ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Anybody still think Haley shouldn't have been fired? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266565)

milkman 11-13-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9117203)
What could you have possibly liked about Todd Haley?

He had the personality of a ****ing goat turd. His teams sucked ass on the field. He was a ****ing dick to his players and coaches.

Please explain.

The Steelers have scored 16 points in one other game.

Every other game they've scored 19 points or more.

The Ravens scored only 9 points against the Chiefs, and have scored 23 or more points in every other game.

Coincidentally, the Steeler and Raven games are the only games that the Chiefs have attacked early and often on defense from the opening kickoff.

I don't need a history lesson on the mistakes that haley made, but I contend that you are wrong that Haley was an example of the peter principle.

DaneMcCloud 11-13-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9117274)
I don't need a history lesson on the mistakes that haley made, but I contend that you are wrong that Haley was an example of the peter principle.

When Todd Haley gets a job with anyone unrelated to the Steelers or Parcells, I'll believe that.

Whisenhunt/Cards: Steelers
Pioli/Chiefs: Parcells Jets/Parcells Dallas (Also, his Dad was with the Jets as well)
Tomlin/Steelers: Steelers/Hid Dad

If the guy is fired and hired by a team like Seattle next year AND he succeeds, I'll give a little. Until then, he's just another in a long line of guys that have jobs in the NFL due to nepotism/cronyism.

That's actually just one reason I'd like to see the Chiefs hire a guy like Chip Kelly and let him do it his way: No NFL ties.

NJChiefsFan 11-13-2012 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9117066)
T0dd added who and then made them players?

Anyone?...

He certainly had a lot of fail in the "role players" he added but when you have a strong GM its hard to think that most of the actual players added is on the first time head coach vs. Mr. Amazing GM. I would argue he did a good job with DJ and Bowe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9117074)
Haley just ****ed them over for five.

Again, whatever your feelings on him as a coach, I think the actual roster decisions need to fall on the guy whose ego seems too large to let a first time head coach make any major player decisions. He got a few role players and Breaston. That didn't set us back 5 years.

DaneMcCloud 11-13-2012 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9117372)
He certainly had a lot of fail in the "role players" he added but when you have a strong GM its hard to think that most of the actual players added is on the first time head coach vs. Mr. Amazing GM. I would argue he did a good job with DJ and Bowe.

Again, whatever your feelings on him as a coach, I think the actual roster decisions need to fall on the guy whose ego seems too large to let a first time head coach make any major player decisions. He got a few role players and Breaston. That didn't set us back 5 years.

:facepalm:

This is year FOUR since Haley and Pioli were hired.

Haley's since been fired. Crennel and Pioli will soon be fired.

How is 2013 NOT five years?

NJChiefsFan 11-13-2012 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9117375)
:facepalm:

This is year FOUR since Haley and Pioli were hired.

Haley's since been fired. Crennel and Pioli will soon be fired.

How is 2013 NOT five years?

I don't understand how you can always get so mad at people for misreading your posts yet constantly do it to others.

You said Haley ****ed the team over for five and thats my issue. Pioli is the one that has ****ed them over for five years. Pioli is the common factor for every year. Haley didn't make the roster decisions that are the issue with this team.

If you feel he didn't use the roster correctly that's fine, but if that's the case the team should be better. Since it isn't, its pretty clear that the set back of five years doesn't fall on Haley, it falls on Pioli.

DaneMcCloud 11-13-2012 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9117378)
I don't understand how you can always get so mad at people for misreading your posts yet constantly do it to others.

You said Haley ****ed the team over for five and thats my issue. Pioli is the one that has ****ed them over for five years. Pioli is the common factor for every year. Haley didn't make the roster decisions that are the issue with this team. 22 guys off the street. Yeah, right.

If you feel he didn't use the roster correctly that's fine, but if that's the case the team should be better. Since it isn't, its pretty clear that the set back of five years doesn't fall on Haley, it falls on Pioli.

Haley completely ****ed over this team. His abrasive style, which included yelling at players and assistant coaches on the sidelines during games (which were caught by cameras) along with his overall coaching ****ed this franchise.

