ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Assassin's Creed III (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265885)

Gonzo 11-24-2012 03:50 PM

I was a little disappointed in the ending and I wish there were more missions like the Pitcarin assassination. However, all in all I give it 8 out of 10.

The only game I've ever given 10 for 10 on is Uncharted 2. Uncharted 3 is nearly as good. If you havent played the series, pick it up TODAY.

SomeRandomGirl 11-24-2012 04:14 PM

We finished up last week. Not quite 100%, still need to do the online synch thing after credits roll and 1 other side quest, but overall, thought it was a great game.
My husband loved the ship quests, I absolutely loved to free-run through the frontier.

The ending left me a bit disappointed. Agree that it was a another WTF type of thing and it seemed a bit rushed (the cutscenes). To whomever said they hope the next AC has more present time missions, I can't see them making any more after this. I thought this was supposed to be the last game. I wouldn't be opposed to playing another, but I don't see it happening.

Rugby Thompson 11-24-2012 04:41 PM

This game is good but idk about GOTY, seems like there's not much replay value and it almost seems like there's more loading screens and videos more then there is gameplay. It's worth checking out but I find they could have done a lot more with this title, even though its open world and such, didn't really feel different compared to the first two.

whoman69 11-24-2012 05:12 PM

I really need to get a new computer so I can buy games again.

tyler360 11-24-2012 07:43 PM

They have to make more correct?

They can't end the story like that I would hope

ThaVirus 11-24-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 9146464)
The only game I've ever given 10 for 10 on is Uncharted 2. Uncharted 3 is nearly as good. If you havent played the series, pick it up TODAY.

I have an Xbox so I've never been able to play these games...

But one night I decided to watch all the cutscenes on Youtube to see what all the fuss was about. I watched them all.... For all 3 games.... Damn near in one sitting LMAO

That shit is like a movie.

Gonzo 11-25-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9147384)
I have an Xbox so I've never been able to play these games...

But one night I decided to watch all the cutscenes on Youtube to see what all the fuss was about. I watched them all.... For all 3 games.... Damn near in one sitting LMAO

That shit is like a movie.

Absolutely. It's like you're playing a movie. Now that I've beat ACIII, I'm going to go back and play all 3 of these again. They're just amazing.
The gameplay on 3 incorporates the cutscenes which really engrosses you into the story.

jd1020 11-25-2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyler360 (Post 9147136)
They have to make more correct?

They can't end the story like that I would hope

Fairly certain the developers have already made comments on future AC's.

I'll be interested to see how they continue on but I fear its going to be something insanely cheesy. Like pulling a "Fast and Furious" after Tokyo.

Gonzo 11-25-2012 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9151842)
Fairly certain the developers have already made comments on future AC's.

I'll be interested to see how they continue on but I fear its going to be something insanely cheesy. Like pulling a "Fast and Furious" after Tokyo.

Oh, I'm sure we have a civil war edition coming soon...

ThaVirus 11-25-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 9151860)
Oh, I'm sure we have a civil war edition coming soon...

I don't see how they'll be able to continue the story much after that with the evolution of guns though.

An assassin in today's world just wouldn't be believable unless they got rid of the hidden blades for hidden AKs...

SAUTO 11-25-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9152027)
I don't see how they'll be able to continue the story much after that with the evolution of guns though.

An assassin in today's world just wouldn't be believable unless they got rid of the hidden blades for hidden AKs...

nowadays assassins just have to be more stealthy. Don't you watch movies
Posted via Mobile Device

mnchiefsguy 11-25-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

I was a little disappointed in the ending and I wish there were more missions like the Pitcarin assassination. However, all in all I give it 8 out of 10.

We got a PS3 over the weekend, and two of the games it came with were Uncharted: Drake' Fortune and Uncharted 2: Among thieves. I assume Drake's Fortune is the first game?

I noticed the first Assassin's Creed is only 15 bucks on Amazon. Worth getting? Or should I just play the most recent one?

Gonzo 11-25-2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 9152176)
We got a PS3 over the weekend, and two of the games it came with were Uncharted: Drake' Fortune and Uncharted 2: Among thieves. I assume Drake's Fortune is the first game?

I noticed the first Assassin's Creed is only 15 bucks on Amazon. Worth getting? Or should I just play the most recent one?

Correct on Uncharted. The first one is pretty good but you will shit a brick in the 2nd one. The 3rd one is better in some aspects but not as much gameplay.
Well worth picking up.

As far as Assassins creed, play 3... If you really like it the first one is cheap. I didn't care for it.

jd1020 11-26-2012 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9152027)

There's already a pretty successful series based on modern day stealth... it's called Splinter Cell. And guess who makes it?

Imon Yourside 11-26-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

I'm starting out on Uncharted 3, have you played I am Alive? Loved that as well.