ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Watch Dogs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275918)

Imon Yourside 09-06-2013 01:40 AM

Watch Dogs
 
Still loving Warframe but this definitely peaks my interest...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TRAzrwRZ-T4?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dayze 09-06-2013 07:08 AM

I can't wait for this one. I've been excited for it since I saw a preview of it simply by chance.

This, GTAV, and BF4 will occupy my time this winter. Though I'll hold off on BF4 for a while.

QuikSsurfer 09-06-2013 12:53 PM

This game... I want to play it.

hometeam 09-06-2013 06:35 PM

In.

Trevo_410 09-06-2013 06:42 PM

BONER!!!
this looks like person of interest.

Quesadilla Joe 09-06-2013 10:14 PM

I wonder what the consequences of getting hacked by an invading player are...

hometeam 09-07-2013 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9946163)
I wonder what the consequences of getting hacked by an invading player are...



<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/w6AnK8pdcsE?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kcxiv 05-01-2014 01:01 PM

anyone buying this game later this month? comes out on the 27th? I dont know if i buy on xbox or the PC. Im thinking maybe PC.

007 05-01-2014 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10597447)
anyone buying this game later this month? comes out on the 27th? I dont know if i buy on xbox or the PC. Im thinking maybe PC.

don't know why but this game just does not look interesting to me at all. Graphics look great though.

kcxiv 05-01-2014 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10597721)
don't know why but this game just does not look interesting to me at all. Graphics look great though.

i like sandbox games, so im a sucker for them. Ill Scoop this one up and Mario Kart 8 and im done for a long while. I went to the Guru school of games, get them after then been out for a while. them 59 bucks adds up. lol

007 05-01-2014 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10597786)
i like sandbox games, so im a sucker for them. Ill Scoop this one up and Mario Kart 8 and im done for a long while. I went to the Guru school of games, get them after then been out for a while. them 59 bucks adds up. lol

Every now and then I still purchase full price. Usually for my kids birthdays or if it is a game I just HAVE to play. Uncharted :evil:

3rd party games seem to drop in price so fast anymore that it doesn't seem worth paying full price for them if you can wait a few months. Batman will drop by January and whenever Tomb Raider 2 comes out it will drop fast too.

kcxiv 05-02-2014 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10597808)
Every now and then I still purchase full price. Usually for my kids birthdays or if it is a game I just HAVE to play. Uncharted :evil:

3rd party games seem to drop in price so fast anymore that it doesn't seem worth paying full price for them if you can wait a few months. Batman will drop by January and whenever Tomb Raider 2 comes out it will drop fast too.

yep, thats what i been doing. last 2 games i have paid for full price were GTAV and Donkey Kong Country for the WIIU. Ill get 2 more this month, but after that. nothing really excites me.

WE will see what E3 brings this year.

Gonzo 05-02-2014 12:48 PM

Iv'e had this sonbitch pre-ordered for like, a year. I can't wait for it to come out.

millz 05-02-2014 01:34 PM

meh, it's just so annoying watching those developers play this & explain the game.

bowener 05-02-2014 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10597447)
anyone buying this game later this month? comes out on the 27th? I dont know if i buy on xbox or the PC. Im thinking maybe PC.

PC, brah. Imagine the mods people will create for this!

hometeam 05-02-2014 02:23 PM

Ill be getting it on PC

kcxiv 05-02-2014 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 10599192)
PC, brah. Imagine the mods people will create for this!

i have never messed with mods in a game before! Ill more then likely get it on PC. I know there will be co op so that could be fun.

BigBeauford 05-02-2014 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10599315)
i have never messed with mods in a game before! Ill more then likely get it on PC. I know there will be co op so that could be fun.

I might also pick it up for PC. If I ever get tired of DayZ that is.

kcxiv 05-02-2014 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 10599345)
I might also pick it up for PC. If I ever get tired of DayZ that is.

