ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Johnny Manziel (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272788)

Deberg_1990 05-05-2013 10:01 AM

Geno Torreta, Eric Crouch and Jason White approve this thread!
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefshrink 05-05-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 9658733)
Cam Newton had a sophomore slump and will be back really good next year,

Nah, I think Cam is what he is and he is his own worst enemy because he like Geno thinks he has arrived and will continue to be very inconsistent due to his lack of work ethic in the film and academic part of the game that Brady,Manning,Brees,RGIII, etc...... all have. Geno will be the uglier version of Cam in the future. Count on it !:thumb:

LoneWolf 05-05-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9658761)
No way. Next year it's time to take the safe DL stud, like Glen Dorsey.

Or the big, physical WR. KC has selected two of those recently in the first round.

duncan_idaho 05-05-2013 10:05 AM

In all seriousness, on Manziel... if he carves up the SEC, again, this year, I will start to believe he might make it in the NFL.

There's a big difference between a guy like Tebow, who dominated with physical ability, running ability and will, and a guy like Manziel, who dominated with escapability, play extension, and hurt teams just as much with his arm as his legs.

Chiefshrink 05-05-2013 10:06 AM

The "Heisman" is just a reminder it's college football and not to get to excited for obvious reasons.

Hog's Gone Fishin 05-05-2013 10:07 AM

He's the ONLY FRESHMAN to ever win the Heisman Bitches ! That means he's awesome !

Seriously I really enjoy watching him play not like any other college player ever. I don't even like college football, but he's ****ing fun to watch. I just hope he does equally well this year and translates his game successfully to the NFL.

gotta go back to work . I'll check in with you whiny bitches later.

Chiefshrink 05-05-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9658775)
In all seriousness, on Manziel... if he carves up the SEC, again, this year, I will start to believe he might make it in the NFL.

There's a big difference between a guy like Tebow, who dominated with physical ability, running ability and will, and a guy like Manziel, who dominated with escapability, play extension, and hurt teams just as much with his arm as his legs.

The upper echelon of the SEC "will be ready this year" for Johnny I assure you.

LoneWolf 05-05-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9658779)
He's the ONLY FRESHMAN to ever win the Heisman Bitches ! That means he's awesome !

Seriously I really enjoy watching him play not like any other college player ever. I don't even like college football, but he's ****ing fun to watch. I just hope he does equally well this year and translates his game successfully to the NFL.

I think Manziel winning the Heisman this year is more of an indication of the true suckatude of this years QB class than anything. A MLB and a TE playing QB were the other finalists for ****s sake.

Chiefshrink 05-05-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9658779)

He is a 6ft Doug Flutie(with more quickness) with less of an arm but I get your point about being totally entertained watching him play.

duncan_idaho 05-05-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9658786)
The upper echelon of the SEC "will be ready this year" for Johnny I assure you.

Alabama and Nick Saban hosted Manziel in the 11th game of the season. I don't think there were many secrets left at that point.

I'm sure defenses will focus on stopping him, but everybody was doing that by midseason last year, too. With little success.

Hammock Parties 05-05-2013 10:26 AM

He's such a fluke. He'll be a terrible pro.

threebag 05-05-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9658787)
I think Manziel winning the Heisman this year is more of an indication of the true suckatude of this years QB class than anything. A MLB and a TE playing QB were the other finalists for ****s sake.

A whole lot of this.

Even though Geno was the awesome. LMAO

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 05-05-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9658726)
Winning the Heisman is the last thing anyone should look at to gauge the future success of a college QB. Here's a list of Heisman winning QBs since 1990:

Ty Detmer, Gino Torretta, Charlie Ward, Danny Wuerffell, Chris Weinke, Eric Crouch, Carson Palmer, Jason White, Matt Leinert, Troy Smith, Tim Tebow, Sam Bradford, Cam Newton, RGIII, and Johnny Manziel.

That's a huge collection of suckage, with only RGIII looking like a sure elite QB.

This would be a great post if we were talking about AJ McCarron winning the Heisman. Miami, Florida State, OU, USC, tOSU, Florida are all traditional powers. QB is an important position. Combine the two and you get a lot of Heisman bias for underwhelming talents. The exceptions are Detmer, Newton, and RGIII. A&M is A&M... Not any of those schools listed.

highBOLTage 05-05-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9658748)
I haven't seen enough of Manziel to have any opinion about his future as an NFL player.

I love ya, HF, but throwing out a Heisman as though it's some sort of indicator of NFL potential is a really stupid play.

I only saw him play a couple times, but I was very impressed with his accuracy. That's the number one thing I look for in a QB. That he can move is a bonus.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 05-05-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9658806)
He's such a fluke. He'll be a terrible pro.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...el#post9103792

Apparently you changed your mind somewhere in the 2.5 games he played against Sam Houston, Missouri, and OU. Impressive flip-flop