ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Why Geno Smith fell in the draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272695)

O.city 05-01-2013 08:41 PM

IIRC, at the time, Flacco was considered a reach.

the Talking Can 05-01-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 9650757)
JFC, are you really this stupid? Those weren't risky picks. Those were SAFE picks.

The closest comparison I can think of is St. Louis insisting upon using the #1 overall pick on Sam Bradford. The jury is still out on that, but the Rams haven't won dick yet with Bradford.

no, they weren't

and no one on this board wanted them or would have

they are both the ****ing definition of what Chiefs fan define as risky

they sure as hell weren't "Luck or RGIII"...which is the stated reason we couldn't draft a QB this year

tk13 05-01-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9650753)
The great thing about this argument is that the answers will all present themselves in due time.

Absolutely. Although I think this is an interesting discussion. This wasn't just a Rodgers or Brady Quinn situation. This was a guy considered by many a top 10 talent at the prime position that almost fell to mid-2nd round. I can't think of too many times that's happened.

notorious 05-01-2013 08:43 PM

I am not a Geno Smith fan, but Flacco being drafted at 18 was a reach at the time.

the Talking Can 05-01-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9650772)
Yuo live in your own little world dude. You owned nothing but your mother.

hey, i win every time you try to prove some stupid point

this board has been littered with people telling us we can't draft QBs that aren't 'guarantees' like Luck and RGIII

and neither Flacco or Rodgers were...and NO ONE was advocating for them

you're wrong

again

BourbonMan 05-01-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9650753)
The great thing about this argument is that the answers will all present themselves in due time.

THIS X 100000

BossChief 05-01-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9650718)
Flacco in the middle of the 1st wasn't a risk.

Hahaha

The guy transferred to Delaware because he couldn't win the starters job over another guy at Pittsburgh.

I'll give you some time to look up who that quarterback was.

the Talking Can 05-01-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9650779)
Absolutely. Although I think this is an interesting discussion. This wasn't just a Rodgers or Brady Quinn situation. This was a guy considered by many a top 10 talent at the prime position that almost fell to mid-2nd round. I can't think of too many times that's happened.

#39 is mid second?

by the definitions used on this board regularly, Flacco and Rodgers were risks

notorious 05-01-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9650779)

Emotion can blur judgement.

I think that the combination of this being the shittiest year for top 5 drafts picks ever along with us not drafting a 1st roud QB in years pushed people a little further into the emotional realm.

Marcellus 05-01-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9650740)
No, your issue is that "we" pound the table for a quRterback EVERY YEAR until we actually get one. Your kind, on the other hand, wouldn't draft a quarterback early because they text and use twitter.

Do you even watch the NFL besides Chiefs games?

You must not because you love shitty quarterbacks, like Alex Myth.

I would LOVE to draft a franchise QB but unlike you I realize you cant do that when they dont exist in the current draft.

I also understand Reid and Dorsey have absolutely nothing to do with the previous 30 years in KC. Nothing, nada, zip, zilch.

Those simple facts separates the people with brains from the people who just want something so bad they think they can imagine it into fruition.

Its kind of like having apposable thumbs.... or not.

notorious 05-01-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9650790)
Hahaha

The guy transferred to Delaware because he couldn't win the starters job over another guy at Pittsburgh.

This is going to be an awesome bar trivia question some day. LMAO

Hammock Parties 05-01-2013 08:47 PM

QB-hating homers:

"You can't judge a draft class until 3 years have passed.

Also, GENO SMITH SUCKS HAAHAHAHAHAAHAHA."

Marcellus 05-01-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Hahaha

I know who the Qb was, it has nothing to do with the fact Flacco was taken about 15 spots early, thats not a "Risky" move.

A "Risky" move is JaMarcus Russel, Ryan Leaf, Cam Newton (Who hasn't actually won anything yet) etc.....

the Talking Can 05-01-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9650811)
QB-hating homers:

"You can't judge a draft class until 3 years have passed.

Also, GENO SMITH SUCKS HAAHAHAHAHAAHAHA."

Tyler Bray - udfa, world's biggest douchebag...."HE'S OUR QBOTF...REJOICE! REID WILL TEACH HIM MATURITY!"

Geno Smith....."HE FELL ALL THE WAY TO #39, PLUS HE TEXTS...TOO RISKY!"

Lex Luthor 05-01-2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Hahaha

So transferring to a different college automatically makes you a risky pick?

Tell that to Troy Aikman and Jeff George. They were both taken with the #1 overall pick despite transferring.

Hahaha