ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The Dance party’s over for the Chiefs, Crennel says (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266617)

Deberg_1990 11-14-2012 09:46 AM

The Dance party’s over for the Chiefs, Crennel says

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/11/13...rtys-over.html

Playing on the “Monday Night Football” stage brought out the best and worst of the Chiefs. They played perhaps their best game of the season Monday night in Pittsburgh, taking a lead for the first time before losing 16-13 in overtime to the Steelers.

They also felt compelled to dance and celebrate on national television, something that cost them one 15-yard penalty at a crucial point in the game and could have cost them more.
Coach Romeo Crennel said he wasn’t sure whether playing on national TV caused the Chiefs to turn into entertainers as well as football players.

“I have no idea,” Crennel said. “It was a surprise to me to see some of those celebrations, per se. The rules are explicit about no celebrating, particularly group celebrations. You cannot have those. Our guys, they know the rules and they should not have done it. I will talk to my players about that, and I don’t expect it to happen again.”

The 1-8 Chiefs have played two straight nationally televised, prime-time games but will play in relative anonymity for the rest of the season. They play against Cincinnati at noon on Sunday at Arrowhead Stadium in the first of three straight home games.

Several players, including captains Derrick Johnson and Eric Berry, were guilty of a group celebration against NFL rules in the third quarter. They were celebrating an apparent fumble on a third down by Pittsburgh quarterback Byron Leftwich that Justin Houston returned for a touchdown that would have put the Chiefs ahead 17-10.

The play was ruled an incomplete pass instead after a video review, but the Chiefs penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct stood and the Steelers kept the ball with a fresh set of downs and the extra 15 yards.

Dwayne Bowe could have been penalized for taunting the Steelers on his apparent touchdown catch, also in the third quarter, that was nullified by a holding infraction by Branden Albert. Bowe wasn’t penalized, but that penalty would also have stood even though his touchdown was called back.

“We had some penalties that were really uncharacteristic of the guys on this team,” Crennel said. “They were celebrating and dancing and those kinds of things. With the record we have, we really can’t afford to be dancing or anything like that. Our focus should be on trying to play good football and trying to do everything to help the team win and not do things that cost the team field position and give a good opponent some momentum and those kinds of things.

“I do have a young team and I keep mentioning that all the time. Young guys do make young mistakes. We’re going to educate those guys about their actions … and then we’re going to eliminate it.”

Crennel last week said he would bench players who commit turnovers during games. Asked if he would do the same for players who dance and celebrate, he said, “I’m going to emphasize to those guys that those kinds of penalties are hurtful to the team and that we don’t need them, and then we will see whether we sit them or not.”

Crennel said he hadn’t decided whether Brady Quinn or Matt Cassel would quarterback the Chiefs against Cincinnati. Quinn said after Monday night’s game that he had been cleared to play after his recent concussion, but Crennel indicated he hadn’t heard that and wasn’t ready to make his decision.

“Brady said he is ready to go, and I’m sure he’s excited about the possibility, but at this point he’s not officially cleared, so I can’t make a determination until I can find out exactly what the prognosis is for him,” Crennel said. “That’s what I’ll do. I’ll find out and we’ll go from there.”

Crennel said wide receiver Jon Baldwin was still being evaluated for what he called a head and neck injury he suffered against the Steelers. Three other players could be affected by injuries against the Bengals: defensive lineman Dontari Poe (knee), guard Jon Asamoah (hand) and tight end Jake O’Connell (high ankle sprain).

mdchiefsfan 11-14-2012 09:51 AM

:whackit:

notorious 11-14-2012 09:53 AM

I have the complete and total confidence in Crennel.

ROFL

RealSNR 11-14-2012 09:54 AM

Romeo will put a sign underneath the PLAY GOOD FOOTBALL one that says NO DANCE PARTIES, K?

Easy 6 11-14-2012 09:55 AM

Keep the emotion, lose the penalties.

A Salt Weapon 11-14-2012 09:58 AM

NO! Let em dance, ****ing best part of that game. It probably helps bring the guys together as a team too. Crennel is a dipshit and could be outcoached by the hotdog vendor.
Posted via Mobile Device

blaise 11-14-2012 10:01 AM

This team is a disaster. Everything about it seems amateurish.

