ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop Wow this tv lasted a whole year (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=242695)

R8RFAN 03-14-2011 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 7489605)
I don't disagree with that. It's really not a big deal though. When I make the payment online, I just change the due date. That's really all it takes.

To be clear, though, my philosophic difference with R8ers is much more about the "never use credit cards" idea (due to the rewards and benefits) than the "when to pay your credit card bill in the course of the month." The latter is a matter of pocket change. The former can be very significant.

I have 3 accounts
1 savings and 2 debit accounts one online one brick and mortar, direct deposit goes to brick and mortar
I have 1 credit card, if I do not have enough cash in either of the two debits and it's after hours I will use the credit card. I think I used it twice last year and one was for this broke TV BUT IT WAS PAID IN FULL AS SOON AS THE BILL HIT THE MAILBOX.

If someone is barely making enough to pay of the credit cards a month, it's very easy to get into the habit of letting this or that slide til next month, when this happens a man may be more likely to take a day off from work here and there and let that slide at the end of the month too... Before long, the man is up to his ass in debt and blaming the banks for the interest rates...

Rewards are great as long as you are not going into debt to get them...

R8RFAN 03-14-2011 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 7489171)
Gotcha. Seems like a lot to me, but having that credit there in an emergency situation would be nice.

Good to have that credit if you need it but better to have the cash if you need it and then you don't have to pay it back to a bank.

DaFace 03-14-2011 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 7489942)
I have 3 accounts
1 savings and 2 debit accounts one online one brick and mortar, direct deposit goes to brick and mortar
I have 1 credit card, if I do not have enough cash in either of the two debits and it's after hours I will use the credit card. I think I used it twice last year and one was for this broke TV BUT IT WAS PAID IN FULL AS SOON AS THE BILL HIT THE MAILBOX.

If someone is barely making enough to pay of the credit cards a month, it's very easy to get into the habit of letting this or that slide til next month, when this happens a man may be more likely to take a day off from work here and there and let that slide at the end of the month too... Before long, the man is up to his ass in debt and blaming the banks for the interest rates...

Rewards are great as long as you are not going into debt to get them...

No arguments. I've said all along that you have to be careful with them and that many people would be much better off going cash only. My point all along has simply been that they can have their benefits for those don't spend more than they can immediately pay off.

R8RFAN 03-14-2011 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 7490056)
No arguments. I've said all along that you have to be careful with them and that many people would be much better off going cash only. My point all along has simply been that they can have their benefits for those don't spend more than they can immediately pay off.

Some, maybe you have done your homework and will never abuse them, for every one of you I bet there are 20 that have no idea how to manage debt and can and will get themselves in a financial pickle virtually overnight with credit cards...

They do not teach these kids anything in school anymore about debt, have them take out student loans of 100k for jobs that pay 30k a year...

At one time I was one of those who got up to my ass in credit card debt which eventually eroded the relationship with my first wife. I was very young and stupid.... Never did anything today that I could put off until tomorrow.

Stewie 03-14-2011 03:57 PM

It appears Sanyo has a good reliability record. Maybe you got a lemon.

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/3843/lcdtv.jpg

R8RFAN 03-14-2011 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 7490119)

Probably, I had it on a spike protector too... I am now watching a 32 inch tv instead of a 52, they told me I probably would not get my tv back for 2 weeks :banghead:

Mr. Laz 03-14-2011 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PostRockPablo (Post 7488267)
Samsung.

You won't regret it.

like my Samsung too

R8RFAN 03-14-2011 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 7490161)
like my Samsung too

I guarantee it will be my next one. :thumb:

rageeumr 03-14-2011 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 7490119)

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/3843/lcdtv.jpg

Nice to see. I picked up a 50" Sanyo Plasma on BF for $500. It's only 720p, but it's my family room TV, not my mancave TV.

R8RFAN 04-13-2011 04:56 PM

Got the TV back 3/27/11 TV dead again same issue 04/13/11
Any ideas? Tv is still barely under warranty

Valiant 04-13-2011 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debtfreeandproud! (Post 7490147)
Probably, I had it on a spike protector too... I am now watching a 32 inch tv instead of a 52, they told me I probably would not get my tv back for 2 weeks :banghead:

Those are fine for blackouts and big surges.. But most do not cover brown outs which happen a lot.. Basically if you turn on the dishwasher and the house lights dim, you get a brownout..

Well that is at least what I had learned..
The only thing that stops them is a ac/dc/ac (ups??) but honestly most of them cost a good penny.. So damned if you do, damned if you dont..

R8RFAN 04-13-2011 05:52 PM

Ok what would you do?

Get it fixed then sell it, diclosing it has been in the shop twice for the same problem..
Get it fixed and use it til the warranty runs out then if it blows out again, just trash it
Or
Try out the new glock on it with video camera, upload it to youtube and share it withe the members of CP.

SAUTO 04-13-2011 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debtfreeandproud! (Post 7490167)
I guarantee it will be my next one. :thumb:

My mitsubishi blows them away imo
Posted via Mobile Device