ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft It is safe to assume that we will not draft Joeckel. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270067)

BigMeatballDave 02-16-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9408306)
If we aren't taking a Qb at 1, I'd consider letting Albert walk and drafting Joeckel. Save money, etc.

I don't give a **** about saving money.

They have the cap room. Use it.

O.city 02-16-2013 06:38 PM

If you can save the money and get an equal, possibly better player, I'd think about it.

RealSNR 02-16-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9408401)
If you can save the money and get an equal, possibly better player, I'd think about it.

With the #1 overall pick.

-King- 02-16-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9408401)

Possibly worse also. Possibly, MUCH worse.

O.city 02-16-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9408412)
With the #1 overall pick.

Who else do you take?

If they are concerned at all about Alberts back it makes sense. I'm just throwing out some alternate ways to go about this. It's not what I want, but from a business side, it makes some sense.

RealSNR 02-16-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9408418)
Who else do you take?

I've answered this question many times before.

If the franchise is that damned determined to not take a QB at #1 overall, I would trade down for peanuts. Just as they believe none of the QBs are worth it, I believe none of the PLAYERS are worth it. Without Geno, Wilson, or Barkley, this is the most putrid class of players at the top of the draft I've perhaps ever seen. It's god ****ing awful.

I would trade down like a dick-sucking crab-infested crack whore for whatever I could get, even if that's only a 2nd round pick and something else. Then I'd take...

No. You know what? This shit is so ****ing idiotic. I WOULDN'T take Milliner. Moore and Werner would probably be gone. And Sheldon Richardson and Sharrif Floyd are even ****ing more risky players than Geno or Wilson.

I'd shoot myself in the ****ing face is what I'd do.

O.city 02-16-2013 06:51 PM

Thats what I mean. I don't know what you do. If you twisted my arm and we keep Albert, I'd probably just take Star and feed the fans tranquilizer darts until the season started.

RealSNR 02-16-2013 06:53 PM

I still have hope. Reid didn't really give a shit about safe when he drafted McNabb.

The alternatives to a QB at #1 are so ****ing putrid it makes my stomach churn. I'm sure Reid knows this, and will shit in Dorsey's mouth until he gets on board with it as well.

O.city 02-16-2013 06:54 PM

If you don't take a Qb, it's either a non pass rushing 34 DE, (yikes, were have we seen that before) a CB, or a 3rd down pass rusher.

htismaqe 02-16-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9408461)
If you don't take a Qb, it's either a non pass rushing 34 DE, (yikes, were have we seen that before) a CB, or a 3rd down pass rusher.

Exactly.

There's literally NOBODY there to take.

O.city 02-16-2013 07:08 PM

If Star can develop some pass rushing skills, I think he would make our DL really really good. Pair him with Poe and thats a shit ton of athletic ability up there.

htismaqe 02-16-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9408506)
If Star can develop some pass rushing skills, I think he would make our DL really really good. Pair him with Poe and thats a shit ton of athletic ability up there.

Sounds like a GREAT use of the #1 overall pick...'

Tyson Jackson mark II

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-16-2013 07:44 PM

i think the key word is "definite". There is still more defining to do.
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city 02-16-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9408508)
Sounds like a GREAT use of the #1 overall pick...'

Tyson Jackson mark II

I'm just trying to brainstorm what they're thinking. I guess Milliner could come into play, but if it's not Joeckel, it's Star or ?

RealSNR 02-16-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

I have more confidence in Geno developing a better lower body so his throws are zip-line smooth and quick than I do Star Lotulelei developing pass rush moves.

One does not simply develop pass rush moves. Just as Tyson Jackson and Aaron Curry.

That's why I don't ****ing understand why John Dorsey would be possessed enough to take a non-QB at #1 assuming the organization wants to re-sign Albert (which we know they do).

O.city 02-16-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9408653)
I have more confidence in Geno developing a better lower body so his throws are zip-line smooth and quick than I do Star Lotulelei developing pass rush moves.

One does not simply develop pass rush moves. Just as Tyson Jackson and Aaron Curry.

That's why I don't ****ing understand why John Dorsey would be possessed enough to take a non-QB at #1 assuming the organization wants to re-sign Albert (which we know they do).

We know they want to, dunno if they will.

Hammock Parties 02-16-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

If Star can develop some pass rushing skills

LMAO

People said the same thing about Tyson Jackson.

I mean talk about fail...it's bad enough to take a 3-4 end #3 overall...but to do it #1?

Unprecedented level of dumbass.

O.city 02-16-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9408726)
LMAO

People said the same thing about Tyson Jackson.

I mean talk about fail...it's bad enough to take a 3-4 end #3 overall...but to do it #1?

