ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Percy Harvin joins the Jets (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=287560)

BossChief 10-18-2014 01:59 PM

I don't care about the chemistry part as much as some others here...I'd have given that for Percy Harvin.

When healthy, the guy is flat out uncoveable by anyone but a handful of corners in this league as a receiver and he is so much more than just a receiver.

I would have loved to have seen him in KC.

Chiefshrink 10-18-2014 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 11024235)
Huh? Seattle gave up on him pretty quickly.

He is soft and a locker room cancer:thumb:

-King- 10-18-2014 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 11025770)
I don't care about the chemistry part as much as some others here...I'd have given that for Percy Harvin.

When healthy, the guy is flat out uncoveable by anyone but a handful of corners in this league as a receiver and he is so much more than just a receiver.

I would have loved to have seen him in KC.

And yet a superbowl team with an "elite" young QB couldn't make it work. If he's fighting teammates there especially during superbowl week, then no, I don't want him.

-King- 10-18-2014 02:14 PM

Reports: Harvin fought teammates, took himself out on Sunday

Percy Harvin
AP
As the shocking trade of Percy Harvin to the Jets continues to dominate the NFL news cycle, reports from Seattle indicate that the Seahawks simply decided they couldn’t tolerate Harvin’s misbehavior, which included multiple fights with teammates and a refusal to play late in Sunday’s loss to the Cowboys.

One fight took place the week before the Super Bowl and left then-Seahawks receiver Golden Tate with a black eye, according to Lance Zierlein of Sports Talk 790 in Houston. Another fight took place in the preseason this year and left receiver Doug Baldwin with a cut on his chin, according to the Seattle Times.

Harvin also reportedly took himself out of Sunday’s game and wouldn’t go back in when coaches asked him to play. Seahawks coach Pete Carroll was asked why Harvin didn’t play much late in the game and answered with a vague reference to “readiness,” but it now appears that the real problem was “willingness,” or lack thereof, of Harvin to get on the field.

Combining the reports out of Seattle with the widespread reports from two years ago that Harvin was a cancer in the Vikings’ locker room, it looks like the Jets just landed themselves a malcontent. They’d better have a plan for how to deal with Harvin’s inevitable unhappiness.

Chiefshrink 10-18-2014 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 11025173)
Makes me sick the jerking off on every football show about Dallas being a super bowl contender. Orgasm in the booth when they beat Seattle last week.

Agreed. Trust me this is Dallas's pre-mature ejac that happened in reference to your point about the orgasm in the booth. Remember it's Jones who took over the GM reins when he saw Jimmy getting all the credit as he should have during the SB years. Jerry's insecure ego won't be outdone against his former college friend,teammate and employee 'who thinks' he can do it better and re-invent the NFL wheel. Jerry is the classic example of that guy who WILL try to fix something that isn't broke and why it will be the same for the Cowboys at the end of the year. ;)

Jerry has been screwing up wet dreams since Jimmy has been gone and will continue to do so. Only yes men will work for Jerry.:thumb:

Chiefshrink 10-18-2014 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 11025793)
Reports: Harvin fought teammates, took himself out on Sunday

Percy Harvin
AP
As the shocking trade of Percy Harvin to the Jets continues to dominate the NFL news cycle, reports from Seattle indicate that the Seahawks simply decided they couldn’t tolerate Harvin’s misbehavior, which included multiple fights with teammates and a refusal to play late in Sunday’s loss to the Cowboys.

One fight took place the week before the Super Bowl and left then-Seahawks receiver Golden Tate with a black eye, according to Lance Zierlein of Sports Talk 790 in Houston. Another fight took place in the preseason this year and left receiver Doug Baldwin with a cut on his chin, according to the Seattle Times.

Harvin also reportedly took himself out of Sunday’s game and wouldn’t go back in when coaches asked him to play. Seahawks coach Pete Carroll was asked why Harvin didn’t play much late in the game and answered with a vague reference to “readiness,” but it now appears that the real problem was “willingness,” or lack thereof, of Harvin to get on the field.

Combining the reports out of Seattle with the widespread reports from two years ago that Harvin was a cancer in the Vikings’ locker room, it looks like the Jets just landed themselves a malcontent. They’d better have a plan for how to deal with Harvin’s inevitable unhappiness.

As Paul Harvey would say at the end of his commentary: "And now you know the reeeeeeeeeeest of the story;)

BigCatDaddy 10-18-2014 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 11025302)
Kind of let's you know what they think of Decker as wr1...

I don't think they ever thought of Decker as a #1 because he isn't. He's probably a #2-#3 on most teams, but the Jets don't have many legit NFL WR's on the roster so Decker gets the targets. They've done a horrible job of surrounding Geno with weapons. Come on Decker and old ass CJ as the new weapons :facepalm:

vailpass 10-18-2014 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 11025817)
I don't think they ever thought of Decker as a #1 because he isn't. He's probably a #2-#3 on most teams, but the Jets don't have many legit NFL WR's on the roster so Decker gets the targets. They've done a horrible job of surrounding Geno with weapons. Come on Decker and old ass CJ as the new weapons :facepalm:

Yeah not exactly an arsenal...

Mr. Laz 10-18-2014 03:49 PM

Quote:

Harvin also reportedly took himself out of Sunday’s game and wouldn’t go back in when coaches asked him to play.
This is enough right here for you not to want him

can't have it

Easy 6 10-18-2014 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 11025950)
This is enough right here for you not to want him

can't have it

Dude is a bitch diva and isnt worth the money he gets.

He cant run the entire route tree and has to be schemed open.

Setsuna 10-18-2014 04:40 PM

I blame Urban Meyer

vailpass 10-18-2014 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 11025964)
Dude is a bitch diva and isnt worth the money he gets.

95 percent of NFL wr's need a scheme...

Chiefshrink 10-18-2014 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 11025964)

Correct. Because he is soft.