ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop As of right now, cdcox's software says the team most likely to win the Super Bowl... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267740)

TEX 12-16-2012 11:42 PM

LOL! And just think, 2 years ago they only won 4 games. I think Elway knows what he's doing. Say what you want about that franchise, but it is head and shoulders above K

RealSNR 12-16-2012 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9216990)
LOL! And just think, 2 years ago they only won 4 games. I think Elway knows what he's doing. Say what you want about that franchise, but it is head and shoulders above K

I'll judge him when he has to build a team post-Manning.

Is he going to pull another rabbit out of his hat? Is he going to sign Tom Brady after the Patriots refuse to keep him around after awhile? What?

Assweiler isn't the solution, so what is it?

TEX 12-16-2012 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9217007)
I'll judge him when he has to build a team post-Manning.

Is he going to pull another rabbit out of his hat? Is he going to sign Tom Brady after the Patriots refuse to keep him around after awhile? What?

Assweiler isn't the solution, so what is it?

Who cares, judge him how you want. The fact of the matter is Denver was in shambles 2 years ago and now they are Super Bowl contenders. They're doing something right. To not acknowledge what they've been able to do in a short time is foolish. I tip my hat to them, and only wish the Chiefs could be as good.

RealSNR 12-16-2012 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9217031)
Who cares, judge him how you want. The fact of the matter is Denver was in shambles 2 years ago and now they are Super Bowl contenders. They're doing something rigjt. Do not acknowledge but they've been able to do any short time is foolish. I tip my hat to them, and only wish the Chiefs QB is good.

Q: What's better than a franchise QB leading your team at the end of his career?

A: A franchise QB leading your team at the BEGINNING of his career

It may seem bleak now, but one day we'll have the QB, and they'll have the Matt Cassel game manager because "there were no options in the draft at the time" or whatever excuse they come up with

BigMeatballDave 12-16-2012 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9216990)

Well, it wasn't exactly a genious move to sign Peyton.

Imon Yourside 12-17-2012 12:01 AM

We have to remember Manning wasn't part of the Right 53.

cdcox 12-17-2012 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9217038)
Q: What's better than a franchise QB leading your team at the end of his career?

Yep, in today's NFL there is nothing better. You are a guaranteed playoff contender every year no matter how bad the rest of your team is. You put a little talent around him on O or D and you're in the running for a championship.

TEX 12-17-2012 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9217044)
Well, it wasn't exactly a genious move to sign Peyton.

Looks pretty damn good to me. Elway got it done and Pioli didn't get so much as a look. Elway also hasn't blown top 5 picks and didn't kid himself about the lack of talent at QB and HC.

TEX 12-17-2012 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9217038)

It may seem bleak now, but one day we'll have the QB, and they'll have the Matt Cassel game manager because "there were no options in the draft at the time" or whatever excuse they come up with

Oh that's 1 way to look at it. But also they did with it took to win now. they also did not mortgage the future doing so. They could get a young franchise QB. Nobody says you have to draft 1. The Packers did pretty darn good when they traded for Favre. They already had their Matt Cassel. They letting go to New York.

htismaqe 12-17-2012 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9217031)
Who cares, judge him how you want. The fact of the matter is Denver was in shambles 2 years ago and now they are Super Bowl contenders. They're doing something right. To not acknowledge what they've been able to do in a short time is foolish. I tip my hat to them, and only wish the Chiefs could be as good.

There's no mystery about this. JFC.

They signed Peyton Manning and they're a contender.

Pretty ****ing simple.

Rausch 12-17-2012 08:08 AM

I already have the SB off.

I'd throw up in my mouf...

Garcia Bronco 12-17-2012 08:11 AM

Go Broncos!!!

And thanks to John Elway, already one of the best GM's in the league, we are in position to make a run.

Hoover 12-17-2012 08:12 AM

I watched Denver play in Oakland last week and was not that impressed. Now, they are a threat, but I think there are a number of playoff teams that are more capable to winning it all than them.

I like Atlanta, Houston, Pats and the Packers chances better than I like Denver's.

All that said the payoffs are going to be fun as hell this year.

Garcia Bronco 12-17-2012 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9217464)
There's no mystery about this. JFC.

They signed Peyton Manning and they're a contender.

Pretty ****ing simple.

The team has made a number of move to put themselves in position. If I had to put a number on it I'd say 60 percent Manning. Remember though this team won a playoff game with Tim Tebow, that means we have an excellent defense.

htismaqe 12-17-2012 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 9217480)
The team has made a number of move to put themselves in position. If I had to put a number on it I'd say 60 percent Manning. Remember though this team won a playoff game with Tim Tebow, that means we have an excellent defense.

Lots of teams win a single playoff game, even with shit QBs.

This team was a 9-7 one-and-doner without Manning, now they're a SB contender.

No ****ing mystery at all.