Bob Dole 11-14-2012 10:02 AM

He should sit everyone involved for the first quarter of the next game.

From a fan's perspective, that's 2 birds with 1 stone. We'll be so ****ing far behind after 15:00 that we'll never catch up, and there will finally be some tooth behind RAC's admonishments.

bishop_74 11-14-2012 10:11 AM

That should help us win games. The mere fact that he is making a public statement about it should increase offensive productivity by at least 15%. Glad he is putting so much effort in to this.

Fire Me Boy! 11-14-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9118007)
http://www.kansascity.com/2012/11/13...rtys-over.html

Crennel last week said he would bench players who commit turnovers during games. Asked if he would do the same for players who dance and celebrate, he said, “I’m going to emphasize to those guys that those kinds of penalties are hurtful to the team and that we don’t need them, and then we will see whether we sit them or not.”

Crennel said he hadn’t decided whether Brady Quinn or Matt Cassel would quarterback the Chiefs against Cincinnati. Quinn said after Monday night’s game that he had been cleared to play after his recent concussion, but Crennel indicated he hadn’t heard that and wasn’t ready to make his decision.

Matt Cassel's last play Monday night was a turnover. If Quinn isn't ready, Stanzi should get the start. Anything less and Crennel's a liar.

T-post Tom 11-14-2012 10:15 AM

"I have no idea" seems to be a recurring theme.

okoye35chiefs 11-14-2012 10:23 AM

“I have no idea,” Crennel said.

seems to be his standard answer for most of the questions

sorry tom you beat me to it...

mdchiefsfan 11-14-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 9118070)
"I have no idea" seems to be a recurring theme.

At least he's honest

okoye35chiefs 11-14-2012 10:25 AM

in breaking news:

a new chiefs locker room was flown in today that reads:

"eliminate bad dancing"

Ace Gunner 11-14-2012 10:35 AM

so now they need a rules coach.

HemiEd 11-14-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crennel
“I have no idea,” Crennel said

no kidding

Chief_For_Life58 11-14-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9118043)
This team is a disaster. Everything about it seems amateurish.

this. sh#ts a ****ing joke

Red Beans 11-14-2012 10:38 AM

Good to know he's in the loop. And quite frankly, as a HC why the **** would you even address the fact that you weren't aware that your possibly starting QB had been cleared. This ****ing guy is unbelievable.

Maybe he just doesn't care. That's the only thing I can figure, because If I replied to questions about my job with "I don't know" as much as he has, I'd be shit canned in an instant.

okoye35chiefs 11-14-2012 10:42 AM

i bet he knows whats for lunch though~

Frosty 11-14-2012 10:43 AM

Should never have gotten rid of Pollard. Look how bad the dancing has been since he left. :shake:

BIG_DADDY 11-14-2012 10:50 AM

Romeo the great disciplinarian, what a joke. Maybe he should have had the team in football condition to start the season instead of being a dance critic at this point.

Hoover 11-14-2012 10:53 AM

If the play wasn't reversed it wouldn't have been such a big deal.

Frankly, I don't think you should be able to penalize a team for celebration if the score is taken away.

Woodchuck 11-14-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou_Zare (Post 9118115)
so now they need a rules coach.

They already have one I guess. Routt was cut for missing curfew.

PhillyChiefFan 11-14-2012 10:58 AM

News flash: Players just don't give a fuck anymore Crennel...

Deberg_1990 11-14-2012 11:00 AM

Id like to see Berry on Dancing with the Stars in the offseason.

Ace Gunner 11-14-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9118159)
They already have one I guess. Routt was cut for missing curfew.

that's a different job. curfew coach is a whole different level.

mdchiefsfan 11-14-2012 11:06 AM

http://media.lockerdome.com/uploads/...b0429117_large

This is allowed though

BoneKrusher 11-14-2012 11:09 AM

Dancing With The Starters

DJ's left nut 11-14-2012 11:09 AM

"We have a young team...."

