ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Buccaneers Unveiling New Logo/Helmet Thursday Feb 20th (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=281590)

Anyong Bluth 02-21-2014 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 10444655)
I'm not sure how many times you see a complete helmet change and don't see anything done to the uniforms. In the NFL this has maybe happened a couple times? I can't think of once but it probably has happened.

What I can't understand is why the league put in New restrictions on alternate helmets, jerseys, etc before the past season or 2. Seems like Goddell would totally be on board as its another merchandise $$$ grab for sure.

I don't like it because our franchise is a perfect example of being locked in. Before they could try an 1-off New design. There's no way we'd do it now, since it means sticking with it for the entire 16.

Technically, you can wear throwbacks, but we don't really have any. Not that it's a loss, but not even the Texans are " throwbacks " - that was just for the AFL anniversary season. Just like the Titans and Ravens are wearing " throwbacks " and rocking out onto the field in Oilers or Browns unis.

Other than VERY little changes to trim, piping, and maybe font for letters and numbers- we have got squat in terms of a revamped look.

Can you believe Lamar wanted our original colors to be that Powder Blue that the Oilers had and Orange like Denver. Houston submitted their color scheme 1st to the league, and we switched to Red and Gold.

Ironically, we've yet to actually wear Gold, just Yellow for some bizarre reason.

Biggest shocker- Donkeys was one of the final 3 mascots Chief's was selected from.

Anyong Bluth 02-21-2014 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 10444697)
Yeah, I've never liked the updated Broncos. It just looks generic. And the swoop that goes down the pants is lame. They might have the worst uniforms.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10444692)
I think the Broncos switching to a completely new design was awful. Awful awful uniform.

I liked the 'ol Orange helmet with the 'D' on it.

It's like the slightly tweaked Powercat logo motif- which a number of teams used as a futuristic obscure logo refresh back in the 90's like Iowa and others. Just its a bit less abstract and a rehash of the above with a tiny refresh to make it a bit more animalistic in form and less transformers logoesque.

To me, I've always thought that change looked tired and dated and Denver's old uniforms were way better.

Anyong Bluth 02-21-2014 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 10444817)
The Reebok ones were a lot worse but yeah.. they should go back to the throwbacks, those looked cool. Same applies to the Patriots too..

Just like I think the old LA Rams uniforms were better than the updated Gold ones.

Anyong Bluth 02-21-2014 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10445027)
we could change our mascot to a Groundhog.

It it is wearing a tophat, monocle, & bears some resemblance to a certain character from Caddyshack, I'm all for it.

Anyong Bluth 02-21-2014 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmh6476 (Post 10445198)
buccaneers offends pirates everywhere. Aaarrrrggghhh

Somalian unrest rears it's ugly head as people take to the mudpaths in protest of Tampa Bay's insensitivity!!

-News at 11-

tecumseh 02-21-2014 03:30 PM

Shoulda put the buccaneer hat on the skull. This kinda looks like poison. Not the band. The warning label. Our team is poison to your NFL career. Nice symbolism.

Anyong Bluth 02-21-2014 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tecumseh (Post 10445401)
Shoulda put the buccaneer hat on the skull. This kinda looks like poison. Not the band. The warning label. Our team is poison to your NFL career. Nice symbolism.

Tampa was unsure how else to better depict staph and MRSA in logo form.

Easy 6 02-21-2014 07:19 PM

What a ridiculous amount of buildup this got... WE MADE THE FLAG EVEN BIGGER!

Seriously, this is the worst NFL uniform makeover ever, a logo that big on the helmet looks stupid.

Bewbies 02-21-2014 07:26 PM

They need to have swords clipped to their belts.

GoChargers 02-21-2014 07:37 PM

I really like it. The shinier pewter looks good and the oversized logo works because of its shape.

Mav 02-21-2014 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 10445930)
I really like it. The shinier pewter looks good and the oversized logo works because of its shape.

I just cant get behind it. I didn't like when Boise State did this to their helmets either. I like the Classier look like your bolts white helmets opposed to the Blue, I like the Steelers classy helmets, the Browns helmets because they are the only logo less helmets in the league.

This outlandish stuff, is just beyond me.

Bleh.

Anyong Bluth 02-21-2014 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10446100)
I just cant get behind it. I didn't like when Boise State did this to their helmets either. I like the Classier look like your bolts white helmets opposed to the Blue, I like the Steelers classy helmets, the Browns helmets because they are the only logo less helmets in the league.

This outlandish stuff, is just beyond me.

Bleh.

The Super Bowl Gods don't like the Browns helmet with no logo, and have treated them such.

Jiu Jitsu Jon 02-23-2014 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10445183)
They could just update the arrowhead.

A roulette wheel.

Al Bundy 02-23-2014 04:27 PM

The pewter is the ugliest color in the NFL.

Mother****erJones 02-23-2014 04:56 PM

Myself I like their first symbol better. I think they could come up with a better one than the flag