ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Red Light Camera Violation (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269220)

Huffmeister 01-23-2013 12:25 PM

Red Light Camera Violation

Has anyone here ever tried to contest a red light camera violation? Any luck?

Just got one in the mail yesterday, and I remember when it happened. I was rolling up in the right-hand turn lane and the light was green. There was a wet patch (possibly slick) just past the line, so I slowed down and continued with the turn. But when I looked up the light had changed to red and I saw the flash. I didn't even see the yellow light because I had my eye on the possibly icy patch. It seems like they shorten the length of yellow lights at those intersections so that they can nab more people.

Anyway, it's not that big of a deal. I was just wondering if there's a chance of it getting thrown out if I show up to court and explain the circumstances.

MagicHef 01-23-2013 12:32 PM

You were turning right? You wont get a ticket. It can't tell if you stopped or not, it only took the picture because you were in the intersection.

Dr. Gigglepants 01-23-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9344398)
You were turning right? You wont get a ticket. It can't tell if you stopped or not, it only took the picture because you were in the intersection.

Not true. There is a website on the ticket with video. At least there was with my ticket. It showed me turning right without coming to a complete stop.
Posted via Mobile Device

MagicHef 01-23-2013 12:35 PM

Oh, never mind, you already got a ticket. Just say you stopped and turned right. They only have a picture of you in the intersection, they don't know if you stopped or not.

I think.

MagicHef 01-23-2013 12:36 PM

Oh, they have video now? Pay the ticket.

BigMeatballDave 01-23-2013 12:37 PM

These are only fines.

It's not an actual moving violation that goes on your record.

That is how they are in Ohio. My sister got one in the Dayton area 2 years ago.

She failed to pay it and got a notice from a collection agency. No record of this with the courts.

Imon Yourside 01-23-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9344414)
These are only fines.

It's not an actual moving violation that goes on your record.

That is how they are in Ohio. My sister got one in the Dayton area 2 years ago.

She failed to pay it and got a notice from a collection agency. No record of this with the courts.

Seriously? wtf is this shit?

Dr. Gigglepants 01-23-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9344411)
Oh, they have video now? Pay the ticket.

ol, when I got the ticket you could tell by the picture I was turning right. I got all uppity and said I was going to fight it all the way to the MAYOR's office! Kidding about that but I was going to fight it until I went and checked what was on the website, it was a video showing me roll through the red light, illegal by the letter of the law, but pretty scammy nonetheless. $100 ****ing dollars for not coming to a complete stop before turning right.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigMeatballDave 01-23-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9344418)
Seriously? wtf is this shit?

It's a way for cities to generate revenue.

They can't issue an actual citation if they can't prove who was driving the car.

The cameras where my sister was caught are set to photograph the plates.

Fire Me Boy! 01-23-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gigglepants (Post 9344421)
ol, when I got the ticket you could tell by the picture I was turning right. I got all uppity and said I was going to fight it all the way to the MAYOR's office! Kidding about that but I was going to fight it until I went and checked what was on the website, it was a video showing me roll through the red light, illegal by the letter of the law, but pretty scammy nonetheless. $100 ****ing dollars for not coming to a complete stop before turning right.
Posted via Mobile Device

It's a stop sign, not a slow down sign. And it's a law, not a suggestion.

Dr. Gigglepants 01-23-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9344430)

Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

FlaChief58 01-23-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gigglepants (Post 9344421)
Posted via Mobile Device

As much as I hate to say it but, I think the camras are a good thing. Intersection accidents were getting out of control down here because so many dumbasses thought that yellow meant "floor that bitch".

Huffmeister 01-23-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9344430)

Actually, its a stop light, not a stop sign. Stop signs don' give you a half second warning before they appear.

Deberg_1990 01-23-2013 12:52 PM

California stop. Pay up

Clyde Frog 01-23-2013 12:55 PM

Pay it before it doubles