolyHandgernade" a source? If not, then no.

Come to think of it, I've never seen then photographed together. Maybe HH's novelesque posting style is the yin to his alter ego's twittering yang.

Saul Good 05-22-2012 08:13 AM

A few thoughts on realignment:

It sure seems like the SEC would like to add two more teams, but Slive doesn't want to be seen as the guy who destroyed a conference. With that in mind, I think Slive is letting the Big 12 do the dirty work. Slive gave things a little boost by inking that bowl arrangement. He had to know that FSU and Clemson were seriously considering making the jump. This just greases the ledge.

Once the ACC crumbles, Slive will have a better shot at grabbing the true marquee programs without looking like the guy who started the dominoes.

FSU and Clemson are going to join the Big 12, and two ACC teams will almost certainly join the SEC. This will not completely kill the ACC, though. One thing I learned from the last go-round is that the shit runs downhill. The ACC will ad teams from an even weaker conference to survive.

The eight team playoff is coming. It's inevitable.