ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Texas A&M LT Joeckel is coming out for draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268622)

tyton75 01-08-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9296730)
Well to be fair the caller said we should take Tyler Wilson...

IN THE SECOND ROUND.

People in Kansas City just have no concept of how much a QB is worth.

Possibly and I also think that a lot of people, including me, are pissed off that we passed on Russel Wilson. I REALLY wanted him!

KC_Lee 01-08-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildTurkey (Post 9296718)
I didn't know that post season awards were the benchmark for a QB prospect. That Eric Crouch was sure a great pro QB as were Danny Wuerfull and Gino Toretta smh

Or Charlie Ward.

WildTurkey 01-08-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 9296756)
Or Charlie Ward.

He was a hell of a pro..............................

In the NBA

tyton75 01-08-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9296753)
No I don't.

This year's QB class is extremely deep, actually. Even after Murray stayed in, I think you'll get 3 decent QBs from this class. Smith, Wilson, Barkley, Bray, Glennon, Jones and Manuel all have a lot of strengths.

Barkley will be a successful starter in this league; a Matt Schaub type of QB. He just doesn't have a massive upside to him so I don't love him as a first rounder. Bray has skills that rival Matt Stafford's. Smith has the best touch I've seen in the draft since Bradford but he's healthier, more mobile and with a stronger arm than Bradford had. Wilson has a gamblers mentality and a willingness to attack downfield with the arm to do it. Manuel has a protype build and an absolute cannon and some mobility thrown in. Jones and Glennon both have the tall, strong-armed, pocket passer thing going for them.

There are going to be good QBs that come out of this draft and perhaps even 1 or 2 extremely good ones.

Compare this QB draft to any other QB draft over the last decade and it does extremely well except for 03 (Ben, Eli and Rivers) and last season's.

This idea that this year's QB class is a bad class is just inaccurate. Moreover, next year's class is going to be even worse.

So no, I don't have to agree that this is a down year for QBs. In face, I believe it is, at worst, a slightly above average QB draft.

I sincerely hope you are correct.

the Talking Can 01-08-2013 02:49 PM

and the next caller wants to keep cassel on the roster...."he threw 27tds...."

and then tries to argue that Tackle is most important to draft, and literally said - i'm not joking - "Isn't it about time a tackle came through for us?"

and now he wants chase daniels...

I AM NOT KIDDING...this must be a prank by someone on this board

ChiefsCountry 01-08-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 9296756)
Or Charlie Ward.

Charlie Ward probably would have been a damn good quarterback if he didn't chose the NBA instead. Ironically King Carl had a big chubby over Ward and wanted to draft him in the first round in 1994, even called him during the season to change his mind.

WildTurkey 01-08-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9296717)
I can't believe that a team would draft him in the first round. The dude's career could be over after any play.

I doubt he'll pass many team physicals.

It's the only reason he's even at Georgia. USC dumped him due to the spinal stenosis if I recall correctly

Bewbies 01-08-2013 02:52 PM

The only QB's good enough to be drafted by the Chiefs are QB's we can't pick.

Stafford? Not good enough until we were sure we wouldn't get the #1 pick.
Ryan? Not until he was already drafted by ATL and playing well.
RG3? No way, until WAS moved into the 2 slot and he became one of the best prospects ever.

With the #1 pick this year it's a certainty that no QB is worth our pick.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 01-08-2013 02:53 PM

Joeckel is a better prospect than Jake Long. No question. But can't go OT here. Just can't.

ModSocks 01-08-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyton75 (Post 9296650)
I can totally understand where you are coming from. You are right, I have nothing but what I heard on the radio stating that some think he's the best OT prospect in 10 years.

But you have to agree that this is a very DOWN QB year.
-Everyone is charging ahead for Geno solely based on his big numbers early in the season.
Barkley was so/so and got hurt.

Assuming those are the 2 best options for the 1st pick at QB. They just both appear to be "Christian Ponder" to me. Game managers at best.

Just NOT the type of players you take with the overall no. 1 pick if there is a stunning player at a different position. Like a Jarvis Jones type guy who can really be a game changer.

We are not going to be able to turn this all around in 1 season, I'm sorry. We need talent.

Alright, imma tackle this one.

1. No, people aren't in love with Geno because of his numbers. So False. Most people here now that college numbers mean dick when evaluating a QB. People are in love with him because he has a very good physical tool set. He's an accurate passer with an outstanding release. He's athletic and mobile, has shown the ability to go through his progressions. That statement you made reeks of ignorance, ignorance that is spreading like a disease among Chiefs fans.

2. EVERY year aside from last year has been a "down" year for QB's. Aside form 2012, it's been the same shit every year, i'd think you knew by now. Around this time every year, aside from last of course, the "there is no QB worthy of #1" argument has been made.

3. You gotta stop listening to the damn talking heads. I GUARANTEE their opinions will change as draft day gets closer. You gotta use your own eyes. If you look at Geno Smith's cut ups and tell me all you see is a game manager, then i suggest you get your eyes checked.

WildTurkey 01-08-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 9296778)
The only QB's good enough to be drafted by the Chiefs are QB's we can't pick.

Stafford? Not good enough until we were sure we wouldn't get the #1 pick.
Ryan? Not until he was already drafted by ATL and playing well.
RG3? No way, until WAS moved into the 2 slot and he became one of the best prospects ever.

With the #1 pick this year it's a certainty that no QB is worth our pick.

This. Same thing every draft

Deberg_1990 01-08-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9296770)
Charlie Ward probably would have been a damn good quarterback if he didn't chose the NBA instead. Ironically King Carl had a big chubby over Ward and wanted to draft him in the first round in 1994, even called him during the season to change his mind.

Charlie Ward was just a few decades ahead of his time. Look at the types of QBs everyone wants now. If he played at Florida State today he would be a highly sout after prospect.

WildTurkey 01-08-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9296791)
Charlie Ward was just a few decades ahead of his time. Look at the types of QBs everyone wants now. If he played at Florida State today he would be a highly sout after prospect.

This. He was an RG 3 type player in the era of the pocket passer

ModSocks 01-08-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyton75 (Post 9296683)
lol.. Really? If its such horseshit, how does Colin Klein make it as a Heisman finalist and your God Geno doesn't?

This QB class is SO good that a Freshman QB won just about every major QB award.

Lets forget about the fact that we could potentially lose Brandon Albert and Dwayne Bowe, giving us 2 major holes to fill. Not to mention that we have NOTHING on the other side of Brandon Flowers.

MEDIOCRE college QB or BUST!!!

Tebow won a Heisman.

What's your point?

And IF we lose Albert.....well.....we just used a 3rd Round Pick on his replacement. What would you rather have, a 3rd round LT or a 3rd round QB? Pretty simple answer for me.

tyton75 01-08-2013 02:56 PM

Well, guess its good to know that we don't have to send our scouts out to look at any 1st round talent. We already have the pick sown up in January.

*poking the bear is fun