ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Lakers have fired Mike Brown (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266414)

Sorter 11-09-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9101314)
Honestly the Princeton wasnt the problem.

Mike Brown is supposed to be a defensive genius and hes got one of the best defenders in the game. This team was giving up 100 points to BS teams and looked like shit.

NBA teams play defense during the regular season?

Really? I thought they boycotted that shit after Y2K...

kcxiv 11-09-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9101319)
NBA teams play defense during the regular season?

Really? I thought they boycotted that shit after Y2K...

When was the last time you watched the NBA? They have done alot to not make it like the NFL with all offense and little defense.

Sorter 11-09-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9101321)
When was the last time you watched the NBA? They have done alot to not make it like the NFL with all offense and little defense.

I watched teh playoffs just about every year with a few games during the regular season.

I don't think that NBA players play defense during the beginning of the regular season like they do in the playoffs. Of course, I don't watch NBA very much anymore, so I probably am wrong.

Mr. Laz 11-09-2012 12:49 PM

The choice of trying to run the Princeton offense was terrible.

it's a high energy,motion offense designed to give a lesser talented team a chance to compete through intelligences and effort. The exact opposite of what the Lakers have with their older,uber talented team who has to conserve energy for defense and to stay healthy.

A double pick and roll offense is pretty much all they need.

kcxiv 11-09-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9101329)
I watched teh playoffs just about every year with a few games during the regular season.

I don't think that NBA players play defense during the beginning of the regular season like they do in the playoffs. Of course, I don't watch NBA very much anymore, so I probably am wrong.

of course its not going to be tip top at the beg of the year just like NFL teams are where they need to be at the beg of the year.

But, yes you are fairly wrong. There are some teams that are bad no doubt, but there are some teams that are really freaking good on defense.

L.A. Chieffan 11-09-2012 12:50 PM

Just throwing it out there but I would have loved to see Messina get a shot. Too bad.

Sorter 11-09-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9101338)
of course its not going to be tip top at the beg of the year just like NFL teams are where they need to be at the beg of the year.

But, yes you are fairly wrong. There are some teams that are bad no doubt, but there are some teams that are really freaking good on defense.

I'll have to start watching again I suppose. What are the good defensive teams?

RealSNR 11-09-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9101271)
ROFL a shot? Only if the Spurs and Thunder die in plane crashes.

Yeah, you're probably right. It would seem far more normal if the Spurs got that 1 seed and did something reeruned like lose to a team like the Memphis Grizzlies or the ****ing Golden State Warriors.

CoMoChief 11-09-2012 12:59 PM

Phil Jackson come on down....this is another loaded Lakers team he can win another Finals with.

Buck 11-09-2012 01:00 PM

Are we even allowed to talk to B Shaw?

kcxiv 11-09-2012 01:00 PM

Its not going to be D'Antoni thank god. Hejust had surgery and is down til December.

kcxiv 11-09-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9101381)
Are we even allowed to talk to B Shaw?

For a head coaching job yes!, but i have a strong feeling we are going to see Phil Jackson again.

BlackHelicopters 11-09-2012 01:03 PM

Not even 10% of the season gone by, and they make a decisive move. Meanwhile, in KCMO...............

BWillie 11-09-2012 01:14 PM

Gotta hire phil...give him one last shot to ride into the sunset

BlackHelicopters 11-09-2012 01:19 PM

NBA is damn near unwatchable.