ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football The Blind Side is a bad movie. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272784)

Mother****erJones 05-04-2013 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9658270)

SHAAAAAAWING!!

houstonwhodat 05-05-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9658188)
Why are you watching The Blind Side on ABC Family right now when The Expendables is on Spike?!

Jazz Fest w Black Keys is on Axis

Rain Man 05-05-2013 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 9658259)
I know its Hollywood and all, but the biggest stretch in the movie is that the family, after 'rescuing' him, taught him to play football.

Dude was First Team All-State and ranked as a national top-5 offensive lineman prospect. This was BEFORE the family met him.

Hmm. I did not know that.

My favorite part of the movie was when Sandra Bullock got naked and wrestled with the NCAA investigator lady to save Oher's eligibility.

Oh. Was that actually in the movie or was that something I added in my mind later? I don't remember. It was so vivid.

chiefzilla1501 05-05-2013 11:20 PM

Good story, shitty movie. I think I've heard people say the book is actually pretty good.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 05-05-2013 11:27 PM

Terrible ****ing movie. Also, Springfield sounds awful

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-05-2013 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9658190)
Also, I'm just going to come out and say it: the movie has no plot.

A really big dude is adopted out of poverty and, surprise, is really good at playing football.

Some colleges recruit him, he picks one of them, has to dodge some administrative hurdles and he's there.

Roll credits.

LMAO I heard Oher hated the movie. Said they made him look so challenged he couldn't believe the main character was supposed to be him.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-05-2013 11:31 PM

Sandra Bullocks does nothing for me. Her acting is garbage, her movies are garbage, and she is not hot.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rain Man 05-05-2013 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides (Post 9660925)
Terrible ****ing movie. Also, Springfield sounds awful

You may be thinking of The Simpsons movie.

GoChargers 05-06-2013 12:27 AM

Decent but unspectacular sob story. Definitely overrated back when it came out though.

TimeForWasp 05-06-2013 02:17 AM

I didn't know who Micheal Whore was till this movie came out.

penchief 05-06-2013 05:52 AM

Sandra Bullock wasn't even that great. I lke her more in comedies. Still trying to figure how the hell she won an academy award for that role. Muat have been a horrible year for lead actresses.

Saul Good 05-06-2013 06:16 AM

Watched some of it last night...terrible movie.

Mr. Flopnuts 05-06-2013 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9658229)
The daughter, I can't remember her name, spoke in Springfield. She said that the movie was pretty much spot on except for a few liberties. The actress who portrayed her got several bruises from playing volleyball. She asked the daughter if she got that many bruises. The daughter said she never played volleyball. The actress asked the director why she was having to play volleyball when the daughter didn't play. The director asked if she'd rather learn how to pole vault. Apparently, the daughter was like the #2 pole vaulter in the state. The actress said she'd stick with volleyball.

Also she said that Michael slept on an air mattress at first, and not the couch. It was back in the day when air mattresses weren't really made to hold that much weight, so he'd wake up to a nearly flat mattress every morning.

She said that Sandra Bullock played her mother perfectly.

Well, she lied if she said that Oher being a big, dumb, ox was accurate. He didn't struggle like that in school. He's a lot smarter than the movie made him out to be.

Mr. Flopnuts 05-06-2013 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9658232)
She also said that her mom went up to Flacco at a game one time and told him he was holding onto the ball too long. Flacco said something to Oher. He went to the mom and told her not to say stuff like that. The next time Flacco walked by her, she looked at him and said, "Tattle tell."

Now that's pretty funny.

MahiMike 05-06-2013 06:47 AM

Bullock is a bitch.