ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Mahomes And Other Starters To Sit Out (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=351658)

penguinz 01-04-2024 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 17318604)
How do you not see the difference? In this game if Kelce plays the entire goal is always to get him the ball no matter what. Guys can tee off on him. In a game yeah hes a focal point but its not forced and as obvious.

You need to go watch Season 5 Episode 22 of Seinfeld and start doing what George did in this episode.

raybec 4 01-04-2024 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 17318612)
You need to go watch Season 5 Episode 22 of Seinfeld and start doing what George did in this episode.

Opposite day

BigRedChief 01-04-2024 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary Cooper (Post 17318162)
Except for Swifties. They think he's pretty mediocre from what they've seen in 2023 (when they began watching football).

How do they know what’s good and what’s bad in football?

chiefforlife 01-04-2024 07:52 PM

I think they will make sure Kelce gets his 1K.

Or to clarify, Andy will likely give him one drive maybe two to get it.

Its 16 yards, that it. He could get it on one catch.

Bowser 01-04-2024 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefforlife (Post 17319005)

Line him up in the backfield and send him on a wheel route. That's it, that's his chance.

BigRedChief 01-04-2024 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 17319012)
Line him up in the backfield and send him on a wheel route. That's it, that's his chance.

I’ve thought about that..if you can’t keep Kelce from being smashed at the line scrimmage, then double teamed, why not try that route?

GloryDayz 01-04-2024 08:44 PM

Quote:

I'm down with that, but if he drops a pass that's catchable, yank him.

BWillie 01-04-2024 10:37 PM

Quote:

Just take a 20 yard sack on 2nd and whatever. Then throw to him way behind the sticks. He gets it. Then punt. If you are going to do something monumentally stupid like playing him...this is how you should do it to get his 1k.

FloridaMan88 01-05-2024 07:18 PM

Andy making a mockery of the injury report. LMAO

Mahomes officially listed as “doubtful”.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Isiah Pacheco, Nick Bolton, Trent McDuffie, George Karlaftis, and Mike Danna are questionable for Sunday&#39;s game.<br><br>Patrick Mahomes is doubtful. <br><br>Rashee Rice, L&#39;Jarius Sneed, Kadarius Toney, and Donovan Smith are out.</p>&mdash; Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs/status/1743378434540146699?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 5, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Bowser 01-05-2024 07:26 PM

Very Belichick-ian of Andy, lol.

Delano 01-05-2024 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 17319030)
I'm down with that, but if he drops a pass that's catchable, yank him.

Do you think these are ****ing children or what? Jesus, some of the shit that’s posted is so absurdly stupid.

scho63 01-05-2024 10:08 PM

Won't be watching this game.

wazu 01-05-2024 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 17320240)
Won't be watching this game.

https://i.makeagif.com/media/11-24-2016/MwlpKw.gif

stevegroganfan 01-05-2024 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 17318378)
But he isn't just going into the HOF. His legacy is to be the GOAT TE. And this puts him in the same boat as elite WRS like Marvin Harrison. If he can pull it off next season now we're talking Jerry rice.

A SB MVP or even another SB win with Kelce having some important catches would help him more than another 1000 yard season in what is now a 17 game season. I can still see Kelce wanting that 1000 yard season even if it just helps his standing on the margin. He has already punched his ticket to the HOF.

Truth of the matter is unless Kelce has around 3 more great years including a SB MVP, there is not going to be a clear consensus for GOAT TE.

Gronk 3-4 SB rings. He missed the SB won year NE won it but still played many regular season games that year. 20 TD's one year in his first 17 games. Doesn't have the career pass catching stats but a better blocker than pretty much every TE who has more yards/catches them him.

Chiefs fans know about Tony Gonzalez and should know about Shannon Sharpe and Antonio Gates as well.

I think it is fair to say if Tony Gonzalez played on this version of the Chiefs or Brady's Patriots or some other great team, he would have had much more post season success, but his regular season longevity may take a hit since the deeper you go in the post season, it often becomes harder hitting.

chiefzilla1501 01-06-2024 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevegroganfan (Post 17320245)
A SB MVP or even another SB win with Kelce having some important catches would help him more than another 1000 yard season in what is now a 17 game season. I can still see Kelce wanting that 1000 yard season even if it just helps his standing on the margin. He has already punched his ticket to the HOF.

Truth of the matter is unless Kelce has around 3 more great years including a SB MVP, there is not going to be a clear consensus for GOAT TE.

Gronk 3-4 SB rings. He missed the SB won year NE won it but still played many regular season games that year. 20 TD's one year in his first 17 games. Doesn't have the career pass catching stats but a better blocker than pretty much every TE who has more yards/catches them him.

Chiefs fans know about Tony Gonzalez and should know about Shannon Sharpe and Antonio Gates as well.

I think it is fair to say if Tony Gonzalez played on this version of the Chiefs or Brady's Patriots or some other great team, he would have had much more post season success, but his regular season longevity may take a hit since the deeper you go in the post season, it often becomes harder hitting.

There is no way gonzo, gates or sharp are in the conversation at this point. Great players but they are in second tier at this point.

The 1000 yard streak definitely matters. Still a shot to get it next year and that puts him up in Jerry rice territory (and shockingly … Mike evans). When you’ve got a TE in a highly exclusive group of WR career accomplishments that is a very different level of achievement.