ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Better Than Geno (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270357)

Direckshun 02-24-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9432793)
In a different situation at QB, I'd be fine with taking another pass rusher. But as much as we don't think so, there is probably some business side to this decision. Taking a guy first overall, who isn't an everydown difference maker, isn't going to be met with alot of joy.

With Richardsons background I have a really hard time taking him at 1.

I'd also say, when you add positional value to some of these guys, I think that makes a better case for a QB.

Personally, I think you have some of your DL guys too high, as well as Milliner and Banks. I'm not taking a CB at 1, when I can get one at 34 who has equal skill.

I think the combine showed, along with what pro days will show, that there is a significant gap between the top QB maybe 2 depending on Barkley, and the rest of the crop.

Looking at just the ticket-selling angle of things, I think Geno Smith would be the biggest boon to business, hands down.

Don't know if it'd be the best football decision, but there's that.

the Talking Can 02-24-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9432821)
All players are risks in some form, and honestly if he's that big of a risk, he's not on my Top 15. I usually don't like boom/bust players as much as I do high-floor guys. Which puts me at odds with much of ChiefsPlanet, but my preferences are my preferences.

I'm just saying, all things being equal, most of us would probably take JJ Watt over Donovan McNabb. I may be wrong about that, but I think the board is skewed this year because of how insanely starving we've been for a franchise QB. But that doesn't noodle with my calculations as much as it does other folks here.

I do not see a Super Bowl winner in Geno Smith. I do see a world class bully of offensive lines in a few defensive players.

who in their right mind would take Watt over McNabb?

that's so ass backwards...

Direckshun 02-24-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9432812)
And I just don't think Werner fits out defense. I don't like him standing up at OLB. IMO, he's a 43 DE.

Joeckel is losing ground to Fisher, who I would actually rather us take at 1 if we are taking a LT.

I'm high on Werner, but I'd like to see him perform in the Combine first.

If he breaks 4.7, he's in our wheelhouse.

Fair point on Fisher.

Direckshun 02-24-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9432831)
who in their right mind would take Watt over McNabb?

that's so ass backwards...

I would. Watt has Hall of Fame potential.

McNabb, I think, is the comparison I would draw to Geno.

KCrockaholic 02-24-2013 04:02 PM

If Jarvis Jones was healthy I'd have him above Geno as a prospect.

But Werner is the only pass rusher I'd put above Geno. I don't like Moore.

PaulAllen 02-24-2013 04:03 PM

QB biggest need on team: Check

Geno best QB in draft: Check

Chiefs with #1 pick: Check

I dont see the problem here...

Direckshun 02-24-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9432849)
If Jarvis Jones was healthy I'd have him above Geno as a prospect.

But Werner is the only pass rusher I'd put above Geno. I don't like Moore.

I've read that teams are absolutely hating Jarvis Jones. I've taken him out of 1st round consideration entirely.

O.city 02-24-2013 04:04 PM

Preface this by saying I'm high on Geno than you are. But with that, I don't think you are quit playing positional value into your rankings here.

And frankly, I'm tired of playing it the way we have. I'd rather take a chance on a QB who might have more risk attached than a DL who has less.

And as much as you like him, after talking to MU guys, I'm pretty much taking Richardson off the board.

KCrockaholic 02-24-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9432839)

What if we pretended Geno was McNabb. Then ask yourself if you'd take any of those guys over McNabb.

KCrockaholic 02-24-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9432856)
I've read that teams are absolutely hating Jarvis Jones. I've taken him out of 1st round consideration entirely.

I'm not sure why that would be. He's undersized, but with the right team he fits. And I think teams hating Jones has more to do with his spinal issue than his game film.

O.city 02-24-2013 04:06 PM

And Moore just did 13 reps on bench at the combine. Thats probably not working out well for him.

the Talking Can 02-24-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9432839)

the point isn't to acquire hall of famers....its to find a franchise QB

chiefs are a perfect ****ing example of what hall of famers that are not/sans QBs get you

you and i live on different planets

Direckshun 02-24-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9432857)
Preface this by saying I'm high on Geno than you are. But with that, I don't think you are quit playing positional value into your rankings here.

And frankly, I'm tired of playing it the way we have. I'd rather take a chance on a QB who might have more risk attached than a DL who has less.

In my OP, I totally ignored positional value. So there's that.

I think people are getting too much of a confirmation bias with Geno. A bunch of folks watch his highlights but ignore the score of lowlights he has up. For every brilliant game, there's games where the offense collapses. For every great throw, there's a pass that falls five yards out of bounds.

I really like Geno and like everybody else, I'm starved for a QB and I want us to draft one.

But this fanbase is getting its hopes up waaaaay too high on this guy.

Direckshun 02-24-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9432864)
I think teams hating Jones has more to do with his spinal issue than his game film.

That's exactly why, apparently.

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9432865)
And Moore just did 13 reps on bench at the combine. Thats probably not working out well for him.

Yup. But give him a full season in NFL strength and conditioning.

Direckshun 02-24-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9432868)
the point isn't to acquire hall of famers....its to find a franchise QB

chiefs are a perfect ****ing example of what hall of famers that are not/sans QBs get you

you and i live on different planets

And the Browns are a perfect example of taking QBs in the 1st round with huge question marks, over and over and over again.

I don't want us to be the Browns.