ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc how pissed off would you be? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269318)

Hootie 01-25-2013 06:27 PM

how pissed off would you be?

I had to run an errand today which resulted in me needing to park in a public parking lot that was 'pay to park.' It was $1.00 minimum for an hour. Whatever.

So I put my $1.00 in the automated machine and was away for 10 minutes. Came back. Parking ticket. I thought, "what the ****?"

Violation: $30 ticket for 'head on parking' only. It was a half vacant lot so I pulled through one spot to park 'backed in' style in the spot across from it. I didn't take up more than 1 spot and parked perfectly, and saw NO posting about warnings for this type of parking. It's such a common type of parking. I'm sure it was posted somewhere in fine print but...

I was appalled. THIRTY ****ing dollars...for 10 minutes in a spot I PAID FOR.

How can they justify that?

ArrowheadHawk 01-25-2013 06:29 PM

Fight it.

KCrockaholic 01-25-2013 06:30 PM

Court.

In58men 01-25-2013 06:33 PM

Are you black?

Hootie 01-25-2013 06:34 PM

I don't really want to go appear in court over $30...but what a ****ing ridiculous ticket.

Violation: Head in Parking Only

looking at this ****ing thing makes me want to punch something

every night we get a campus alert of a girl getting r'd or a defenseless dude getting 'polar bear'd' but they are going to bleed respectful, tax paying, productive members of society $30 because they backed into a spot and paid for said spot in a 50% vacant lot.

BlackHelicopters 01-25-2013 06:36 PM

Damn gubment.

Hootie 01-25-2013 06:37 PM

honestly I just wanted to know if anyone has ever even heard of such a thing

CrazyPhuD 01-25-2013 06:39 PM

Is it a city lot? Or a privately run lot? If its a city lot make them show you the statute. If its a private lot tell them to pound sand.

Chief_For_Life58 01-25-2013 06:42 PM

sorry for your loss

Chief_For_Life58 01-25-2013 06:42 PM

bring him in for a look?

houstonwhodat 01-25-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9351287)
I don't really want to go appear in court over $30...but what a ****ing ridiculous ticket.

Violation: Head in Parking Only

looking at this ****ing thing makes me want to punch something

every night we get a campus alert of a girl getting r'd or a defenseless dude getting 'polar bear'd' but they are going to bleed respectful, tax paying, productive members of society $30 because they backed into a spot and paid for said spot in a 50% vacant lot.

In Houston there is a special court for parking tickets and if you go in there they usually waive the ticket because no one usually does.

Hootie 01-25-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9351323)
In Houston there is a special court for parking tickets and if you go in there they usually waive the ticket because no one usually does.

I know, and I realize that if I actually showed up and fought this the judge would throw it out in 2 seconds but I am busy and work a lot of hours, especially during the day. This is just a huge hassle for me.

I disputed the ticket online but like I said, I'm sure in this city lot their is fine print somewhere stating 'head in parking only'...

It's Illinois, they need every dime they can get. It's just sickening.

-King- 01-25-2013 06:45 PM

Yeah...that's a first for me. Why would they care how you parked?

Hootie 01-25-2013 06:45 PM

like I said

fine. Apparently I broke a rule I didn't know existed. Fine me the standard $10 for not putting money in the meter.

I just find it grossly appalling that I PAID THE METER and received a parking ticket for 3 X the amount of the broke assholes that don't even bother paying the meter.

splatbass 01-25-2013 06:46 PM

I feel your pain. I just got a notice in the mail of a judicial judgement against me for having an expired safety sticker. I never received a ticket, the first notice I got, the letter today, is that I lost because I didn't show up in court. I called the court and the woman told me that I was parked on the street and the policeman put a ticket on my car. This is not true. I have never parked on that street in my life. He also never pulled me over to give me a ticket. The only thing I can think is he saw me driving by (I have driven on that street) and wrote down the license number and a ticket without ever pulling me over.

$70. And no way to defend myself. It is a done deal. Charged and convicted without ever even knowing it. I was guilty, I was a little late getting the inspection done, but that really isn't the point. I still have a right to defend myself and a right to face my accuser.