ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports -- URBEX has odd occurrence while exploring California mine - pls. use headphones (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315394)

Simply Red 05-16-2018 09:48 PM

-- URBEX has odd occurrence while exploring California mine - pls. use headphones

Hi Guys,

Pretty interesting in and of itself, Urban Explorer entering California's historic Waldeck Mine.

Bizarre audio returning back from his entry point.

Do you guys think it was edited in? Anyone have any mining experience, first hand?

Any guesses on what you hear?

Is it possible the noises we hear on camera weren't exactly how he heard them, live?

Comments to follow videos from some folks who evidently are/were long time miners.

***PLEASE USE HEADPHONES IF YOU HAVE AVAILABLE***

The Voyage Video#1

Audio Analysis

Miner Comments

I've worked in and out of the coal mines in southern Appalachia quite a bit over the years, and as a former coal miner watching this, there's some things you need to know about working below the Drip Mouth of a mine:
It is quite normal, very normal actually, to hear things back in a mine shaft. Normally you don't hear the noises until it's dinner time when they shut off the machines and everyone sits down at the 'dinner hole' back in the mine, but we all know (as coal miners) that there's more activity going on in the mine besides our activity, and we often choose to ignore it.

It is a common thing to hear things, see lights that aren't supposed to be there, hear voices that aren't supposed to be there, and even see an Orb from time to time. Most of the men who work in the mine accept it and just go about their job, though I admit, it gets creepy back in the shaft when you're very far down in to the mountain sometimes. I never feared it because other miners were always right there with me, and there's safety in numbers - most of the time.

We had an unfortunate accident in one of our mines years ago, and a miner lost his life when the shaft he was working in collapsed in on him. We called in rescue and tried to get him out, but he was so far back into the shaft with his equipment, we couldn't get to him. He died back there, and it was a tragic horrible accident. The mine company (Eastern) decided to just brick up that part of the shaft and leave him in there, and to this day he is in the shaft, though passed on, and entombed in the mine.

Our dinner hole was close to the entrance of that shaft, though it was bricked over, and I admit.. There were times.. yes, you could almost 'hear' that man back in that shaft hitting the wall with a chisel of some kind, or a hammer. I was far from the only one to hear that, and the grown men, family men, who I had my dinner with at 3am back in the mine would get a little frightened at times. We moved our dinner hole after a while because it was too unsettling to eat there for most of us.

We would often see Orbs just fly by out of nowhere down the mine shaft, and there was never a shift that I wasn't glad to see the dawn of the morning and I'd get out of the mine. It's scary enough down there, not knowing if each shift will be your last, and I was never 'really afraid,' but there were times, I confess, it was just eerie down in the mountain, and none of us miners ever felt alone down there. The mine I am referring to is now completely closed and shut down, and has been for well over a decade, but I often think of that man who is still buried back under the mountain, and I wonder if he is still Tommyknocking on the walls back there.
- from southern West Virginia.

Any thoughts CP?

MVChiefFan 05-16-2018 09:52 PM

This doesn’t seem nice... AT ALL!!!

Simply Red 05-16-2018 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVChiefFan (Post 13559116)
This doesn’t seem nice... AT ALL!!!

No jump scares - I promise you - but it's super interesting and creepy as hell.

Simply Red 05-16-2018 10:12 PM

let's keep this atop the lounge - as it'll be a slow-burning thread (due to the labor required to adequately analyze/read) - I've never been more interested in CP's feedback as I am with this goldmine (pardon the pun)

Plus I'm an attention whore.

Why Not? 05-16-2018 10:19 PM

Interesting. Definitely creepy. But even the Miner in the article talks about hearing voices that aren't there and things of that nature. I think its most likely just a weird sound in a mine. Definitely don't think it's the ghost of Chester Copperpot or whoever died down there because I don't think that ghost would sound like Harry Potter when he talks as a serpent. Oh and also I don't believe in ghosts.

Simply Red 05-16-2018 10:19 PM

another user comment on the YT analysis video #2

ScienceoftheSupernatural
5 months ago
If you compare these times to the original video...
@ 11:26 reviewer mentions getting through as " fast " as possible. Stops then turns around
@12:08 a whispering sound is nearly unintelligible. Sounds like "There you are. Move along"
@12:12 reviewer stops leaving "fast" and shines a light toward the strange sounds emanating from the area behind him.
@12:13 the whisper says "Turn the lights off"
@12:18 the voice says "Get outside now. Turn faster! " The vidiographer is leaving too slow for voice's preference.
@12:30 "Shut it off! " is repeated at least four times very loudly in comparison to other statements it made.
@12:41 "You can't see me I'm a shadow. " videographer says 'no' then "I'm a shadow"
@12:47 "I said go". The light is apparently painful to disembodied spirits.
@12:57 It clearly says " get outside, go outside or i will set you on fire' "

The spirit, if real, is not friendly. I have no reason to doubt it is real. He either caught real EVPs or he is a great actor. If the EVPs are real, great evidence for disembodied spirits that hide in dark, deserted cave systems. If the EVPs are fake, he are a master entertainer. Cheers

TribalElder 05-16-2018 10:20 PM

Is there a video or interpretive dance of the words in visual form

Overlooked the video LMAO

Simply Red 05-16-2018 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 13559143)
Is there a video or interpretive dance of the words in visual form

Overlooked the video LMAO

the analysis video i word wrapped in link two will be the closest thing - it's a half-assed analysis by an amateur. He did a good job for not being an expert (i thought) - but yeah click that second word-wrapped link.

Simply Red 05-16-2018 10:32 PM

by the way Loochy this is right by Lake Tahoe. :eek::eek:

loochy 05-17-2018 04:41 AM

I should visit this place right after I hit up Lobb Cemetery.

TambaBerry 05-17-2018 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 13559231)
I should visit this place right after I hit up Lobb Cemetery.

i went to lobb cemetery and nothing weird happened. I have a post on here about it.

Also, thanks for posting this even if it is fake i love this kind of shit

Nickel D 05-17-2018 05:44 AM

I definitely heard "Yanny".

Simply Red 05-17-2018 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 13559243)
i went to lobb cemetery and nothing weird happened. I have a post on here about it.

Also, thanks for posting this even if it is fake i love this kind of shit

Glad you liked it - There's another one called The Horton Mine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickel D (Post 13559245)
I definitely heard "Yanny".

Nice.

scho63 05-17-2018 07:04 AM

I imagine that with the Earth's plates constantly moving and shifting, the complete silence and darkness heighten the senses and you hear every creak and movement with sound traveling well underground.

Simply Red 05-17-2018 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 13559305)
I imagine that with the Earth's plates constantly moving and shifting, the complete silence and darkness heighten the senses and you hear every creak and movement with sound traveling well underground.

definitely could be.