ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Better Call Saul (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277119)

Mr. Plow 07-11-2023 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother (Post 17011710)
Bump. How does this fall off and other complete trash shows remain discussed...

It was definitely a good show. But, the way they released the seasons (mainly 4, 5, & 6) made it extremely easy to forget about until someone mentioned it - at least for me.

Season Release date
1 02/08/15
2 02/15/16
3 04/10/17
4 08/06/18
5 02/23/20
6a 04/22/22
6b 07/11/22

16 month gap between 3 & 4; 18 month gap between 4 & 5; 26 month gap between 5 & 6.

DJ's left nut 07-11-2023 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 17012733)
Season 5 for me. The “tell me again” scene might be my favorite scene i’ve ever seen in television

Should've won Seehorn an Emmy.

That was just a perfect scene. Patrick Fabian killed it in that scene as well. Watch that season and then his final scene (y'know - THAT scene, with Lalo) will REALLY hit home. Howard wasn't a bad person - at all. He may have been as close to a good person as the BCS universe had, especially as Kim really went off the rails.

He was just a feckless people pleaser; someone who was REALLY insecure so he tried to make everyone happy. I really found myself liking him as much or more as anyone in the show.

Zebedee DuBois 07-11-2023 03:28 PM

In the last episode, during his confession, where Saul (truthfully) lays out how he basically built Walt's empire into what it was - I keep imagining Walt's reaction to that claim. Walt's ego would have forced an epic meltdown.

raybec 4 07-11-2023 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17013037)
Should've won Seehorn an Emmy.

That was just a perfect scene. Patrick Fabian killed it in that scene as well. Watch that season and then his final scene (y'know - THAT scene, with Lalo) will REALLY hit home. Howard wasn't a bad person - at all. He may have been as close to a good person as the BCS universe had, especially as Kim really went off the rails.

He was just a feckless people pleaser; someone who was REALLY insecure so he tried to make everyone happy. I really found myself liking him as much or more as anyone in the show.

Howard and Chuck were both good people and good attorneys that got caught in Jimmy's wake and it destroyed them both.

RaidersOftheCellar 07-12-2023 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother (Post 17012039)
I honestly enjoyed them all. Rarely happens with shows other than Breaking Bad as well. It wasn’t a "splash" ending, but that's ok..

Yeah, they were all good. The only complaint I have is that they devoted a little too much time to the sub-plot with the Germans in season 4.