No, you don't. When Pioli took this team over he had a young team. Unfortunately he hasn't actually added much in the way of young talent to it, so it's mostly just a team of guys that are in their primes and/or soon to be leaving them.

Football is a young man's game. Every single team in the NFL adds new guys in their early 20's every year. The difference between a 'young team' and a 'team with young guys' is that the young team has young players that actually contribute in a meaningful fashion.

This one doesn't. That excuse is horseshit and it just doesn't wash anymore. When Carr, Flowers, Lewis, Bowe, Dorsey, Albert, Pollard, etc... where feeling their way through the league as young starters, it was a 'young team'. Now it's just an aging team with a bunch of shitty draft picks sitting on the bench that happen to be on the right side of 25.

**** these guys so very much.

dallaschiefsfan 11-14-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

“I have no idea,” Crennel said. “It was a surprise to me to see some of those celebrations, per se.

I'm not an English major or anything...but this feels out of place...

bevischief 11-14-2012 11:10 AM

He is in over his head. This is just the latest example. JFC.

bevischief 11-14-2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 9118210)
Dancing With The Starters

ROFL

Fire Me Boy! 11-14-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan (Post 9118212)

Hey Crennel...

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/1...meanswhaty.jpg

Skyy God 11-14-2012 11:12 AM

Lose grimly, said the Battletoad.

DTLB58 11-14-2012 11:15 AM

We all said this would happen when the losing started. A players coach has no control over the asylum.

Bob Dole 11-14-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan (Post 9118212)

Bob Dole doesn't know, per se.

dallaschiefsfan 11-14-2012 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 9118240)
Bob Dole doesn't know, per se.

I guess when you insert a fancy Latin phrase, it makes the rest of your idiotic statement sound smarter...or stupider

Bob Dole 11-14-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan (Post 9118253)
I guess when you insert a fancy Latin phrase, it makes the rest of your idiotic statement sound smarter...or stupider

Sic faciunt omnes

BoneKrusher 11-14-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

i bet theres pet rocks smarter than Pioli/Crennel, just sayin'.

Fire Me Boy! 11-14-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Yes, it does, in flagranti delicto.

Fire Me Boy! 11-14-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 9118260)
i bet theres pet rocks smarter than Pioli/Crennel, just sayin'.

I find subject/verb disagreement in this post ironic.

Warrior5 11-14-2012 11:25 AM

Way to kick ass, RAC! That'll put the fear of Battle Toad into 'em, per se.

:rolleyes:

dallaschiefsfan 11-14-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 9118259)
Sic faciunt omnes

THAT'S what I'm talking about! :clap:

Easy 6 11-14-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9118064)
Matt Cassel's last play Monday night was a turnover. If Quinn isn't ready, Stanzi should get the start. Anything else and Crennel is a liar.

Exactly, **** that.

BoneKrusher 11-14-2012 11:29 AM

Bonjour

RealSNR 11-14-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9118265)
I find subject/verb disagreement in this post ironic.

cave fatuum

RealSNR 11-14-2012 11:30 AM

Crennel's just doing what he can to keep his job ex post facto

BoneKrusher 11-14-2012 11:31 AM

Pepé Le Pew

RealSNR 11-14-2012 11:33 AM

Romani ite domum!

Predarat 11-14-2012 11:50 AM

It really won't matter because they won't score anymore. Though technically when they danced they didn't score because it got taken away.

InChiefsHeaven 11-14-2012 01:57 PM

Not sure if this was posted anywhere...but Tamba and Houston FTW!!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-am/0ap...h-the-starters

Last one, so you can fast forward to like the last minute or so. No mention of the BIG dance however...but hilarious nonetheless.

BlackHelicopters 11-14-2012 01:58 PM

If RAC said it, it must be true. Consistency is his best quality.

