ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Tell me about these RBs. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306444)

Direckshun 03-07-2017 09:17 AM

Tell me about these RBs.

Here are the (not well known) RBs I really liked at the Combine. Tell me what you know about them and if you like them:

Donnel Pumphrey, San Diego State
Joe Williams, Utah
Stanley Williams, Kentucky

ModSocks 03-07-2017 06:26 PM

Donnel Pumphrey had a whole lot of buzz before the start of the season.

San Diego was talking about Heisman...that kind of buzz. IIRC, he broke some of Faulks SDSU records too.

IIRC, he didn't finish the season strong.

Personally, i feel that his frame is too slight to be more than a gadget player at the NFL level. He's not very strong. Take the pads off and he looks like a regular college kid.

I think he's Dexter McCluster in the NFL. He's going to have a tough time breaking tackles and getting the edge in the NFL.

I think Dexter McCluster is absolutely the best NFL comparison.

Direckshun 03-08-2017 12:13 AM

He's got size on Dex, doesn't he?

Chiefshrink 03-08-2017 01:33 AM

[QUOTE=Direckshun;12772082]Here are the (not well known) RBs I really liked at the Combine. Tell me what you know about them and if you like them:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 12772082)
Donel Pumphrey, San Diego State

Strictly a return guy that could play the slot periodically.

Quote:

Joe Williams, Utah

Excellent vision that sees the seam before it actually opens up. Amazing explosive acceleration able to hit 5th gear on demand. Excellent one cut and shoot up the field with great vertical direction at all times. Hits the corner and turns up very quickly but has a tendency to be a bit too impatient not letting his blockers totally set up for him. Very good between the tackles with above average power. Analysis here all based on this highlight youtube clip.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VnkQQhISL1Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Quote:

Stanley Williams, Kentucky

Excellent vision as well with great balance after getting initially hit maintaining live legs. Above average speed and decent acceleration but not explosive, he needs his blockers much longer down the field for a big run. Does an excellent job being patient waiting on his blockers in order to pick the correct seam/hole. Good power for a smaller back especially between the tackles. Does not go down easy. Analysis all based on this youtube clip here.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2PxUqKffFtw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wilson8 03-08-2017 07:20 AM

Joe Williams Utah - Had some huge game this year with 29 attempts, 332 yards, 4 TD against UCLA, 15 attempts, 181 yards, 2 TDs against Arizona State, 35 attempts, 172 yards, 1 TD against Washington, 23 attempts, 149 yards, 1 TD against Oregon, and 26 attempts, 222 yards, 1 TD against Indiana in their bowl game.

I watched a few of Utah's games and like his speed and quickness. Despite the stats, there were times in games where he was really the second back behind freshman Zack Moss. The previous year he was behind Devontae Booker.

He looked good in the week of practice and then the East West Shrine Game. He had 48 yards including 1 run of 35 yards.

The biggest knocks on him might be his fumbles and retirement. He started off the season fumbling in his first two games against Southern Utah and BYU. He got discouraged and decided to retire and sat out for 4 games. He came back with a vengeance. He finished with fumbling 3 times in his last two games with 2 at Colorado and 1 VS Indiana.

At the combine he ran a 4.41 40, 14 BP, 35 vertical, 4.19 in short shuttle so has excellent speed, quickness, and explosion.

He might be drafted in the 5th - 6th round.

Chiefshrink 03-08-2017 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilson8 (Post 12773539)
Joe Williams Utah - Had some huge game this year with 29 attempts, 332 yards, 4 TD against UCLA, 15 attempts, 181 yards, 2 TDs against Arizona State, 35 attempts, 172 yards, 1 TD against Washington, 23 attempts, 149 yards, 1 TD against Oregon, and 26 attempts, 222 yards, 1 TD against Indiana in their bowl game.

I watched a few of Utah's games and like his speed and quickness. Despite the stats, there were times in games where he was really the second back behind freshman Zack Moss. The previous year he was behind Devontae Booker.

He looked good in the week of practice and then the East West Shrine Game. He had 48 yards including 1 run of 35 yards.

The biggest knocks on him might be his fumbles and retirement. He started off the season fumbling in his first two games against Southern Utah and BYU. He got discouraged and decided to retire and sat out for 4 games. He came back with a vengeance. He finished with fumbling 3 times in his last two games with 2 at Colorado and 1 VS Indiana.

At the combine he ran a 4.41 40, 14 BP, 35 vertical, 4.19 in short shuttle so has excellent speed, quickness, and explosion.

He might be drafted in the 5th - 6th round.

Retirement mean he decided to retire(quit) or did he get benched due to fumbles?

Titty Meat 03-08-2017 08:48 AM

Stanley Williams Tookies son led Kentucky in rushing every year he played. Originally a Georgia commit.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 03-12-2017 07:54 PM

Joe Williams is the steal of this draft at RB if he can get his head straight. This fits as I'll also talk up this Utah kid in honor of Sacc.

Combine showed he has the physical skills: 4.4 speed in the 40 yard dash and excelled in the 20 yard shuttle

Averaged 6.7 ypc with 10 touchdowns in his last season at Utah (compare that with Devontae Booker who was their starter in 2015 and averaged 5ypc at Utah before being drafted by Denver). 1400 yards on the ground despite 4 missing games is insane. http://www.espn.com/college-football...6/joe-williams These are Pac 12 teams that he made his b****.

Terrible downsides in what appears to be a lack of commitment to the game, immaturity (UConn ordeal was bad), and fumbling issues.

Definitely feel he is worth using one of our two 3rd round picks (previously round 4/5 guy who had his stock increase after the combine). He's got the speed and the size to be an NFL player. Andy just needs to fix whatever the hell is going on in this kid's head.

Rain Man 03-12-2017 08:44 PM

I don't understand Pumphrey. He weighs under 170 and he's not fast. That's a recipe for Dexter McCluster.

Direckshun 03-12-2017 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12780627)
I don't understand Pumphrey. He weighs under 170 and he's not fast. That's a recipe for Dexter McCluster.

So... a recipe for being a high 2nd rounder with a multi-million dollar second contract?

God I hate this team sometimes.

Bowser 03-12-2017 11:08 PM

Has Christian McCaffrey just completely fallen out of favor? There was a time that it looked like he would be the type of running back Andy dreams about having in this offense....

Rain Man 03-13-2017 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 12780671)
So... a recipe for being a high 2nd rounder with a multi-million dollar second contract?

God I hate this team sometimes.

Apparently it's a winning formula.

I need to test my 40 time at some point. I'm bigger than some of these guys and my straight line speed probably isn't more than a couple of seconds slower. The only thing they've got on me is experience and the ability to make cuts.

Kelce's Wingman 03-19-2017 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 12773544)
Retirement mean he decided to retire(quit) or did he get benched due to fumbles?

He retired all together. Cited some lower body injuries(nothing severe) and felt like his heart wasn't in it. Came back on his own just a few weeks later after injuries destroyed the Ute backfield.

He's a different caliber player than the other two, but he's got real questions

MahiMike 03-19-2017 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12780753)
Has Christian McCaffrey just completely fallen out of favor? There was a time that it looked like he would be the type of running back Andy dreams about having in this offense....

He's my pick if we don't go Mahomes.

Bowser 03-19-2017 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 12789812)
He's my pick if we don't go Mahomes.

I wouldn't be upset if we took him, but if we go RB I hope it's Dalvin Cook if he's still there.