ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV NBC cans 30 Rock, Community, and Parks and Rec (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259373)

Demonpenz 02-26-2013 09:54 AM

penny knock knock knock penny knock knock knock penny.

BigMeatballDave 02-27-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9439385)
No, but it is about good shows and bad shows. The first two you mentioned are good.

No, it's about personal preference.

I love P&R and BBT.

phisherman 02-27-2013 09:35 AM

I like Parks & Rec and Big Bang Theory very much.

How anyone can watch Two Broke Girls is beyond me. The writing for that show is the worst that I think I've ever heard/seen, especially for a show that's on a big night.

cookster50 02-27-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phisherman (Post 9444236)
How anyone can watch Two Broke Girls is beyond me. The writing for that show is the worst that I think I've ever heard/seen, especially for a show that's on a big night.

I admit to catching parts of episodes while waiting for the wife so we can watch something on Hulu/Netflix. Yes, it is terrible. Too bad there is nothing better on at the same time.

Pitt Gorilla 02-27-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9444217)
No, it's about personal preference.

I love P&R and BBT.

BBT used to be pretty good. Now, the good jokes are few and far between.

Perhaps you could help me understand the need for a laugh track on that show. Are the jokes so unfunny that the director has to inform you when to laugh?

BigMeatballDave 02-27-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9446141)
BBT used to be pretty good. Now, the good jokes are few and far between.

Perhaps you could help me understand the need for a laugh track on that show. Are the jokes so unfunny that the director has to inform you when to laugh?

No clue. I hardly notice the laugh track.

That has nothing to do with the quality of a show.

jiveturkey 02-27-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9446156)
No clue. I hardly notice the laugh track.

That has nothing to do with the quality of a show.

I'm still entertained by BBT but it's garbage writing. There's a vid somewhere out there on the Youtubes that is BBT minus the laugh track. It will increase your awareness of the terribleness.

jiveturkey 02-27-2013 02:34 PM

Here's one.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dffCCSb1JCo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pitt Gorilla 02-27-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 9446488)
I'm still entertained by BBT but it's garbage writing. There's a vid somewhere out there on the Youtubes that is BBT minus the laugh track. It will increase your awareness of the terribleness.

I liked the show early on, but the writing is brutal. I used to DVR the show (and then not watch it). Now, I don't even bother. Shows like 30 Rock and P&R make it look ridiculous.

jiveturkey 02-27-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9447314)
I liked the show early on, but the writing is brutal. I used to DVR the show (and then not watch it). Now, I don't even bother. Shows like 30 Rock and P&R make it look ridiculous.

I completely agree.

Community is on a entirely different level.

I can still occasionally get laugh out of some garbage though. How I Met Your Mother is one. BBT has stayed on the DVR list but I'm usually playing on my tablet through the whole show.

SuperChief 02-27-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 9446522)
Here's one.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dffCCSb1JCo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Weird - this sounds like BBT with a laugh track. Absolutely, unequivocally not funny in the slightest.

Pitt Gorilla 02-27-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 9447397)
I completely agree.

Community is on a entirely different level.

I can still occasionally get laugh out of some garbage though. How I Met Your Mother is one. BBT has stayed on the DVR list but I'm usually playing on my tablet through the whole show.

Did you see the Inspector Space Time convention last week?

BigMeatballDave 02-28-2013 06:03 AM

BBT is shot in front of a live studio audience. Is there still a laugh track?

BigMeatballDave 02-28-2013 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 9447544)
Weird - this sounds like BBT with a laugh track. Absolutely, unequivocally not funny in the slightest.

Then don't watch it and quit bitching about it.

jiveturkey 02-28-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9448811)
Did you see the Inspector Space Time convention last week?

It's one of those shows that I watch the night it airs (not live though). There aren't a lot of episodes that I haven't loved.

I'm thoroughly pissed that it's going away and I hope that the people behind it find a new project.