ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Thanksgiving Eve....Speak up for some REP (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=288730)

gblowfish 11-26-2014 04:40 PM

Thanksgiving Eve....Speak up for some REP

Tomorrow Mrs. Blowfish and I are off to Frankfort, KS, where we always go for Thanksgiving Day. Her mom was born there, and one of the old family homesteads is still there. It's a little shack of a house that they cram 60, 70 or more people into for Thanksgiving dinner, then some touch football up at the high school field, then back to the house for dessert.

I've had Thanksgiving in the front seat of my car from a paper plate for many of the last 20 years that I've been married to Mrs. Blowfish. When I was a kid, Thanksgiving meant my Mom and Dad, and me and my two sisters, around the dining room table with the good china, real silverware and crystal, and soft music, and the fireplace here in Stately Wayne Minor, the Blowfish Palace. My dad is gone now, all my family has moved hundreds of miles from KC. I'm the only one left. So for the last 20 years, it's Fankfort. Don't get me wrong, I love Frankfort. It's different, but in some ways, it's much more real, and much more gratifying.

One tradition is, before you are allowed to fill a plate, you must say one thing you are truly grateful for. No joking around. Something that you truly are grateful for over the course of the last year.

So, on this Thanksgiving Eve, tell us all truly one thing you're grateful for in the last year, and I'll rep till I run out of rep.

Here's Mine:

Thank You to the Kansas City Royals for ending 29 years of futility. It was a wonderful baseball season, and I enjoyed it so much, because it reminded me of how much I love baseball.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family from Mrs. Blowfish, our Kitties, and me.

Otter 11-26-2014 04:43 PM

My health, wife and looking out the windows every morning to see the Rocky Mountains.

Nice thread G!

stevieray 11-26-2014 04:44 PM

My wife.

BlackHelicopters 11-26-2014 04:45 PM

My health, and the divorce is final.

KCUnited 11-26-2014 04:45 PM

Got an uncle in Frankfurt; doctor with a nice plot of land for hunting. Haven't been there in years. Happy Thanksgiving.

Reerun_KC 11-26-2014 04:48 PM

for my wife and kids.... Couldnt imagine like without them...

FlaChief58 11-26-2014 04:48 PM

Happy thanksgiving everyone. May your day be filled with friends, family, good food and happy times

Bufkin 11-26-2014 04:50 PM

I'm thankful for FlyBone McTimmerson and JASONSAUTO for being my 2 best Chiefs Planet friends. You guys have always had my back and you're my blood brothers.

BigRedChief 11-26-2014 04:52 PM

I am thankful for a healthy wife and son. Wife and I enjoy our work. Son doing well in college. I have a huge list to be thankful for. I definitely have more to be thankful for than I deserve. I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving!

Third Eye 11-26-2014 04:55 PM

That's an easy one for me, I'm very thankful for the healthy and happy baby boy I was blessed with this year.

Why Not? 11-26-2014 05:00 PM

Wife and two amazing boys

And in all seriousness, even though it's down the list, this place. I think it's the best fan forum I've ever seen.

Why Not? 11-26-2014 05:00 PM

Oh and have a great Thanksgiving, everybody

Discuss Thrower 11-26-2014 05:00 PM

WHO'S GETTING DRUNK TONIGHT ****ERS

Perineum Ripper 11-26-2014 05:02 PM

My kids..they are my everything..without them and their love my PTSD probably would of beaten me

Trivers 11-26-2014 05:15 PM

Happy for my wife. Plus learning that a failed business acquisition is not the end of the world.