ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Star Wars Episode VIII SPOILERS thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=297754)

Predarat 12-12-2017 02:58 PM

This is looking promising. They should give He Who Shall Not Be Named Clay access to this thread and this thread only sometime this weekend.

tomahawk kid 12-12-2017 02:58 PM

After reading some of the leaks and plot summaries, I went from “I want to be sure to get tickets for Friday Night” to, “ I’ll probably wait for the PPV / Digital Download”.

Apparently, Johnson “turning the story on its ear” translates to “going full on idiot”.

The leaks I read (supposedly verified by 2-3 sources) sounds like full on fan fic trash.

KC_Lee 12-12-2017 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13278569)
There is one minor spoiler in this so don't click it if you're afraid. I have picked out the best lines.

Star Wars has changed forever

I clicked and read the review. Nothing specific given away but avoid it if you want a "pure" viewing experience.

ShiftyEyedWaterboy 12-12-2017 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomahawk kid (Post 13279020)
After reading some of the leaks and plot summaries, I went from “I want to be sure to get tickets for Friday Night” to, “ I’ll probably wait for the PPV / Digital Download”.

Apparently, Johnson “turning the story on its ear” translates to “going full on idiot”.

The leaks I read (supposedly verified by 2-3 sources) sounds like full on fan fic trash.

That was my first impression but I only saw fairly small blurbs giving the major points. I don't think there's a single SW film that wouldn't sound like trash written like that. "Kermit trains farmboy into badass shaolin monk guy. He fights the bad guy, whoops his ass, and quits. Then the one bad guy (now a good guy) throws the other bad guy down a hole. The End." See what I mean? That's basically what's been floating around reddit.

Look at the positive reviews. I'm gonna see it before I judge.

tomahawk kid 12-12-2017 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy (Post 13279034)
That was my first impression but I only saw fairly small blurbs giving the major points. I don't think there's a single SW film that wouldn't sound like trash written like that. "Kermit trains farmboy into badass shaolin monk guy. He fights the bad guy, whoops his ass, and quits. Then the one bad guy (now a good guy) throws the other bad guy down a hole. The End." See what I mean? That's basically what's been floating around reddit.

Look at the positive reviews. I'm gonna see it before I judge.

I totally get your point, and I know the leak you’re referring to.

Since that initial, poorly written take - I’ve read some fairly well articulated ones that convey the same major plot points.

There’s 2-3 things in there I just can’t reconcile. I’d just assume save the $30.

ShiftyEyedWaterboy 12-12-2017 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomahawk kid (Post 13279049)
I totally get your point, and I know the leak you’re referring to.

Since that initial, poorly written take - I’ve read some fairly well articulated ones that convey the same major plot points.

There’s 2-3 things in there I just can’t reconcile. I’d just assume save the $30.

There's really only one thing that sounds really bad to me. It jives with everything from a canon/lore perspective but it just sounds utterly ridiculous. MAJOR SPOILERS
Spoiler!
Another bit would be disappointing but not too bad.
Spoiler!
The other stuff I can live with if its done right.
Spoiler!

A lot of these moves kinda depend on how things go with IX, IMHO. I get your trepidation, though.

tomahawk kid 12-12-2017 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy (Post 13279068)
There's really only one thing that sounds really bad to me. It jives with everything from a canon/lore perspective but it just sounds utterly ridiculous. MAJOR SPOILERS
Spoiler!
Another bit would be disappointing but not too bad.
Spoiler!
The other stuff I can live with if its done right.
Spoiler!

A lot of these moves kinda depend on how things go with IX, IMHO. I get your trepidation, though.

Yes - nailed it. Your 3rd spoiler is completely stupid and ridiculous to me, followed closely by the 1st. RJ should be kicked in the teeth for even writing this trash.

Th second doesn’t bother me as much, although there seemed to be build up to a backstory. Ultimately it appears that RJ decided to ignore that.

RobBlake 12-12-2017 03:34 PM

If people come out of this nitpicking little things then that’s great success. I have high hopes for an entertaining film. Rogue one was good but lacked slightly and def felt Netflix level release instead of major screen of that makes sense? Idk I’m stoked

ShiftyEyedWaterboy 12-12-2017 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomahawk kid (Post 13279093)
Yes - nailed it. Your 3rd spoiler is completely stupid and ridiculous to me, followed closely by the 1st. RJ should be kicked in the teeth for even writing this trash.

Th second doesn’t bother me as much, although there seemed to be build up to a backstory. Ultimately it appears that RJ decided to ignore that.

We'll see how its handled. I've seen people calling it ridiculous and others saying it was great/done well.

EDIT:
Spoiler!

tomahawk kid 12-12-2017 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobBlake (Post 13279095)
If people come out of this nitpicking little things then that’s great success. I have high hopes for an entertaining film. Rogue one was good but lacked slightly and def felt Netflix level release instead of major screen of that makes sense? Idk I’m stoked

I really enjoyed Rogue One.

I hope I’m wrong about TLJ.

The Franchise 12-12-2017 03:45 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-GDePdDOFiE" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hammock Parties 12-12-2017 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predarat (Post 13279017)
This is looking promising. They should give He Who Shall Not Be Named Clay access to this thread and this thread only sometime this weekend.

What? Who the **** do you think I am?

Hammock Parties 12-12-2017 04:42 PM

https://i.redd.it/q7aewoyfpj301.jpg

Bowser 12-12-2017 04:44 PM

LMAO

DaneMcCloud 12-12-2017 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobBlake (Post 13279095)

No, this makes no sense at all