Unprecedented level of dumbass.

Fine. Then who are we taking there?

Hammock Parties 02-16-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9408728)

Just pass on the ****ing pick. Let's become the court jester of the NFL.

O.city 02-16-2013 08:19 PM

Maybe Sheldon Ri.............I can't even get that out. I just can't take him at 1.

milkman 02-16-2013 08:28 PM

Chance Warmack, FTMFW MFers.

Bewbies 02-22-2013 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJ Young (Post 9424770)
Ultimately, the decision to draft Joeckel or Smith boils down to fundamental draft philosophy: draft for a need or draft the best player available?

The below article discussed the different directions KC can go in and provides some interesting food for thought:

downattheone.com/features

Should we draft for the future or gamble on a need?

Please post this spam from your site in more threads please!!

htismaqe 02-22-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJ Young (Post 9424770)
Ultimately, the decision to draft Joeckel or Smith boils down to fundamental draft philosophy: draft for a need or draft the best player available?

The below article discussed the different directions KC can go in and provides some interesting food for thought:

downattheone.com/features

Should we draft for the future or gamble on a need?

Joeckel isn't "drafting for the future" anymore than signing Albert is.

EVERY draft pick is a gamble. Ask the Packers if they regret picking Tony Mandarich over Barry Sander and Derrick Thomas.

Drafting Luke Joeckel is one thing, though.

STUPID.

htismaqe 02-22-2013 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9408728)

Geno.

Get some gauze and stop the bleeding my man.

suds79 02-22-2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9424803)

EVERY draft pick is a gamble. Ask the Packers if they regret picking Tony Mandarich over Barry Sander and Derrick Thomas.

STUPID.

This.

I freaking wish people or draft gurus wouldn't stop acting like it's impossible for O-linemen to bust.

How many times have we heard "Draft this guy and you're set at (Tackel, Guard, Center) for the next 10 years."

That's ridiculous.

htismaqe 02-22-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9424806)
This.

I freaking wish people or draft gurus wouldn't stop acting like it's impossible for O-linemen to bust.

How many times have we heard "Draft this guy and you're set at (Tackel, Guard, Center) for the next 10 years."

That's ridiculous.

MagicHef has put together the numbers.

Not only are tackles NOT safe (they bust just as much as any other position) the guys can't single-handedly turn their team into a winner. OTs aren't safe, their Fool's Gold.

Radar Chief 02-22-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9424803)

STUPID.

Heard a salient point on 610 the other day, I know but it does occasionally happen, that even if Joeckel is the most solid of sure fire draft picks letting Albert walk and spending the #1 pick on his replacement DOES NOT IMPROVE THE TEAM! At best it’s breaking even.

PaulAllen 02-22-2013 09:18 AM

Biggest fail ever if they pick an OL. what a joke

htismaqe 02-22-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 9424908)
Heard a salient point on 610 the other day, I know but it does occasionally happen, that even if Joeckel is the most solid of sure fire draft picks letting Albert walk and spending the #1 pick on his replacement DOES NOT IMPROVE THE TEAM! At best it’s breaking even.

Put it this way:

Joeckel could come in next year and play at an All-Pro level for all 16 games...

And the team could still finish 2-14.

If a QB comes in and plays at an All-Pro level for EIGHT games, we're in the playoffs.

It isn't even worth discussion.

Deberg_1990 02-22-2013 09:35 AM

Love all those playoff apperances Joe Thomas has led the Browns to.

htismaqe 02-22-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9424966)
Love all those playoff apperances Joe Thomas has led the Browns to.

Yep.

Radar Chief 02-22-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9424945)
Put it this way:

Joeckel could come in next year and play at an All-Pro level for all 16 games...

And the team could still finish 2-14.

If a QB comes in and plays at an All-Pro level for EIGHT games, we're in the playoffs.

It isn't even worth discussion.

This is what pisses me off about Mayock. I normally respect the guys opinion but he seems to think the Chiefs should use that #1 to draft one of four OL, i.e. someone that isn’t going to score points. :spock:

Sorter 02-22-2013 10:24 AM

Do you think every year during the draft, Joe Thomas just absolutely loses his shit when he's at home?

The Franchise 02-22-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9425100)
Do you think every year during the draft, Joe Thomas just absolutely loses his shit when he's at home?

I'm sure he's too busy counting his money.

PaulAllen 02-22-2013 10:32 AM

Thomas doesn't give a shit. That ****er didn't even show up for HIS OWN DRAFT.

Sorter 02-22-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9425109)
I'm sure he's too busy counting his money.

And then throwing it in fistfuls at his television screaming angrily.

"God dammit!! Brandon Weeden?! You mother****ers I'm never going to see the postseason"