DayZ has a long ways to go. It could be way way more fun then it is right now. I know its an indy game, but the potential to be huge is there. I been playing Planetside 2 right now and dinking around in everquest (nostalgia) lol

Gonzo 06-05-2014 05:22 PM

Just picked up WD and so far so good. It's a little confusing at first but the graphics are dynamite.

hometeam 06-05-2014 05:53 PM

so i heard turning off the ubisoft client overlay increase FPS like a beast.

will report back~

007 06-06-2014 01:16 AM

Everyone has seemed kind of quiet on this title. I mean, nobody seems to be just going apeshit over how great it is. Those of you that know me, would I like it or not?

millz 06-06-2014 01:56 AM

It's actually pretty good, the hacking shit just goes right over my head though. Almost need to start a new game just to take it all in.

I love the graphics and map.

kcxiv 06-06-2014 01:57 AM

i see alot of people liking the game. It sold a shitload and continues to sell a shitload! its on sale on amazon already 10 bucks off. Amazon also has Mario Kart 8. you know amazon with their deals

jjjayb 06-06-2014 06:18 AM

Fantastic game.

hometeam 06-06-2014 08:03 AM

Good game. GTA did it better.

It has its moments though. I bought it cheap and am glad, wouldn't want to pay 60 for it.

It breaks sometimes and crashes, has bad performance etc - Re-occurring theme with ubisoft titles.

Gonzo 06-06-2014 09:45 AM

Yeah, it seems to have a few little hiccups but for the most part, it's a pretty solid game.
It does get a little complicated at times.
Driving is a little difficult too. The cars go out of control easily.

Superturtle 06-06-2014 03:49 PM

Its a very good game, but it was pretty over hyped. That and the driving controls suck.

hometeam 06-07-2014 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 10674940)
Its a very good game, but it was pretty over hyped. That and the driving controls suck.

Agreed, its more akin to ridge racer than something like Forza. Very arcade-ish, skittish driving, and WTF NO EBRAKE?

The game overall is still good, its a great concept, they just left a lot of things out, like a dynamic driving/physics system, and they skimped on a tons of details.

Mav 06-07-2014 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10676216)
Agreed, its more akin to ridge racer than something like Forza. Very arcade-ish, skittish driving, and WTF NO EBRAKE?

The game overall is still good, its a great concept, they just left a lot of things out, like a dynamic driving/physics system, and they skimped on a tons of details.

Seems like a thing now days with games that start to be a re curring thing.

They will grow it im sure.

Gonzo 06-07-2014 08:09 PM

I've played for a few days now and I must admit... I'm disappointed.
It fails to deliver on the hype it created almost 1.5 years ago. I remember showing the original gameplay vids from YouTube to friends of mine and we were all wow'd. GTAV is twice the game this thing could ever hope to be.
Another strikeout from Ubisoft. See A-Creed Black Flag for details.

kcxiv 06-07-2014 08:35 PM

Hell, i hear AC BF is one of the best outside of AC2.

In the end, another will get made, it sold a SHIT Load.

C3HIEF3S 06-07-2014 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 10677285)
I've played for a few days now and I must admit... I'm disappointed.
It fails to deliver on the hype it created almost 1.5 years ago. I remember showing the original gameplay vids from YouTube to friends of mine and we were all wow'd. GTAV is twice the game this thing could ever hope to be.
Another strikeout from Ubisoft. See A-Creed Black Flag for details.

Totally agree for the most part.

I only say for the most part because I am nowhere near finishing the game. I am only in Act II, but you're absolutely right, for all of the hype, this game didn't deliver. I think it is a decent game, but for what the expectations were, I am very disappointed.

I don't like comparing it to GTA, but it feels kind of like a crappy ripoff of it.

It gives me the vibe between Saints Row and a GTA ripoff.

Mav 06-08-2014 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C3HIEF3S (Post 10677342)
Totally agree for the most part.

I only say for the most part because I am nowhere near finishing the game. I am only in Act II, but you're absolutely right, for all of the hype, this game didn't deliver. I think it is a decent game, but for what the expectations were, I am very disappointed.

I don't like comparing it to GTA, but it feels kind of like a crappy ripoff of it.