While it's true that Pioli has done a piss poor job of identifying free agents and college draftees, Haley didn't help himself or the team by playing Larry Johnson and Mike Goof for ten games, nor did he help himself by going for it on 4th down on his own 20, etc. and so on.

Pioli has been an abomination as a GM but Haley did absolutely nothing to help this team.

Nothing.

It'll be 2013 before this ship has been "righted", making it five years.

BossChief 11-13-2012 11:46 PM

You know what Id loved to have seen?

Todd Haley with a LEGIT QB prospect in KC.

Look at what he has done EVERYWHERE ELSE he a has had one of those.

NJChiefsFan 11-13-2012 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9117383)
Haley completely ****ed over this team. His abrasive style, which included yelling at players and assistant coaches on the sidelines during games (which were caught by cameras) along with his overall coaching ****ed this franchise.

While it's true that Pioli has done a piss poor job of identifying free agents and college draftees, Haley didn't help himself or the team by playing Larry Johnson and Mike Goof for ten games, nor did he help himself by going for it on 4th down on his own 20, etc. and so on.

Pioli has been an abomination as a GM but Haley did absolutely nothing to help this team.

Nothing.

While I don't hate Haley like you, I don't feel I can disagree with your feelings on Haley and his time here. My only issue is that I don't think what Haley did ****ed them over beyond his regime. Once Haley left everything he was doing ceased to affect this franchise. So even if you feel this team under-achieved with Haley, it had no affect on the past 2 years.

I guess I just hear ****ed over and think a long term affect that keeps going beyond their time here. Like what DV did. I just think the difference is DV had a lot more say in personnel. Haley's affect on this time was strictly limited to the play on the field, and imho, wouldn't affect future teams once he wasn't around.

Really, my beef with your comment isn't what Haley did when he was here but the implication(at least how I took it), that his impact was still being felt.

BossChief 11-13-2012 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9117383)

Nothing.

ROFL

Yeah, sure.

DaneMcCloud 11-13-2012 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9117392)
You know what Id loved to have seen?

Todd Haley with a LEGIT QB prospect in KC.

Look at what he has done EVERYWHERE ELSE he a has had one of those.

Yeah, he scored 13 points last night against a 1-8 team.

Woo-hoo!

Rausch 11-13-2012 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9117392)
You know what I'd love to see?

Any HC in KC with a LEGIT QB prospect.

Post fixed...

DaneMcCloud 11-13-2012 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9117394)
ROFL

Yeah, sure.

Really?

Then why were they 5-8 when he was fired? Why did they win 2 games AFTER he was fired?

I don't remember the San Francisco 49ers falling off a cliff when Bill Walsh retired.

I don't remember the Denver Broncos falling off a cliff when Dan Reeves was fired.

I don't remember the Pittsburgh Steelers dumping seasons after Cowher left.

Yet, I'm to believe that the absence of Todd Haley and Todd Haley alone means that the Chiefs fall to 1-8?

Bullshit.

BossChief 11-13-2012 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9117396)
Yeah, he scored 13 points last night against a 1-8 team.

Woo-hoo!

Ben was on pace to have his best year as a pro and the team was back in the elite class even though they were without some of their best players for a lot of the year.

Meanwhile, in KC...Bowe, DJ, and others have gone back to pre Haley form...or at best have gone back to being inconsistent.

NJChiefsFan 11-13-2012 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9117398)
Post fixed...

Yeah that would be a neat change of pace.

DaneMcCloud 11-13-2012 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9117410)
Ben was on pace to have his best year as a pro and the team was back in the elite class even though they were without some of their best players for a lot of the year.

Meanwhile, in KC...Bowe, DJ, and others have gone back to pre Haley form...or at best have gone back to being inconsistent.

So, Derrick Johnson this season and especially last night, was pre-Haley form?

No.

As for Dwayne Bowe, he's clearly mailed it in. Every report says he wants out and it's clear from his level of play that it's true.

He must hate the Kansas City Chiefs, Pioli, Crennel, et al so much that he's willing to leave money on the table by playing so poorly.

That, my friend, has nothing to do with Todd Haley.