ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Netflix: House of Cards (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269533)

ChiTown 03-07-2015 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 11367170)
From that link, one of the questions is answered, "If there is a subsequent season..."

If? This thing isn't already set for another season?

Baby Lee--this is your department. What is the status?

Yeah, they have to close this thing out. You can't leave it open ended on so many levels. Season 4 has the potential to be epic, if they take the time to manage the characters properly.

TLO 02-13-2016 02:08 AM

Binge watching seasons 1-3.

Pretty ready for season 4.

TLO 03-04-2016 11:49 AM

Binge watching will commence this evening.

BigRedChief 03-04-2016 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Li'l Smokey (Post 12113294)
Binge watching will commence this evening.

I didn't know this dropped tonight? Binge watching this weekend

cdcox 03-04-2016 10:01 PM

We plowed four episodes. Would again.

CoMoChief 03-04-2016 10:17 PM

My god...Could there possibly be anymore liberal gun grabbing propaganda bullshit in this season??? ridiculous. TONS of subliminal messaging in this season so far. Hell they even portray what seems to be their version of a young donald trump as the opposing candidate, or at least there are some parallels there. They even slip the name Trump a couple times into the season.

I was hoping this series wouldn't come to this....but hollywood/cia/white house couldn't resist turning this series into a govt propaganda machine. I guess this series is a carbon copy of the Clinton administration and Hillary is campaigning in an election year for potus.

I like the series..like Spacey's acting a lot always have. Robin Wright is a milf and Neve Campbell looks milfy too. Never thought she was good looking but she looks great in this series considering I haven't seen her in anything since Scream in the 90's. There's a Kate Mara cameo (dream flashback sequence) and she is really ****ing sexy. GREAT body. Overall great season...but man...the gun grabbing bullshit. Come...the ****....on. I mean there are A LOT of parallels in this series and they did that on purpose.

cdcox 03-04-2016 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 12114477)
My god...Could there possibly be anymore liberal gun grabbing propaganda bullshit in this season??? ridiculous. TONS of subliminal messaging in this season so far. Hell they even portray what seems to be their version of a young donald trump as the opposing candidate, or at least there are some parallels there. They even slip the name Trump a couple times into the season.

I was hoping this series wouldn't come to this....but hollywood/cia/white house couldn't resist turning this series into a govt propaganda machine. I guess this series is a carbon copy of the Clinton administration and Hillary is campaigning in an election year for potus.

I like the series..like Spacey's acting a lot always have. Robin Wright is a milf and Neve Campbell looks milfy too. Never thought she was good looking but she looks great in this series considering I haven't seen her in anything since Scream in the 90's. There's a Kate Mara cameo (dream flashback sequence) and she is really ****ing sexy. GREAT body. Overall great season...but man...the gun grabbing bullshit. Come...the ****....on. I mean there are A LOT of parallels in this series and they did that on purpose.

Parallels in House of Cards to real events in American politics over the last 40 years? Are you shitting me? Mind blown. Gonna need to take a break to process this. Whoa.

RunKC 03-04-2016 10:26 PM

Spoiler!

BigRedChief 03-06-2016 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 12114454)
I didn't know this dropped tonight? Binge watching this weekend

Finished it up today. I thought it was a way better season than last season.

frankotank 03-08-2016 10:37 AM

Yo Yo Yo!
so this guy at work keeps telling me I need to check this out.
I keep telling him I don't like political shit.
he keeps telling me that he doesn't either but he REALLY digs this show.

is he right? can a political intrigue hater dig this thing?

007 03-08-2016 08:53 PM

Season four was a complete redemption of season three. Badass ending.

I hope we are going to get two points of view next season.

Bewbies 03-08-2016 09:04 PM

Is there better television available anywhere today than this? If so, what is it? I loved season 4..!

OnTheWarpath15 03-11-2016 06:09 PM

Well, that completely made up for Season Three.

BigRedChief 03-11-2016 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 12119998)
Season four was a complete redemption of season three. Badass ending.

I hope we are going to get two points of view next season.

That seems to be the consensus opinion. Season 4 may be the best season since the first season.

KCUnited 03-11-2016 09:30 PM

I'm only 3 episodes in but this thing is going Homeland season 2 on me. The writing seems really bad to this point. I'll keep trucking with it though.