It gives me the vibe between Saints Row and a GTA ripoff.

Unfortunately, that has been the vibe I have gotten from all the games I have played save Ryse. Ryse seems to be the only one that has really grasped anything of the advanced technology that this system should be.

Of my group of 6 that all stayed xbox one, instead of going to the playstation, only two have not had to be replaced. I am on my THIRD ONE.

I am expecting destiny, kingdom hearts, (mostly cause I haven't seen it since playstation 2), Halo 5, all to truly grasp the heart of the power that this system can do.

Personally, I wish I had never bought the damn thing. I think it is shit. Or at the very least, I wish I had waited till about year 3.

007 06-08-2014 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10677591)
Unfortunately, that has been the vibe I have gotten from all the games I have played save Ryse. Ryse seems to be the only one that has really grasped anything of the advanced technology that this system should be.

Of my group of 6 that all stayed xbox one, instead of going to the playstation, only two have not had to be replaced. I am on my THIRD ONE.

I am expecting destiny, kingdom hearts, (mostly cause I haven't seen it since playstation 2), Halo 5, all to truly grasp the heart of the power that this system can do.

Personally, I wish I had never bought the damn thing. I think it is ****. Or at the very least, I wish I had waited till about year 3.

I haven't been paying much attention to this system. I wasn't aware they were having hardware issues. is it widespread like the 360 or just a small number of people?

Gonzo 06-08-2014 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C3HIEF3S (Post 10677342)
Totally agree for the most part.

I only say for the most part because I am nowhere near finishing the game. I am only in Act II, but you're absolutely right, for all of the hype, this game didn't deliver. I think it is a decent game, but for what the expectations were, I am very disappointed.

I don't like comparing it to GTA, but it feels kind of like a crappy ripoff of it.

It gives me the vibe between Saints Row and a GTA ripoff.

Perhaps I was a bit harsh because the game does have it's good points. The graphics are especially nice and the amount of detail they put into it is impressive. However, it's just not what I was expecting. It's repetitive as hell.
Not addicting at all. The storyline has been a little disappointing too.
I'll go ahead and play the whole game but I'll likely be trading it in here in a few weeks.
I guess I was spoiled a bit with GTA.

Ragged Robin 06-08-2014 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 10677825)
However, it's just not what I was expecting. It's repetitive as hell.
Not addicting at all. The storyline has been a little disappointing too.
I'll go ahead and play the whole game but I'll likely be trading it in here in a few weeks.

This. Except I didn't care enough to play through the whole game.

007 06-08-2014 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 10677825)
Perhaps I was a bit harsh because the game does have it's good points. The graphics are especially nice and the amount of detail they put into it is impressive. However, it's just not what I was expecting. It's repetitive as hell.
Not addicting at all. The storyline has been a little disappointing too.
I'll go ahead and play the whole game but I'll likely be trading it in here in a few weeks.
I guess I was spoiled a bit with GTA.

This is how I felt about Killzone Shadowfall. Never did finish it.

millz 06-08-2014 05:34 PM

This game is good but extremely over hyped and DOES NOT FEEL LIKE A LIVING BREATHING CITY.

It's seriously repetitive and it's another dud by ubi-soft. the same problems I had with AC BLACK FLAG, I'm experiencing with this. AI and people on the street are stupid as **** and have no real meaning like I thought they would. I don't even mind the driving in this, it can be pretty fun but I swear you can't even upgrade/customize your car. Also, can you even shoot while driving? just seems like you can't.

Graphics seem identical to AC BF and to be honest, the graphics are good but I'm not blown away like I should be. The hacking stuff in this is very repetitive, tedious, annoying and stupid. Once I beat a couple missions and realized, you just have to hack the camera, then wait for a guard or 2 to walk by a side electric panel and make it explode..I realized this game wasn't what the developers hyped it up to be and I knew they were shit talking.

Another point - they really tried to make this like the Batman Arkham series with the hacking, camera view and whatnot. It just fails in comparison to that, I like it better then AC but it's not saying much. I've owned every game for PS4 so far and the only games that blew me away were Tomb Raider(sad because it was released on ps3,360) and the outlast series.

