ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Guy Steals Commercial Plane in Seattle and Crashes After Joyride (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=316736)

Simply Red 08-12-2018 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 13671284)
By hitting the ground. See above.

I wish you'd been with him as a passenger.

Donger 08-12-2018 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13671369)
I wish you'd been with him as a passenger.

That's not very nice.

GloryDayz 08-12-2018 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 13671284)
By hitting the ground. See above.

I think he was speaking to cause, not effect.

Donger 08-12-2018 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 13671494)
I think he was speaking to cause, not effect.

Yes, I know.

GloryDayz 08-12-2018 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 13671495)
Yes, I know.

Ah, you were trying to be funny. Oh, carry on...

JohnnyHammersticks 08-12-2018 12:20 PM

The more you think about it...does this story really add up? Sounds a little fishy to me, is all I'm saying.

Similar maneuvers in similar aircraft have been done before, but rarely, and only by professional test pilot-level pilots with sophisticated knowledge of load limits, flight speed, etc. We're supposed to believe that some crazy maintenance worker - with no previous flight experience except for video games - commandeered this large commercial turboprop, took off all by himself, gave nonchalant, surreal, borderline humerous commentary about the whole experience before executing a textbook-perfect barrel roll to within feet of Chambers Bay before offing himself because he just now realized he had a "few screws loose"?

Right...

Did one of those F-15s take that plane down? And if so, why? And who was really flying it?

Coyote 08-12-2018 12:28 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DkTiXGaXsAEOfSO?format=jpg

Donger 08-12-2018 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coyote (Post 13671549)

Nice. I figured that they put on the burners. I'm sure that woke some people up. I've spent many days and nights in Vancouver WA and they do like going vertical out of PDX.

TLO 08-12-2018 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks (Post 13671535)
The more you think about it...does this story really add up? Sounds a little fishy to me, is all I'm saying.

Similar maneuvers in similar aircraft have been done before, but rarely, and only by professional test pilot-level pilots with sophisticated knowledge of load limits, flight speed, etc. We're supposed to believe that some crazy maintenance worker - with no previous flight experience except for video games - commandeered this large commercial turboprop, took off all by himself, gave nonchalant, surreal, borderline humerous commentary about the whole experience before executing a textbook-perfect barrel roll to within feet of Chambers Bay before offing himself because he just now realized he had a "few screws loose"?

Right...

Did one of those F-15s take that plane down? And if so, why? And who was really flying it?

:tinfoil:

GloryDayz 08-12-2018 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 13671557)
Nice. I figured that they put on the burners. I'm sure that woke some people up. I've spent many days and nights in Vancouver WA and they do like going vertical out of PDX.

I had an office at Langley AFB for a couple of years and Tuesdays were very fun, the F15's demonstrated that 1.29 TWR. As a Navy guy who lived just a few miles from Oceana, grew up a Tomcat fan (who wasn't?!?!?!), it was still cool to see. But the Tomcat's (B&D's) 1.08 just wasn't the same as the 15's 1.29. I guess when your carrying 5K more fat (for obvious reasons), and each engine is ~1.5K weaker, that costs you .21 of TWR.. Either way, they both put out some wonderful thunder, but advantage AF...

That being said, my sister's new house is now pretty close to Fentress, so a few weeks back when we were visiting the younger son and I got to spend an afternoon and and evening watching the 18s do their thing. Very cool and never gets old.

Hoover 08-12-2018 12:57 PM

I would have been listening to this...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MfmYCM4CS8o" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SuperBowl4 08-12-2018 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 13670210)
I'm sure it was a lot of fun until the part where he crashed and died.

He died doing what he liked to do?

GloryDayz 08-12-2018 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperBowl4 (Post 13671617)
He died doing what he liked to do?

Having a shattered windshield and the ground hit you in the face?

AssEaterChief 08-12-2018 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks (Post 13671535)

Right...

VGs man, they can simulate anything these days

Get over it dude, you're mega jelly