ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Misc iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, or Samsung S4 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276165)

luv 09-12-2013 11:00 AM

iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, or Samsung S4

Which one should I get?

L.A. Chieffan 09-12-2013 11:07 AM

note 3

bevischief 09-12-2013 12:47 PM

Samsung S4

jjjayb 09-12-2013 12:59 PM

S4

Silock 09-12-2013 01:08 PM

Unless you absolutely need a big screen, 5s. The C isn't worth it. The S4 is huge to me. Lots of features that I just don't use or care about.

mnchiefsguy 09-12-2013 01:15 PM

My wife and I got S4s last month and have been very happy with them.

AustinChief 09-12-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9966160)
Unless you absolutely need a big screen, 5s. The C isn't worth it. The S4 is huge to me. Lots of features that I just don't use or care about.

Dude, the 5s? Seriously? The S4 is exactly .5" taller and .4" wider and the same depth. I could understand if you have tiny hands or wear really tight pants... but I assume Luv can keep it in her purse. Actually if I was a chick I really would go for the Note3 for that same reason... but that ****er is too big for pockets.

Oh and speaking of features no one will ever use... FINGERPRINT SCANNER! HAHAHAHA!

Sadly, Apple is in a death spiral right now... I wouldn't recommend anyone jumping on board until they at least level out. I actually hope they start to pull out soon, the entire industry suffers when one of the innovators stops innovating.

loochy 09-12-2013 02:49 PM

Check out a Nokia 5210. They're pretty awesome.

MTG#10 09-12-2013 03:07 PM

Note 3. But if you think that's too big S4. Android > ios

luv 09-12-2013 03:19 PM

Currently have the iPhone 4s, and I just thought it would be easier to transfer numbers and ringtones and everything. It's not like I have a lot of music on iTunes or anything. I mostly listen to Pandora. As long as I have that app, then I'm good. I'm leaning towards the Samsung. I always had a Samsung before being given my current iPhone. I can upgrade on October 1, so I think that's the direction I'm going to go.

SLAG 09-12-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9966524)
Currently have the iPhone 4s, and I just thought it would be easier to transfer numbers and ringtones and everything. It's not like I have a lot of music on iTunes or anything. I mostly listen to Pandora. As long as I have that app, then I'm good. I'm leaning towards the Samsung. I always had a Samsung before being given my current iPhone. I can upgrade on October 1, so I think that's the direction I'm going to go.

you should take a serious look at the HTC One

luv 09-12-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAG (Post 9966546)
you should take a serious look at the HTC One

Did a comparison between it and the S4. Seem almost identical. HTC looks to have a little more talk time. S4 has the larger screen. S4 is Android 4.2, and HTC is Android 4.1 (although I have no idea what that difference means).

MTG#10 09-12-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9966578)
Did a comparison between it and the S4. Seem almost identical. HTC looks to have a little more talk time. S4 has the larger screen. S4 is Android 4.2, and HTC is Android 4.1 (although I have no idea what that difference means).

<table cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td style="border-right: 1px solid black" align="center" width="50%">Android 4.1</td> <td align="center" width="50%">Android 4.2</td> </tr> <tr> <td style="border-right: 1px solid black" valign="top">
  • Screen elements shown: Digital clock at the top-center; day and date below the clock; lock icon at lower half of the screen
  • To unlock device, drop lock icon on unlock icon on outer ring.
  • Outer ring has shortcuts for Camera and Google Now.
  • Uses only one lockscreen
  • Does not allow lockscreen widgets
  • Notifications Shade accessible by swiping top screen edge downwards
</td> <td valign="top">
  • Screen elements shown: Digital clock at the top-right; day and date below the clock; lock icon at lower half of the screen; user icons below lock icon (for multi-user feature on tablets only)
  • Hour digits on clock are set in boldface, presumably for greater visibility
  • To unlock, drag lock icon to outer ring.
  • No app shortcuts on outer lock ring
  • Google Now can be launched by swiping center (dotted circle) of lockscreen’s bottom edge upwards.
  • Uses multiple lockscreens and allows lockscreen widgets; lockscreens can be rearranged
  • Notifications Shade accessible by swiping top screen edge downwards; swipe down with two fingers to open Quick Settings menu. For tablets, swipe down from the left side for Notification and the right side for the Quick Settings menu
  • Camera accessible by swiping right screen edge towards left (for phones only)
</td></tr></tbody></table>
The HTC will get 4.2 eventually, but I'd still go with the Samsung. Better camera, replaceable battery, you can add more memory, and super amoled looks better than s-lcd 3 imo. (nicer screen ;))

SLAG 09-12-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9966578)

HTC is better built all around.

The HTC will be getting 4.3 before the end of fall skipping 4.2

you will like either one

I just prefer HTC's Build Quality - and they didn't over do it with features you'll never use like samsung

Silock 09-12-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9966449)
Dude, the 5s? Seriously? The S4 is exactly .5" taller and .4" wider and the same depth.

And I still think it's too big. I've stuck with my iPhone 4 for that reason, but I'm going to be forced to go bigger. I think even the 4 is too big. Put it in your pocket and it's ****ing huge. Bigger and taller would just bulge in my pockets. No thanks.

Quote:

Oh and speaking of features no one will ever use... FINGERPRINT SCANNER! HAHAHAHA!
Not disagreeing with that. But the S4 has them, too. Eye tracking is ****ing dumb. iPhone's processor is way better, although I'm sure it will be leap-frogged by other phones soon. Such is life. The reality is that the difference between all of these phones is extremely minimal. Personally, I just prefer the smaller option. Also, it appears that battery life will favor the 5s, but we'll have to wait until real-world tests come out.

Quote:

Sadly, Apple is in a death spiral right now...
Your track record of predicting the failure of Apple products is awful, so I'll go with the opposite of whatever you say :)