I've honestly just been ****ing around, driving throughout the city and exploring. There's only so many times I can hack traffic lights and watch cars crash..it's very stupid that you can't go into majority of the buildings in the game..it's like GTA5 and just there for show.

Watchdogs and Infamous have disappointed me. Not very far in either of them but they've just been kinda ''meh''.

Superturtle 06-08-2014 09:29 PM

Once you get into acts 3 and up the combat gets a little better. Actually challenging at some parts.

Superturtle 06-08-2014 09:30 PM

One thing that does irk me is money is pretty much useless aside from guns. Good cars are unlocked as progression rewards.

Setsuna 06-08-2014 10:46 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wOISheIuU4k?list=UUsgv2QHkT2ljEixyulzOnUQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gonzo 07-23-2014 01:38 PM

Ok, I gave up on this game for a while but decided to give it one more chance before trading it in on something else.
I'm kinda glad I did...

Now then, as we mentioned before; the game doesn't live up to the hype whatsoever. I remember showing friends the trailers and gameplay vids over two years ago and I was really excited. I thought this game was going to change everything.
I was wrong. It's got a lot of the same old shit that we've all played before.
However, I don't think it's nearly as bad as I first thought. It has a lot of cool concepts, the car chases are entertaining once you open up your abilities/skills all the way.
The open world is really pretty nice. Graphics aren't what we all expected but they're decent.
I give overall gameplay about a 7 out of 10.
The storyline is ****ing terrible. Such sequel bait. 6 out of 10
The main character, Aiden is annoying and very low on my list of mains I want to root for.
Where the. GTA 5 guys are all 9 out of 10 on my scale, this douche is a 4.

(The punk rock hacker chick is hot though)


At first I was going to give the game a 5 out of 10 for a total score but after calming down and giving it another chance I'll bump that up to a solid 7.
It's fun to play if you have nothing else going on.

jjjayb 07-26-2014 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 10762459)
The open world is really pretty nice. Graphics aren't what we all expected but they're decent.

If you are playing on a PC, give the pure mod a try. Really increases the visuals much closer to e3 footage levels.

Schnitzel 07-26-2014 02:11 PM

A lot of these games don't live up to their hype. Another example was LA Noire, that was kind of disappointing as well IMO.

Gonzo 07-26-2014 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schnitzel (Post 10768546)
A lot of these games don't live up to their hype. Another example was LA Noire, that was kind of disappointing as well IMO.

I agree. That game really disappointed me. I loved the idea, deplored the execution.

kcxiv 07-26-2014 09:17 PM

sometimes when companies try soething a little new, they fall short. Hopefully they learned on what works and what didnt and the next one they make better. There will be a Watchdogs 2. they made a shitload of money.

Gonzo 07-26-2014 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10769515)
sometimes when companies try soething a little new, they fall short. Hopefully they learned on what works and what didnt and the next one they make better. There will be a Watchdogs 2. they made a shitload of money.

The second one won't pull the early numbers nearly as much but if they improve the product, it'll be ok.

kcxiv 07-26-2014 09:26 PM

It can pull the same numbers if more, if they make a good game, you make a good game and get reviewers to hype the game. People will buy it. People want good games. With UBI pushing it. NO problem as long as the game is good.

C3HIEF3S 07-26-2014 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schnitzel (Post 10768546)
A lot of these games don't live up to their hype. Another example was LA Noire, that was kind of disappointing as well IMO.

Loved LA Noire. Didn't have much replay value after completion, but I loved the story.

Schnitzel 07-27-2014 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C3HIEF3S (Post 10769530)
Loved LA Noire. Didn't have much replay value after completion, but I loved the story.

