ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink 50 Beers to Try Before You Die (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=227168)

Saulbadguy 06-03-2010 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 6796001)
Baruch atah Hashem Eloheinu Melech Haolam,
shehakol nih'yeh bidvaro.

It is actually a quality product. :D

irishjayhawk 06-04-2010 09:16 AM

So do a lot of planeteers disregard the illegality of transporting liquor across state lines?

Reaper16 06-04-2010 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6798279)
So do a lot of planeteers disregard the illegality of transporting liquor across state lines?

Shit, just about everytime I go to Oklahome Joe's and stop by the liquor store that is basically next door and pick up a six-pack of Ska Modus Hoperandi and maybe a Smokestack Series beer since they don't sell quickly at that store.

I've thrice transported a car trunkfull of beer from Illinois to Iowa to Missouri. Combine that with my regular shipping of beer through FedEx w/o a license to do so and it is clear that I don't care about these laws.

DaKCMan AP 06-04-2010 09:20 AM

Quote:

How else can you get 40's in Florida?

irishjayhawk 06-04-2010 09:27 AM

Well then, I guess I should be more adventurous. :p

Saulbadguy 06-04-2010 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6798287)
Shit, just about everytime I go to Oklahome Joe's and stop by the liquor store that is basically next door and pick up a six-pack of Ska Modus Hoperandi and maybe a Smokestack Series beer since they don't sell quickly at that store.

I've thrice transported a car trunkfull of beer from Illinois to Iowa to Missouri. Combine that with my regular shipping of beer through FedEx w/o a license to do so and it is clear that I don't care about these laws.

:drool:

Shag 06-04-2010 09:50 AM

Quote:

It's simply transporting yeast samples, or collectible bottles. The liquid in the bottles is simply a suspension media for the yeast, or a cooling system for the bottles. ;)

I do it all the time, and don't really give it much thought...

irishjayhawk 06-05-2010 11:09 AM

Tried Goose Island's Sofie last night. Thought I was going to hate it after the first few sips (I can usually tell from that small sample alone) but boy was I wrong. It was delicious.

I guess I had to get the initial bite out of the way. After that, I liked the aftertaste.

That said, I preferred their Pere Jacques, though I think that is because I prefer Dubbel over Saison.

Reaper16 06-05-2010 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6800239)
Tried Goose Island's Sofie last night. Thought I was going to hate it after the first few sips (I can usually tell from that small sample alone) but boy was I wrong. It was delicious.

I guess I had to get the initial bite out of the way. After that, I liked the aftertaste.

That said, I preferred their Pere Jacques, though I think that is because I prefer Dubbel over Saison.

I really love Sofie. I must have bought 10+ bottles of the 2009 between trips to the liquor store or at Blanc Burgers + Bottles because it perfectly compliments their Au Poivre Burger. I'm stoked that it is in 4-packs of 12oz. bottles now.

RNR 06-05-2010 11:54 AM

I started drinking different beers a while back. I tried several. I went back to domestic. I like the taste of Bud Light :shrug:

Reaper16 06-05-2010 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider (Post 6800288)
I started drinking different beers a while back. I tried several. I went back to domestic. I like the taste of Bud Light :shrug:

I'm sorry that you didn't find any other beers to suit your tastes. FWIW, "domestic" means the opposite of import -- beer from within the country.

irishjayhawk 06-05-2010 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6800298)
I'm sorry that you didn't find any other beers to suit your tastes. FWIW, "domestic" means the opposite of import -- beer from within the country.

That's why I hate when bars say their specials are on domestic drafts - only to find out "domestic" means Bud, Miller and Coors products.

Reaper16 06-05-2010 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6800308)
That's why I hate when bars say their specials are on domestic drafts - only to find out "domestic" means Bud, Miller and Coors products.

Yeah. They appropriated the word domestic because the correct term, American Adjunct Lager, doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.

RNR 06-05-2010 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6800298)

Well you have been around me long enough to know I ain't that bright. I just think of Bud, Coors and the lot as "domestic" and you are right most the beers I tried were made in the US. I liked some of the fancy beers but never found any that made think wow that tastes so good I am going to start drinking that! I have several friends that are like you guys and drink all kinds of beers I have never heard of. I guess my taste buds are easy to please. When I drink beer an ice cold Bud Light tastes good to me~

Bowser 06-05-2010 01:44 PM

I thought you meant the 50 beers I have in my garage fridge.

HEY OHH!!