Chief Roundup 11-14-2012 02:00 PM

Wait a minute. Is this like when Crennel said Quinn wouldn't be looking over his shoulder with Cassel.
It sure does seem like the Chiefs are doing the opposite of what they say. Hence they must be practicing these dances during "football" practices.

whoman69 11-14-2012 02:17 PM

Houston and Hali could have been penalized on the play where Rothliesberger was hurt. Really?! You're 1-7 and celebrating? Have fun, but don't lose your heads.

milkman 11-14-2012 02:25 PM

I think Hali and Houston were given some leeway on that dance after the sack because they were both in on it.

I also think that, as much as some feel that the officials screwed the Chiefs over, the ref did the Chiefs a favor by stopping DJ from joining into that dance.

gblowfish 11-14-2012 02:27 PM

Romeo's stance on issues is rock solid, like Mitt Romney! Heh...move this sucker to DC!!!

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-14-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9118026)
Romeo will put a sign underneath the PLAY GOOD FOOTBALL one that says NO DANCE PARTIES, K?

LMAO

Good Lord, this team is a joke...

Coogs 11-14-2012 03:06 PM

Chiefs The Dance party’s over for the Chiefs, Crennel says

This seems like such a shame. It was one of the few things we have done this season where the whole team appeared to be on the same page.

RealSNR 11-14-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9118642)
Romeo's stance on issues is rock solid, like Mitt Romney! Heh...move this sucker to DC!!!

Mormons don't believe in dancing, do they? Or do I have them confused with some other group?

Rain Man 11-14-2012 03:11 PM

It's probably been discussed, but those little dance things were both surprising and embarrassing.

They were surprising because they involved a lot of the team leaders. I saw Hali and DJ doing it, for crying out loud. What was up with that?

And they were embarrassing because they were so bad. You can tell we don't make many good plays, because the sack "dance" that Hali and Houston did made me turn my head in shame, and I don't even want to think about what happened after the called-back defensive touchdown.

I was also surprised that we drew a 15-yard penalty for celebration when the reason for celebration was nullified. In thinking about it, I guess it makes sense, but I don't think I've ever seen that happen.

Rain Man 11-14-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

My goodness. By the third quarter we're not going to have 11 players that we can put out onto the field. This may finally be our chance to have a first-round quarterback when Dontari Poe steps behind center.

Coogs 11-14-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9118744)
My goodness. By the third quarter we're not going to have 11 players that we can put out onto the field. This may finally be our chance to have a first-round quarterback when Dontari Poe steps behind center.

He could be alright. It's not like the bar has been set that high.

durtyrute 11-14-2012 03:18 PM

This was their best game of the season?

Rasputin 11-14-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9118211)

No, you don't. When Pioli took this team over he had a young team. Unfortunately he hasn't actually added much in the way of young talent to it, so it's mostly just a team of guys that are in their primes and/or soon to be leaving them.

Football is a young man's game. Every single team in the NFL adds new guys in their early 20's every year. The difference between a 'young team' and a 'team with young guys' is that the young team has young players that actually contribute in a meaningful fashion.

This one doesn't. That excuse is horseshit and it just doesn't wash anymore. When Carr, Flowers, Lewis, Bowe, Dorsey, Albert, Pollard, etc... where feeling their way through the league as young starters, it was a 'young team'. Now it's just an aging team with a bunch of shitty draft picks sitting on the bench that happen to be on the right side of 25.

**** these guys so very much.

This. Wish they would quit saying that too erks me ****. Good post my sentiments exactly.

Reerun_KC 11-14-2012 03:32 PM

Monday Night Meltdown part Duex

Rain Man 11-14-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9118746)
He could be alright. It's not like the bar has been set that high.

Good point. I'm certainly willing to see what he can do.

Woodchuck 11-14-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9118211)

No, you don't. When Pioli took this team over he had a young team. .

Actually we do. We didn't have a single player on the roster over 30 until we signed Sean Smith last week. He is 31. At the beginning of the year, this was a big deal and even talked about nationally. Apparently it hasn't happened very much in the history of the league.

Our biggest weakness is leadership on the field imo. Even more so than QB. Ideally, if we could get a QB who was also a big time leader, we would be in business.

As for Romeo and Pioli using the age thing as an excuse, you can count on it. Pioli even had Looney or one of the other goons write about it at the beginning of the year. This is another one of those deals where Pioli was a step ahead of everyone else imo. Making a big deal about it was calculated.

