ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Group of Chiefs fans wants to turn up volume at Arrowhead (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274608)

Halfcan 07-18-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9818876)
Get a Franchise QB and the volume will automatically go up.

Playing the Alex card-lol :spock:

Well Dave you can sit home and cry about Alex Smith on the internet while we are watching the Chiefs win and hopefully breaking the record.

Halfcan 07-18-2013 09:17 AM

As reported by Terrorhead Returns.

Decibel History; There are many comments related to our decibel records and highest. I spent some time last week researching our records online. As most Chiefs fans are aware, in the 1990's a professional sound metering firm recorded decibels measuring 116 at Arrowhead. This established an NFL known record high, and set the bar for all other teams to compete against. It was this historical record that led to world wide media and others associated with the NFL in some way, to bestow the title of, "Loudest Stadium in the NFL" upon Arrowhead & Chiefs fans. However, since that historical 116 decibel record was established in the 90's, Chiefs fans themselves have beat their own record. By the late 90's professional sound analysts were measuring decibels averaging in the 120's during games that drew peak attendance. It has been reported Chiefs fans have even set decibels as high as in to the 130's, though I have not been able to officially confirm those reports. Each NFL stadium has it's own professional sound metering equipment, and each franchise maintains game decibel records in their archives. I'm unable to access those records archived at the Chiefs, which is why I can't confirm we've reached as high as in to the 130's as reported by some media sources.

Iowanian 07-18-2013 09:19 AM

What's fake about this?

Well....Arrowhead hasn't been loud since the Chiefs started sucking more seasons ago than I care to think about. It was probably still loud 2 games in a row in 2005.

Dave Lane 07-18-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9818695)
Yeah right. Seattle has a bunch of fairweather fans. Just look at the stadium when we kicked their ass a couple years ago. It was empty and quieter than a Jags home game.

Nothing is that quiet. The only 2 Jags fans are posting here now.

Molitoth 07-18-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 9818881)
Playing the Alex card-lol :spock:

Well Dave you can sit home and cry about Alex Smith on the internet while we are watching the Chiefs win and hopefully breaking the record.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

:spock:

Phobia 07-18-2013 09:31 AM

They want to pick a good game? Wait for the Vikings to come to town. Take a measurement when Cassel emerges from the tunnel.

DaKCMan AP 07-18-2013 09:35 AM

Seems to me a college stadium like LSU, Bama, Florida, ohio state, Michigan could crush Seattle's noise output. 90k-110k attendance.

Thig Lyfe 07-18-2013 09:36 AM

When did anybody ever call it Terrorhead? Is that a real thing?

ptlyon 07-18-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 9818853)
It's not happening like that again. The crowd has changed too much. Now you're as likely to be asked to sit down and stop yelling so much by other fans as to be drown out by them.

There is so much to this. The crowd has changed. I'd like to know how many times I've gotten a look from somebody in front of me when I was yelling. Like they were appalled or didn't understand why I would do such a thing.

Also the fans just don't get it anymore. Seems like they get loud on 3rd down & when they do its after the other team breaks huddle. You have to be loud as they are going into huddle & up thru the snap. If you make it so they can't hear in the huddle, they can't hear the play, or maybe get the play mixed up with another.

I'm afraid Arrowhead will never be the same again.

ptlyon 07-18-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9818920)

No

DaKCMan AP 07-18-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9818920)

No, and it's lame. Fail.

Thig Lyfe 07-18-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9818942)
No, and it's lame. Fail.

QUITE lame. QUITE fail.

DaKCMan AP 07-18-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9818946)
QUITE lame. QUITE fail.

QUITE unAwesome.

planetdoc 07-18-2013 10:02 AM

might be a good time to by some equity in audiology testing centers/ hearing aid companies in the seatle/KC area.

$3000 hearing aid devices and an aging population means their is an oppurtunity for growth in the industry along with a healthy profit margin.

Nzoner 07-18-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9818668)
October 7, 1991

Bills vs. Chiefs
Monday Night Football

Now THAT was LOUD and I was there. It was the game that made Arrowhead, ARROWHEAD.

I remember ESPN doing a piece after the game appropriately titled AMBUSH AT ARROWHEAD