ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News R2D2 Progress Update - 10/24/2012 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265591)

FAX 10-24-2012 12:54 AM

Normally, I do not utter nary a peep nor a chirple when my tireless efforts are ignored, passed by, and generally neglected, Mr. Phobia. I have come to accept it.

But come on ... "Help us Obie Wan Knobel! You're our only hope!"? In a thread about R2D2? In an Chiefs environment such as this?

I weep for humanity.

FAX

listopencil 10-24-2012 12:57 AM

Oddly enough I was looking at something else by that author I quoted. E.B. White wrote this for Here Is New York published in 1948:

The subtlest change in New York is something people don't speak much about but that is in everyone's mind. The city, for the first time in its long history, is destructible. A single flight of planes no bigger than a wedge of geese can quickly end this island fantasy, burn the towers, crumble the bridges, turn the underground passages into lethal chambers, cremate the millions. The intimation of mortality is part of New York now: in the sounds of jets overhead, in the black headlines of the latest edition.

All dwellers in cities must dwell with the stubborn fact of annihilation; in New York the fact is somewhat more concentrated because of the concentration of the city itself and because, of all targets, New York has a certain clear priority. In the mind of whatever perverted dreamer who might loose the lightning, New York must hold a steady, irresistible charm.

FAX 10-24-2012 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9044698)
I'm reminded of a quote. Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but the thing dies in the process and the innards are discouraging to any but the pure scientific mind.

Well, had I posted a detailed essay on the subject of frog innards and their significance in modern day eschatology, it would have gone over equally well, I suppose.

FAX

DaneMcCloud 10-24-2012 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9044701)
Oddly enough I was looking at something else by that author I quoted. E.B. White wrote this for Here Is New York published in 1948:

The subtlest change in New York is something people don't speak much about but that is in everyone's mind. The city, for the first time in its long history, is destructible. A single flight of planes no bigger than a wedge of geese can quickly end this island fantasy, burn the towers, crumble the bridges, turn the underground passages into lethal chambers, cremate the millions. The intimation of mortality is part of New York now: in the sounds of jets overhead, in the black headlines of the latest edition.

All dwellers in cities must dwell with the stubborn fact of annihilation; in New York the fact is somewhat more concentrated because of the concentration of the city itself and because, of all targets, New York has a certain clear priority. In the mind of whatever perverted dreamer who might loose the lightning, New York must hold a steady, irresistible charm.

Great.

:facepalm:

You just made unfinished R2D2 cry.

Phobia 10-24-2012 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9044699)
Normally, I do not utter nary a peep nor a chirple when my tireless efforts are ignored, passed by, and generally neglected, Mr. Phobia. I have come to accept it.

But come on ... "Help us Obie Wan Knobel! You're our only hope!"? In a thread about R2D2? In an Chiefs environment such as this?

I weep for humanity.

FAX

I feel your pain. I really do. 90% of the posts I made that I found to be my funniest posts ever were ignored. We're strange people who laugh at over-the-top things. Plus there are a lot of morons on this site who don't get high-brow humor.

listopencil 10-24-2012 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9044703)
Well, had I posted a detailed essay on the subject of frog innards and their significance in modern day eschatology, it would have gone over equally well, I suppose.

FAX

In High School Biology I earned an "A" while dissecting a frog. I was one of the very few students who perfectly exposed the frog's brain. Does that help at all?

FAX 10-24-2012 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9044701)

I can dig that, Mr. listopencil.

There is a subtle and strange fragility to New York that exists beneath its hardened exterior of which most people are unaware ... and understandably so.

FAX

FAX 10-24-2012 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9044708)
In High School Biology I earned an "A" while dissecting a frog. I was one of the very few students who perfectly exposed the frog's brain. Does that help at all?

In an odd way, it does. It really does.

Thank you.

FAX

FAX 10-24-2012 01:05 AM

The thing that really bothers me is this; how many times do you have the opportunity to float the phrase, "Help us Obie Wan Knobel! You're our only hope!" entirely in context?

I mean ... like, maybe ... once in a friggin' lifetime? Or less?

Jesus.

FAX

listopencil 10-24-2012 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9044710)
In an odd way, it does. It really does.

Thank you.

FAX

That's good to hear. My job here is done. With perfect timing, in fact, I can feel the Ambien beginning to do its work. Good night.

jspchief 10-24-2012 01:45 AM

I like that its being built on the kitchen table. To me that adds significantly to the oddity of it all.

"honey, can put your robot project away so we can sit down for dinner?"

Rausch 10-24-2012 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9044711)
The thing that really bothers me is this; how many times do you have the opportunity to float the phrase, "Help us Obie Wan Knobel! You're our only hope!" entirely in context?

I mean ... like, maybe ... once in a friggin' lifetime? Or less?

Jesus.

FAX

If you expand the scale and include refrigeration capabilities it could be a keg cooler.

And then every bad life moment, every missed FG, INT, Pioli draft pick, or newly discovered grey hair.

"Help me Obie Wan! You're my only hope!"

NewChief 10-24-2012 04:37 AM

My son finished his way quicker... and he got a C3PO done as well. You need to wrap this thing up.

Here's the pic:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_1luLRXKoJM...00/lego+SW.jpg

rtmike 10-24-2012 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9044755)
If you expand the scale and include refrigeration capabilities it could be a keg cooler.

And then every bad life moment, every missed FG, INT, Pioli draft pick, or newly discovered grey hair.

I'm sure there's a name for it. Obviously my lack of attending keggers' is about to become painfully exposed.

The pull tab tap thingie that you get pull on to get the beer, /insert name & crude nickname for this poster/, where would the pull tab thingie be mounted?

And if it's mounted on the head of R2 would someone have to stand by with a clipboard in their hand counting how many times the head spun one way, that way you knew how many times it needed to spin back the other way.

I know the perfect person for that position. He's a professional at it. He got promoted from the original position to running a stationary pull tab for about 4 years but repeated calls to management over spillage & half poured cups of refreshments, dirty/used cups has him back to his calling (professional clipboard operator). They're concerned that he tried blaming the keg company & are looking into it.

He was never any good running the show but no one does a better job @ maneuvering a ink stick as him.

Rausch 10-24-2012 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtmike (Post 9044763)
I'm sure there's a name for it. Obviously my lack of attending keggers' is about to become painfully exposed.

The pull tab tap thingie that you get pull on to get the beer, /insert name & crude nickname for this poster/, where would the pull tab thingie be mounted?

Tap handle?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtmike (Post 9044763)
And if it's mounted on the head of R2 would someone have to stand by with a clipboard in their hand counting how many times the head spun one way, that way you knew how many times it needed to spin back the other way.

I know the perfect person for that position. He's a professional at it. He got promoted from the original position to running a stationary pull tab for about 4 years but repeated calls to management over spillage & half poured cups of refreshments, dirty/used cups has him back to his calling (professional clipboard operator). They're concerned that he tried blaming the keg company & are looking into it.

He was never any good running the show but no one does a better job @ maneuvering a ink stick as him.

Whut?...