ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   *****OFFICIAL 2013 CP Mock Draft***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271256)

RealSNR 03-20-2013 12:24 PM

I like Poyer better than Slay, but it still shouldn't be considered that much of a reach. Either player is starting-calibre, which is still a great player at the top of the 2nd round by any measure.

The Franchise 03-20-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapist (Post 9516086)
I like Poyer better than Slay, but it still shouldn't be considered that much of a reach. Either player is starting-calibre, which is still a great player at the top of the 2nd round by any measure.

I was deciding between Poyer, Slay and Amerson.

crazycoffey 03-20-2013 12:51 PM

Shit, a run at CBs

Direckshun 03-20-2013 02:27 PM

More like a run on reaches.

Nightfyre 03-20-2013 02:47 PM

Man the 9ers are pissed off at this run on CBs.

DJ's left nut 03-20-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9516352)
Man the 9ers are pissed off at this run on CBs.

If they had a brain in their heads they'd go ahead and sign Sam Shields. I think it would cost them their 2nd, which is more than worth getting a good young CB like Shields.

Or worst case scenario is that they force GB to pony up to sign him.

The Franchise 03-20-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9516305)

*cough* Justin Hunter *cough*

Nightfyre 03-20-2013 03:26 PM

It seems like there should be better value here - but I am just going to have to go for it - The 49ers draft Margus Hunt, DE, SMU

The dude is a bonafide freak who should get some of the best coaching in SF giving them some additional depth which is clearly needed in the event Justin Smith gets injured.

DeezNutz 03-20-2013 03:26 PM

I was hoping that Rhodes or Eifert would make his way to Denver's spot, and Trufant was indeed a consideration. But I'm just not sold on the DT/DE options late in the first.

What say you, gents? Also, I'm interested in the overall views of Lacy. I see him as beastly, just as I did last year when he was relieving Richardson.

Nightfyre 03-20-2013 03:29 PM

I did a stupid amount of hand wringing over my last pick. I literally must have typed 6 different names and then changed my mind. And I considered probably a dozen players.

Mr. Flopnuts 03-20-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9516455)
It seems like there should be better value here - but I am just going to have to go for it - The 49ers draft Margus Hunt, DE, SMU

The dude is a bonafide freak who should get some of the best coaching in SF giving them some additional depth which is clearly needed in the event Justin Smith gets injured.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9516466)
I did a stupid amount of hand wringing over my last pick. I literally must have typed 6 different names and then changed my mind. And I considered probably a dozen players.

I only considered two. And you took one of them. So that makes my pick very easy. The Eagles are transitioning into a 3-4 defense which as Direckshun pointed out earlier is an incredibly difficult and tedious task. Since Sheriff Floyd was already gone for our first round selection, the Philadelphia Eagles select Sylvester Williams DE from North Carolina with their 2nd round selection.

I really like this kids motor, and while I know he's had some issues, Chip Kelly is a great guy to get the most out of this kid. We're going to slide him to the end position and let him hold down the fort. There were tons of other guys who I thought would be here for this pick, but they started falling off early, and often. Overall though, I believe the Eagles get a guy that will probably be drafted in the 1st round of the real draft. I'll PM the next mocker.

DJ's left nut 03-20-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9516476)
I only considered two. And you took one of them. So that makes my pick very easy. The Eagles are transitioning into a 3-4 defense which as Direckshun pointed out earlier is an incredibly difficult and tedious task. Since Sheriff Floyd was already gone for our first round selection, the Philadelphia Eagles select Sylvester Williams DE from North Carolina with their 2nd round selection.

I really like this kids motor, and while I know he's had some issues, Chip Kelly is a great guy to get the most out of this kid. We're going to slide him to the end position and let him hold down the fort. There were tons of other guys who I thought would be here for this pick, but they started falling off early, and often. Overall though, I believe the Eagles get a guy that will probably be drafted in the 1st round of the real draft. I'll PM the next mocker.

Idiot.

Everyone knows that you have to take your 5-tech in the top 5.

Titty Meat 03-20-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9516305)

Banks isn't a reach moron.

Sfeihc 03-20-2013 03:56 PM

As usual the Leos have more holes than a block of aged Swiss cheese. With their 2nd round pick the Detroit Lions select Arthur Brown, LB, KSU.

Mr. Flopnuts 03-20-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9516510)
Idiot.

Everyone knows that you have to take your 5-tech in the top 5.

:facepalm: I'm a dumbass. I just don't have enough Pioli training...