ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Last 53 Man Roster Before Preseason Games. Who ya got? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=301330)

thabear04 08-09-2016 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 12358526)
Huh. I guess I don't know.

I could be wrong.

Rain Man 08-09-2016 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 12358498)
You don't have our 4th round draft pick making the team? I don't see anyway we cut Robinson. He's the 6th WR.

Oh, for some reason I was thinking he was a 7th and I figured he'd go to the practice squad. In that case he'll probably knock Wilson off the roster? That's a fast fall.

It seems like the team has a lot of depth this year.

jjchieffan 08-09-2016 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12358894)
Oh, for some reason I was thinking he was a 7th and I figured he'd go to the practice squad. In that case he'll probably knock Wilson off the roster? That's a fast fall.

It seems like the team has a lot of depth this year.

I don't think that he bumps Wilson at all You only list 5 WR, and we probably keep 6. I think the cut comes on the other side of the ball. I doubt that we keep 7 CB, so bye bye Fleming.

Rain Man 08-09-2016 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 12358901)
I don't think that he bumps Wilson at all You only list 5 WR, and we probably keep 6. I think the cut comes on the other side of the ball. I doubt that we keep 7 CB, so bye bye Fleming.

It's going to be a tough call. Fleming is pretty well regarded on special teams, isn't he?

It seems like there are half a dozen veterans who are really on the bubble this year, and that's a good thing.

O.city 08-09-2016 11:06 AM

Thats true Rainman, I forgot about that in my cutting of Fleming. He is a good special team guy.

kccrow 08-09-2016 11:52 AM

Here's my stab at it...

QB: Alex Smith, Nick Foles, Tyler Bray
RB: Jamaal Charles, Charcandrick West, Spencer Ware
FB: Anthony Sherman
WR: Jeremy Maclin, Albert Wilson, Chris Conley, Rod Streater, Tyreek Hill, Demarcus Robinson
TE: Travis Kelce, Demetrius Harris, James O'Shaughnessy
OL: Eric Fisher, Parker Ehinger, Mitch Morse, Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, Mitchell Schwartz, Jah Reid, Zach Fulton, Jarrod Pughsley

DL: Jaye Howard, Dontari Poe, Allen Bailey, Chris Jones, Rakeem Nunez-Roches, Nick Williams
OLB: Justin Houston*, Dee Ford, Dezman Moses*, Tamba Hali, Frank Zombo, Jonathan Massaquoi
ILB: Derrick Johnson, Josh Mauga, Justin March, Ramik Wilson, D.J. Alexander
CB: Marcus Peters, Phillip Gaines, Steven Nelson, KeiVarae Russell, D.J. White
DS: Eric Berry, Daniel Sorensen, Eric Murray, Ron Parker, Stevie Brown

*Assume Houston on PUP, Moses on squad until he returns.

ST: Dustin Colquitt, James Winchester, Cairo Santos

PS: Kevin Hogan, Zach Sterup, Daniel Munyer, Garrick Mayweather, Mitch Mathews, Ross Travis, Jimmy Staten, Dadi Nicolas, Terrance Smith, Bryce Cheek

Easy 6 08-09-2016 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 12358498)
You don't have our 4th round draft pick making the team? I don't see anyway we cut Robinson. He's the 6th WR.

Agreed, tons of upside there and he has been flashing pretty hard in camp... he makes the cut

Buns 08-09-2016 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 12359001)
Here's my stab at it...

WR: Jeremy Maclin, Albert Wilson, Chris Conley, Rod Streater, Tyreek Hill, Demarcus Robinson
TE: Travis Kelce, Demetrius Harris, James O'Shaughnessy
OL: Eric Fisher, Parker Ehinger, Mitch Morse, Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, Mitchell Schwartz, Jah Reid, Zach Fulton, Jarrod Pughsley

DL: Jaye Howard, Dontari Poe, Allen Bailey, Chris Jones, Rakeem Nunez-Roches, Nick Williams
OLB: Justin Houston*, Dee Ford, Dezman Moses*, Tamba Hali, Frank Zombo, Jonathan Massaquoi

*Assume Houston on PUP, Moses on squad until he returns.

PS: Kevin Hogan, Zach Sterup, Daniel Munyer, Garrick Mayweather, Mitch Mathews, Ross Travis, Jimmy Staten, Dadi Nicolas, Terrance Smith, Bryce Cheek

1st roster I've seen with Jonathan Massaquoi making the team. What is his deal? Haven't read his name once...

kccrow 08-09-2016 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Virtua Chief (Post 12359031)
1st roster I've seen with Jonathan Massaquoi making the team. What is his deal? Haven't read his name once...

Not sure. Mixed bag of shit with him, Moses, and Mulumba IMO. I just picked one. He has NFL experience/results as a situational guy in Atlanta, but last year was a huge WTF not making Tennessee's roster.

ct 08-09-2016 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 12359042)
Not sure. Mixed bag of shit with him, Moses, and Mulumba IMO. I just picked one. He has NFL experience/results as a situational guy in Atlanta, but last year was a huge WTF not making Tennessee's roster.

i guessed dadi nicolas to make the squad until houston is activated

saphojunkie 08-09-2016 12:37 PM

TE: Travis Kelce, James O'Shaughnessy, Ross Travis

OLB: Dee Ford, Tamba Hali, Frank Zombo, Jonathan Massaquoi, Dezmon Moses

Justin Houston: IR designated to return

PS: Kevin Hogan, Zach Sterup, Daniel Munyer, Garrick Mayweather, Mitch Mathews, Brian Parker, Jimmy Staten, Dadi Nicolas, Terrance Smith, Bryce Cheek

RealSNR 08-09-2016 12:37 PM

Fleming is making the team, guys. You're letting last year's shit influence your perception too much. He's been doing okay in training camp and can play special teams. Will old fart Stevie Brown be playing special teams?

kccrow 08-09-2016 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12359067)
Fleming is making the team, guys. You're letting last year's shit influence your perception too much. He's been doing okay in training camp and can play special teams. Will old fart Stevie Brown be playing special teams?

Did Husain Abdullah play special teams?

Sometimes the old farts do what they have to do to get a paycheck.

I also think youngster DJ White is a guy that makes the 53 based on ST.

DaneMcCloud 08-09-2016 03:16 PM

As of today (subject to change):

QB: Alex Smith, Nick Foles, Kevin Hogan
RB: Charcandrick West, Spencer Ware, Darren Reaves (Charles on PUP)
WR: Jeremy Maclin, Rod Streater, Tyreek Hill, Chris Conley, Albert Wilson, Demarcus Robinson
TE: Travis Kelce, Demetrius Harris, James O'Shaughnessy, Ross Travis

OLB: Tamba Hali, Dee Ford, Frank Zombo, Dezman Moses, Dadi Nicolas (Houston on PUP)
ILB: Derrick Johnson, Justin March, Ramik Wilson, D.J. Alexander

jjchieffan 08-09-2016 03:23 PM

Dane, that is the first roster that I've seen with Hogan making it over Bray. Bray has had a good camp. You really think he doesn't make the team and they find a way to stash Hogan on IR like they have been doing with Bray? And I know that Charles isn't in camp, but why do you think that he goes on PUP? Everything I've read indicates he will be ready to go.