The Iron Chief 11-14-2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durtyrute (Post 9118751)
This was their best game of the season?

I was thinking the same thing..but then again it was our first lead of the yr.
So that in itself I suppose warrants the comment.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-14-2012 06:42 PM

So if the past is any indicator, DJ will do a spinaroonie after getting a TFL next week then.

Reerun_KC 11-14-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9118827)
Actually we do. We didn't have a single player on the roster over 30 until we signed Sean Smith last week. He is 31. At the beginning of the year, this was a big deal and even talked about nationally. Apparently it hasn't happened very much in the history of the league.

Our biggest weakness is leadership on the field imo. Even more so than QB. Ideally, if we could get a QB who was also a big time leader, we would be in business.

As for Romeo and Pioli using the age thing as an excuse, you can count on it. Pioli even had Looney or one of the other goons write about it at the beginning of the year. This is another one of those deals where Pioli was a step ahead of everyone else imo. Making a big deal about it was calculated.

dude stop repping me, you have the rep power of a dickless rooster...

go away loser.

Sorter 11-14-2012 07:56 PM

LMAOLMAO
Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9119421)

go away loser.

notorious 11-14-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9119421)

go away loser.

It's not the size of the rep, it's how he uses it.

Oh, wait.....

NJChiefsFan 11-14-2012 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9119271)
So if the past is any indicator, DJ will do a spinaroonie after getting a TFL next week then.

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs1/1862011_o.gif

DJ's left nut 11-14-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9118827)

This isn't baseball.

For most of the players on the field, the wall comes well before 30. By 30 yrs old, you're an 'old' team. This team isn't old, but it damn sure isn't young. The entire core of this team is in its prime or leaving it.

That's not a young team.

NJChiefsFan 11-14-2012 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9119456)
This isn't baseball.

For most of the players on the field, the wall comes well before 30. By 30 yrs old, you're an 'old' team. This team isn't old, but it damn sure isn't young. The entire core of this team is in its prime or leaving it.

That's not a young team.

A lot of guys on this team started from day 1. That happens more and more in the NFL, which makes the point about reaching 30 even less indicative or experience. A lot of players on this team have been starting AND in leadership roles for a long enough time.

Easy 6 11-14-2012 08:57 PM

BIG SMIFF shows up and all of a sudden these guys show a little passion and have a little fun with it... weird, isnt it.

Ok, the timing was bad... but i'll be damned if i said that i didnt LOVE to see that... this defense has lacked an emotional heart since the marty days. *ed* the last fumes of magic lasted past marty, Derrick Thomas kept the threat up on Guns bared sleeves.

Obviously, it was much more than Smiths presence, but the timing of things just reminds me of how much a team NEEDS that handful of guys who keep their teammates Irish up.

jspchief 11-14-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

“I have no idea,” Crennel said.
Yes, Romeo. We know.

Never in a million years did I think Crennel's ineptitude would permeate this team so rapidly and glaringly. I may have realized that what he appeared to be in Cleveland was the real thing, but I didn't expect it infect the organization at the rate it has.

Does anything say it more clearly than captains choreographing a celebration that they KNEW would result in a penalty? The Chiefs are a rudderless ship, and the mutiny has begun.

I don't know how anyone could possibly justify retaining Crennel. And with Pioli failing on two HC selections in 4 years, it would be inexcusable for him to keep his job.

TribalElder 11-14-2012 09:57 PM

If the defense scores a touchdown

Do It

http://www.truefitnessfanatic.com/wp...011/05/DDR.jpg

GloryDayz 11-14-2012 10:01 PM

I'm in Dallas again... They do NOT was fat-boy, and I wore my Chiefs shirt and I'm spreading inside information that I'm lloking to bring their HC and QB back to KC... It's fun!

jspchief 11-14-2012 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9119789)
I'm in Dallas again... They do NOT was fat-boy, and I wore my Chiefs shirt and I'm spreading inside information that I'm lloking to bring their HC and QB back to KC... It's fun!

English, mother****er. Do you speak it?