ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Poe. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260436)

Rasputin 05-06-2013 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9660084)
Anybody who thinks Powe should play the Nose and Poe should play End has no idea how the game has evolved.

And anybody who can't see the value in having a Nose Tackle like Poe that can play multiple techniques... same deal.

Dontari Poe was an absolutely terrific pick. One of the few that looks to be solid in the ***** era.

I think Poe can do better at DE than Tyson Jack. I think Powe should be at NT and give that push shoving the center back and penetrate wreaking havoc with DJ blitzing right behind him.

Poe is more versatile along the line yet Powe has more power to beast it up the middle.

It would not surprise me this preseason games to see Powe out play Poe at NT.

Titty Meat 05-06-2013 08:28 AM

Powe sucks ass.

chiefzilla1501 05-06-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9661062)
I think Poe can do better at DE than Tyson Jack. I think Powe should be at NT and give that push shoving the center back and penetrate wreaking havoc with DJ blitzing right behind him.

Poe is more versatile along the line yet Powe has more power to beast it up the middle.

It would not surprise me this preseason games to see Powe out play Poe at NT.

What makes a nt like Poe so valuable is when a team goes no huddle and let's say they force you to the nickel or they shift into a 5 receiver set, all of a sudden you can't run a traditional base 3-4. That's what guys like Casey Hampton are getting phased out while Wilfork and ngata are essentially becoming franchise players.

I did forget, however, that if we are moving to a Rex Ryan base defense, that it could also be done keeping both Poe and Powe on the field. Just as Baltimore often does with Cody and ngata. Big difference being that Powe would have to learn the 1 technique which is essentially a 4-3 nose tackle.

UberSparky 05-06-2013 11:07 AM

Can someone who has the time and know-how, post a rookie season comparison with Poe vs Ngata and all other elite NT types. I have looked it up myself. Think its an eye opener.
I

tooge 05-06-2013 11:24 AM

I did, and they are very similar

Poe: games 16, batted passes 4, sacks 0, tackles 28, asst 10

Ngata: games 16, batted passes 2, sacks 1, tackles 13, asst 8

Rausch 05-06-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9660711)
That's bullshit saying all Powe can play is the zero.

The guy has the ability to disrupt plays from anywhere in the interior.

This...

milkman 05-06-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9661241)
Powe sucks ass.

Serious question.

Have you ever been right?

Fat Elvis 05-06-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9661725)

Wilfork: games 16, passes defensed 3, sacks 2, tackles 27, asst 15

If you factor in Romeo's defensive philosophy and the jump in the type of competition that Poe faced in college vs the NFL compared to Ngata and Wilfork, it is easy to see why some folks on this board have high hopes that Poe can wind up being elite, especially if he is utilized in an attacking defense.

xztop123 05-06-2013 08:51 PM

Poe's arms are too short. all his pressure are going to be incredibly high effort leg drive push.... he's not going to get any of those instant hand battle victory pressures...

themanwithnoname 05-06-2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9660468)
Powe is not the protypical run stuffer that I assume you are implying him to be with "no idea how the game has evolved comment".

His problem, from what I could see, in Romeo's scheme, is that he couldn't control his desire to penetrate, and wasn't able to maintain his gap responsibility within the scheme.

Powe is more athletic than his size would indicate, and is a good fit in an attacking 34 because of that athletic ability, and his ability to penetrate.

Powe or Poe?

I guess I just don't get the hype for Powe. He's struggled to just get on the field. That's not a condemnation really (especially considering our incompetent coaching), as I'd love for him to be Dan Saleamua but I'm just not really understanding why people are talking like he's some hyped up 1st round pick that's already started for a couple of years and is primed to break out or something.

Mother****erJones 05-06-2013 09:00 PM

I'm intrigued by how the dline performs under some real coaching and a good scheme that fits its players. I can't wait to see how this D performs in an attacking system. I like Poe and think he can be really good. Well see how he develops in year 2. I think Powe can be a good rotational lineman that generates pressure inside. Would like to see him and Poe side by side to stop the run.

UberSparky 05-07-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9661725)

If I am not mistaken Ngata made the probowl with those numbers! That says a lot.

DJ's left nut 05-15-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9657531)
In order of preference:

1. Trade up for Tannehill
2. Take one of the pass rushers that were available to us (Ingram, Mercilus, or Coples)
3. Brockers (or Cox, though I question how he would fit in our 3-4. I did NOT see him falling to us at all in the mock draft process)

Or anybody else. I saw Dontari Poe's tape and that made me really sour. When a guard from Arkansas freakin State dominates you, that's when I start to question if you're worth the 11th overall.

The big guy's still got a long way to go, but it at least looks like the changes in coaching are making a huge impact.

I like the trade up for Tannehill first
Then Brockers
Then DeCastro.

I'd have been right on 1 and 2, but Poe looks like he's going to be a decent player and still has the potential to be far more than that. Taking DeCastro over him would've been a mistake.

I think we have a nice player on our hands in Poe.

BossChief 05-15-2013 03:29 PM

1a) trade up for Tannehill
1b) Barron
3) Mercilus
4) Ingram
5) trade down

I think that was my top 5

Poe looked like he was coming along nicely as the year progressed, though, and seems to have a chance to be special.

milkman 05-15-2013 03:33 PM

I didn't expect the Chiefs to trade up for Tannehill.

He was my first choice at 11 if he fell, with Barron 2nd, and Ingram 3rd.