ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The one thing we can look forward to: the league's best OL. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272750)

Sfeihc 05-03-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 9655857)
Lol limit Smith's throws to win consistently? Have you followed football lately? How good this team will be will be determined in great part by how well Alex smith plays, simple as that.

First trolling by a frog. Sweet. LMAO

Hammock Parties 05-03-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 9655863)
Here's something else we can look forward to...

REAL OFFENSIVE AND DEFENSIVE COORDINATORS

Our defensive coordinator is a big bag of nothing.

Mav 05-03-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9655859)
god you are ****ing stupid

Eli manning won a superbowl with an abomination of an OL, and the worst running game in the league

pretty much the same for Rodgers

maybe actually watching football, as opposed to being an Alex Smith fanboi would help you out?

when we have a franchise QB, then we can draft OL, punter, hot dog vendor, I don't give a shit...until then, drafting a RT at #1 is a sick ****ing joke

QBs make OLs...not the other way around...

now, try to make sense of this. Bryan Bulaga, was drafted as the Left Tackle of the future, and then they drafted DERRICK SHERROD IN THE FIRST ROUND.....Or did you miss that part? So that would make your lame attempt to own me with your chad clifton garbage?

And as far as FRANCHISE QBS go, i dont know, but when a head coach, says, WE ARE GOING TO GET ALEX SMITH INTO THE HALL OF FAME, that makes one think that your head coach is either dumb as shit, or truly believes at the very least you have a franchise qb. Your choice boss.....

Mav 05-03-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9655929)
Our defensive coordinator is a big bag of nothing.

and you know this how?

Mr. Laz 05-03-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 9655444)
I love your enthusiasm but none of those teams drafted a LT in the first round and none of them made the playoffs. You cannot go to the Super Bowl with a LT and RT that were drafted in the 1st round.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9655467)
Unless you happen to be the Ravens and 49ers....

McKinnie: pick 7
Oher: pick 23

Staley: pick 28
Davis: pick 7

owning dumbass n00bs ... it's a talent

Mr. Laz 05-03-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9655869)
Charlie Weis is a badass play caller BTW. I wish he'd stick to what he does best, which is coordinating an offense, in lieu of trying to be a shitty college head coach.

Thanks, Todd!!

Hammock Parties 05-03-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9655933)
and you know this how?

Well, look at his career.

It's not rocket science, homer.

Mav 05-03-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9655945)
Well, look at his career.

It's not rocket science, homer.

how am i a homer, commenting on a former jets defensive coach? lol

All im saying is that you have to give the guy a chance to run his own scheme before you bang on him.

mcaj22 05-03-2013 09:16 PM

when you invest

2 first round picks
2 second round picks
2 third round picks

i hope ****ing so you have the best line in the NFL, because it's pathetic if you dont. But hey that's the Chiefs, wasting high picks on shitty players

in 6 picks we passed on a lot of good talent over the years for this oline.

AussieChiefsFan 05-03-2013 09:17 PM

Just. Wait. For. Charles. BEAST MODE.

Cannibal 05-03-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9655976)
Just. Wait. For. Charles. BEAST MODE.

Gonna be fun to watch. With Reid, I expect some insane screen passes involving Jamaal Charles. I'm talking, 40-50+ yarders multiple times during the year.

mcaj22 05-03-2013 09:26 PM

id pretty much rather any of the players picked after any of these oline ****s we drafted.

Instead of Albert could have had Flacco
instead of Asamoah could have Navarro Bowman, Jimmy Graham, Emmanuel Sanders, etc
instead of Hudson could have had Randall Cobb, Torrey Smith
instead of Jeff Allen could have had Kendell Reyes, Bobby Wagner, Zach Brown, Mychael Kendricks, ****ing anybody really
instead of Donald Stephenson could have had Russel ****ing Wilson
instead of Eric Fisher could have had... anyone worth a shit

you couldnt **** these picks up more really

dont counter with hindsight, for every one of these o-lineman there have been more really good players picked right after all them than shitty, and even then its like 60-70% chance a good player than a crappy one with the players picked after them in the same round. I'd take that chance if it lands me a good QB, WR, LB, DL player over an OL any day of the week, and in this case, it proves it for ALL OF THEM

the point stands, we missed out on a lot of good players that could have impacted this franchise a hell of a lot more than any of these o-lineman ever can or will.

Mr. Laz 05-03-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9655987)
Gonna be fun to watch. With Reid, I expect some insane screen passes involving Jamaal Charles. I'm talking, 40-50+ yarders multiple times during the year.

When is the last time we had an offense that could even run a screen properly?

must of been Vermeil ... that's pretty sad.

Mr. Laz 05-03-2013 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9656010)
id pretty much rather any of the players picked after any of these oline ****s we drafted.

Instead of Albert could have had Flacco
instead of Asamoah could have Navarro Bowman, Jimmy Graham, Emmanuel Sanders, etc
instead of Hudson could have had Randall Cobb, Torrey Smith
instead of Jeff Allen could have had Kendell Reyes, Bobby Wagner, Zach Brown, Mychael Kendricks, ****ing anybody really
instead of Donald Stephenson could have had Russel ****ing Wilson
instead of Eric Fisher could have had... anyone worth a shit

you couldnt **** these picks up more really

dont counter with hindsight, for every one of these o-lineman there have been more really good players picked right after all them than shitty, and even then its like 60-70% chance a good player than a crappy one with the players picked after them in the same round. I'd take that chance if it lands me a good QB, WR, LB, DL player over an OL any day of the week, and in this case, it proves it for ALL OF THEM

how in the hell did you get off my iggy list?

welp ......

aturnis 05-03-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9655431)
Did Allen really play that poorly? Or are the same people who say that the same ones who thought Geno Smith was going top 5 in the draft? Some of the same people who said Sanchex had the "it" factor? I'm not saying he played well but the talent evaluators around here just aren't that good.

So saying Geno should go top 5 makes one a bad talent evaluator? Many highly respected guys in the business stated they'd be shocked if he didn't go top 5. Add to that shortly after Geno's pro day, Mayock said based solely on talent, Geno is a top 10 prospect.

We now know there were off the field factors that are likely responsible for his fall.

Get a clue.