ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The MVP wants to stay in KC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269287)

htismaqe 01-25-2013 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9349809)
Yeah, except the guys we've paid (Hali, Charles, DJ) aren't exactly what I consider bums. I think they're kinda more valuable than a punter.

Also, Colquitt is not 'literally' the best at his position. He's not even the best in the division. He's a good punter but even a massive downgrade would barely be noticed if you put a decent offense on the field. All punters do is turn the ball over. That's it. The best punter is the one you never use.

He was talking about Matt Cassel and Tyson Jackson, 2 of the highest paid guys on the team.

Deberg_1990 01-25-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9349805)
It sounds like a good argument in theory...

Until you realize that 49ers punter Andy Lee is FIRST IN THE LEAGUE in net.

Ravens punter Sam Koch is 8th.

Put the worst punter in the league on the Niners and know what happens? They are still a Super Bowl team. Theres just not that much difference in the NFL between punters.

htismaqe 01-25-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9349929)
Put the worst punter in the league on the Niners and know what happens? They are still a Super Bowl team. Theres just not that much difference in the NFL between punters.

Yeah, there actually is.

Deberg_1990 01-25-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9349949)
Yeah, there actually is.

Is there? If Colquitt is one of the best, then why were we 2-14?

Maybe there is, maybe there isnt? I just dont think they make much of a difference in the grand scheme.

Oh Snap 01-25-2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

The Chiefs seemed to have little interest in re-signing Colquitt under former general manager Scott *****
Words cannot describe how GLAD I am that that team killing m'fer is GONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! **** YOU SCOTT PI*LI!!!!

htismaqe 01-25-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9349955)

Maybe there is, maybe there isnt? I just dont think they make much of a difference in the grand scheme.

Dude, Punters don't make 2-14 teams into playoffs contenders.

But punters absolutely DO make 12-4 teams into conference champions.

Winning in the playoffs is usually the difference in 1 or 2 plays. Field position can be of paramount importance.

Warrior5 01-25-2013 09:29 AM

Pay.

Colquitt.

Now.

ChiTown 01-25-2013 09:45 AM

We know what we have in DC, so why not pay the guy and lock down a key ST's position. IMO, a bigger concern is Succop. I hope he bounces back this season. We paid him pretty handsomely at the end of '11 for a guy that ranked in the bottom 1/3 of the NFL in '12.

-King- 01-25-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9349955)

You could use that same BS logic against Charles, DJ, Hali, and Houston.

"If Charles is one of the best, why were we 2-14?"
Posted via Mobile Device

mcaj22 01-25-2013 10:27 AM

you could make the argument that Colquitt helps this team more than say a Jon Baldwin or Jalil Brown or Kendrick Lewis or Javier Arenas or Dexter McCluster or Jeff Allen or insert any pile of shit player outside of like 7 guys here ______.

mikey23545 01-25-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9350039)
You could use that same BS logic against Charles, DJ, Hali, and Houston.

"If Charles is one of the best, why were we 2-14?"
Posted via Mobile Device

Yep, one of the stupidest arguments ever coughed up by anyone.

And BTW, where did the idea come from that Colquitt is asking for $3 million a year, or is that just what it would cost to tag him?

BossChief 01-25-2013 10:35 AM

The tag is just under 3 million for punters.

His agent has all the ammo he needs to expect a deal with that average.

Frankie 01-25-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warrior5 (Post 9350001)
Pay.

Bowe, Albert, and Colquitt.

Now.

FYP

BlackHelicopters 01-25-2013 12:28 PM

Dude is part of the right 53.

redgoldexpress 01-25-2013 04:50 PM

Punter post!

Despite a 2-14 record that got their head coach fired, the Kansas City Chiefs managed to get six players qualified for this year's Pro Bowl, including RB Jamaal Charles, LBs Derrick Johnson, Tamba Hali and Justin Houston, S Eric Berry and P Dustin Colquitt. One of those gentlemen is an impending free agent (Colquitt), and Adam Teicher of the Kansas City Star checked in with him for his thoughts on his future, in K.C. or elsewhere.

Per Teicher, the old Chiefs administration under Scott Pioli had little interest in extending Colquitt's time with the franchise. However, things could be different now that the John Dorsey-Andy Reid braintrust has taken over. Colquitt himself remains optimistic.

"We've got to see how that shakes out," Colquitt acknowledged. "I haven't heard much. I think that talk really cranks up after the Super Bowl. Kansas City has been a great town for me and my family. I do enjoy Kansas City a lot. I'd like to finish things up with the Chiefs if that's at all possible. I've had a chance to talk with Andy and John. I really like their direction and how they operate and the people they are."

This is from ESPN Insider