ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Where is a good place to have lunch in Columbia? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271803)

hometeam 04-05-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9559881)
If you really did want barbecue, there's a newish BBQ place in town called Lutz's that is easily the best we have. They do burnt ends and have great chicken wings. They've won some awards at the Royal and just took an overall competition in Tuscon.

Lutz dominates. Everything there is pretty incredible. They use only Burger Smokehouse meats! Much better than Bandanas.

For pizza in Columbia, Shakespeares is so overrated. Kostakis? Now your talkin.

tomahawk kid 04-05-2013 07:01 PM

CJs Hot Wings FTW!

CoMoChief 04-05-2013 07:04 PM

Booches burgers

SheakspearsPizza,

Flat Branch, good booze selection

Birmingham's BBQ is identical to Zardas in terms of beans and sammiches - some people hate Zarda, I think their sammiches are good.

That's about all I can think of off the top of my head for good "lunches". Everything else is your typical bar or is better for a dinner setting.

CoMoChief 04-05-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9559824)
Avoid that Indian place on Broadway...

ROFL....my roomate had the shits for like a week after he ate there, got so dehydrated from shitting ass water he went to the hospital.

CoMoChief 04-05-2013 07:08 PM

Holy shit I forgot Quentins. Great soup and sammiches....I'd go there. Can't even count the number of times i'd eat there on a sunday mid day hungover as shit.

Tap House and Flat Branch are best if you're looking for booze though.

Oh and as far as Chinese.....Peking Chinese is the best in town. next to the old Johnny's Be.anery (god damn language filter on this site)

Raiderhater 04-06-2013 05:08 PM

I appreciate all of the recommendations fellas. I chose Flat Branch. Had the bangers and mash and the oil change stout. I was quite pleased.

seclark 04-06-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9562018)
I appreciate all of the recommendations fellas. I chose Flat Branch. Had the bangers and mash and the oil change stout. I was quite pleased.

good for you. i'm in downtown st. louis. drinking schnickelfritz wheat. nice spicey taste. in the morning, i'll sober up, watch the wife run her marathon, and head back to nemo.
sec

Raiderhater 04-06-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 9562614)
good for you. i'm in downtown st. louis. drinking schnickelfritz wheat. nice spicey taste. in the morning, i'll sober up, watch the wife run her marathon, and head back to nemo.
sec

I'm about to head down to the Plaza for a birthday party and get drunk myself. :toast:

Fire Me Boy! 04-06-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 9562614)
sec

It's at 142 Wallaby Way.

Simply Red 04-06-2013 08:39 PM

Do they have a WhiteCastle there? :drool:

warpaint* 04-06-2013 08:40 PM

Buckinghams BBQ is decent

warpaint* 04-06-2013 08:42 PM

Murry's is good.
Shakespeare's pizza is as well

Ebolapox 04-06-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 9563129)
Do they have a WhiteCastle there? :drool:

technically speaking, I think we do.

cdcox 04-06-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trench (Post 9559840)
No, G&D's doesn't beat Shakespeare's. It is good, though. Angelo's on S. Providence is also good if you like Greek style pizza. Same family, I believe.

There's a rumor that there's a good BBQ shack on Bus. 70 by Firestone. Drive through only, very low rent. Haven't been there myself, so can't say for sure. For burgers, Booches on 9th. Pool hall, but the sliders are awesome. For fine dining there's Sycamore on Broadway, Grand Cru on Providence and a few other places. Lots of bars downtown, and I can't think of any place down there that was just bad.

Holy shit, is Booches still open? That's awesome.

DomerNKC 04-06-2013 11:55 PM

White Castle down the street from the QT FTW!!!!