Yeah, the story was good, but like Gonzo said, I didn't really like the execution and the gameplay...

ragedogg69 07-27-2014 07:18 AM

The gameplay gets repetitive on LA Noire, but I found the interrogation much better after reading this:

The interrogation options in the game are mislabelled. In the game a witness or suspects makes a statement and then you are given the options "Truth, Doubt or Lie" and the game tells you to pick one based on how trustworthy you think they are. This is wrong. The game was developed and the dialogue recorded with these options called "Coax, Force or Lie" with coax meaning you try to gently pry for information and force meaning you get shouty with them. This is why you see so many people online confused about why the detective in the game suddenly goes ballistic. Knowing this makes the dialogue system make a lot more sense.

Simply Red 12-03-2015 07:19 PM

I'm new to gaming - sort of - but I am really digging this one!

Simply Red 12-03-2015 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 10679249)
One thing that does irk me is money is pretty much useless aside from guns. Good cars are unlocked as progression rewards.

huh? I jacked a m3 my first night of playing - it took me an hour or two. but not anything that's that FAR along in the game.

Simply Red 12-04-2015 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10676216)
Agreed, its more akin to ridge racer than something like Forza. Very arcade-ish, skittish driving, and WTF NO EBRAKE?

The game overall is still good, its a great concept, they just left a lot of things out, like a dynamic driving/physics system, and they skimped on a tons of details.

well considering Forza 6 is a driving game - I would hope they have the driving controls more accurate and realistic.

Simply Red 12-04-2015 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 11925320)
huh? I jacked a m3 my first night of playing - it took me an hour or two. but not anything that's that FAR along in the game.

i now see what you meant about 'acquiring' -- I've acquired one and have no idea where to drive it - it's like a POS Ford Focus (blue) -- NTTAWT

Simply Red 12-04-2015 10:08 PM

YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN GREAT!!! HEY LOOK - THANKS AGAIN!!!!! I'M SORRY WE ALL CAN'T BUY BRAND NEW $60 GAMES LIKE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Quesadilla Joe 12-04-2015 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 11927864)
YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN GREAT!!! HEY LOOK - THANKS AGAIN!!!!! I'M SORRY WE ALL CAN'T BUY BRAND NEW $60 GAMES LIKE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO

Sorry man this game wasn't very well received and I haven't even played it yet. Glad you like it though.

Simply Red 12-05-2015 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 11927887)
LMAO

Sorry man this game wasn't very well received and I haven't even played it yet. Glad you like it though.

i'm a gaming n00b - so it's been a hell of a ride, but I'm to a point I can't get past.

Superturtle 12-05-2015 09:55 AM

This game would've been so much better with T Bone as the lead.

Simply Red 12-06-2015 08:41 AM

I've pretty much given up on it - since i can't get past this side quest of acquiring a car and dropping it to the drop off spot. I see the objective on the map, and make it there - but it keeps telling me I've run out of time, even when i clearly reach the objective. So yeah, I have no idea. Looked everywhere online for this side quest and can't find it.

Gonzo 12-07-2015 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 11930014)
I've pretty much given up on it - since i can't get past this side quest of acquiring a car and dropping it to the drop off spot. I see the objective on the map, and make it there - but it keeps telling me I've run out of time, even when i clearly reach the objective. So yeah, I have no idea. Looked everywhere online for this side quest and can't find it.

That is just odd. Are you playing on PC?

Simply Red 12-09-2015 04:27 PM

Xbox/1

Lzen 07-11-2018 02:15 PM

I got this game around a year ago when I first got my Xbox1. It was on the Xbox Live free games of the month. I like it. At first, I played it a bit and then off and on for several months. Here lately, I had really gotten into it and then finished it last night. At least I think I finished it. The credits rolled but then it still has something after that. Oh well. I had never heard of this game back when it was being hyped for release. So I didn't have that disappointment that others have had. I would give it a solid 8. I watched that Angry Joe review and I'd say he's pretty spot on. He brought up some things that I hadn't considered. But he also gave it a decent review. I might go back and play through this again.

Dayze 07-11-2018 02:31 PM

I bought it when it came out, was really interested in it. I gave it a good shot, but never really got 'into'. From memory, it felt very repetitive, which is what caused me to abandon it.

maybe I shoudl give it another shot.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.