ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Electronics Galaxy Note 2 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264202)

candyman 02-09-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9387393)
Sprint.

I paid $300 a little over a month ago.

From sprint? I checked a couple weeks ago and it was 300 from sprint then went to amamazon and got it for a hundred bucks less. Its been 199 on Amazon for quite some time according to some people at xda

The Franchise 02-09-2013 02:40 PM

Yeah....directly from Sprint.

BWillie 02-09-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulAllen (Post 9381708)
When you have the video playing you should see a square in the upper right corner, just tap it.

Still cant figure this out. Not working for me.

WilliamTheIrish 02-11-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candyman (Post 9389618)
From sprint? I checked a couple weeks ago and it was 300 from sprint then went to amamazon and got it for a hundred bucks less. Its been 199 on Amazon for quite some time according to some people at xda

99$ if you're a new customer at Sprint. I found it for $199. I'm now waiting for Amazon wireless to drop it like they do for a day or two and use that at Best Buy for the price match.

C'mon people. I know there are more Note2 owners out there. Tell me what you like and don't like about it.

Great Expectations 02-11-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 9390601)
Still cant figure this out. Not working for me.

You probably need to turn the split screen option on.

candyman 02-11-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamInnerCircle (Post 9393441)
99$ if you're a new customer at Sprint. I found it for $199. I'm now waiting for Amazon wireless to drop it like they do for a day or two and use that at Best Buy for the price match.

C'mon people. I know there are more Note2 owners out there. Tell me what you like and don't like about it.

Ive been a customer for two years so I had to pay the $199.

Ive had it for a week or so. I love the screen, love the size...doesn't bother me at all in my pocket, and love how snappy it is. Has never lagged on me once. The only real complaint I have is for some reason when I reply to a text it starts me off with a "space". It doesn't do it if I go to text someone myself, only when I reply. Also swiftkey doesn't work right with it, half the time the word prediction and auto correct doesn't work so I'm forced to use the Samsung keyboard. I guess that's more the fault of the app than the phone. Not a big fan of the home button either, I wish it were a softkey. And I have never used the stylus once, and doubt I ever will. Besides these minor annoyances its a great phone.

EDIT: Oh yeah one more thing...I also cant stand how the enter key on the keyboard is so close to the "back" softkey. When im trying to leave a text Im constantly accidentally hitting the enter key and back at the same time, causing me to save a draft text. This is probably the biggest annoyance of all.

WilliamTheIrish 02-11-2013 07:50 PM

Down to $169.00 on amazon wireless today. I'll wait until it drops to 99.

PaulAllen 02-11-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candyman (Post 9393628)
Ive been a customer for two years so I had to pay the $199.

Ive had it for a week or so. I love the screen, love the size...doesn't bother me at all in my pocket, and love how snappy it is. Has never lagged on me once. The only real complaint I have is for some reason when I reply to a text it starts me off with a "space". It doesn't do it if I go to text someone myself, only when I reply. Also swiftkey doesn't work right with it, half the time the word prediction and auto correct doesn't work so I'm forced to use the Samsung keyboard. I guess that's more the fault of the app than the phone. Not a big fan of the home button either, I wish it were a softkey. And I have never used the stylus once, and doubt I ever will. Besides these minor annoyances its a great phone.

EDIT: Oh yeah one more thing...I also cant stand how the enter key on the keyboard is so close to the "back" softkey. When im trying to leave a text Im constantly accidentally hitting the enter key and back at the same time, causing me to save a draft text. This is probably the biggest annoyance of all.

Download swype beta. Use it for about a week to get used to it, and then thank me for the rest of your life.

candyman 02-12-2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulAllen (Post 9394967)
Download swype beta. Use it for about a week to get used to it, and then thank me for the rest of your life.

Is it different than the swype the phone comes with? Its hard to swype with one hand.

PaulAllen 02-12-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candyman (Post 9396270)
Is it different than the swype the phone comes with? Its hard to swype with one hand.

Yes it's different, the stock keyboard Swype sucks.

Swype is made for one handed typing. I can't even fathom using two hands to type anymore.

WoodDraw 02-12-2013 01:28 PM

What version of android is the note on? I find the latest stock jb keyboard to be pretty decent.

WilliamTheIrish 02-12-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WoodDraw (Post 9396605)
What version of android is the note on? I find the latest stock jb keyboard to be pretty decent.

jellybean i think

Great Expectations 02-12-2013 04:08 PM

I like the jb better than swype. I like the numbers at the top and quicker access to punctuation marks.

candyman 02-12-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulAllen (Post 9396469)
Yes it's different, the stock keyboard Swype sucks.

Swype is made for one handed typing. I can't even fathom using two hands to type anymore.

Hard to do with your thumb is what I meant. At least for my fat thumbs

BWillie 02-13-2013 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 9393591)
You probably need to turn the split screen option on.

How du yu do that. Please halp.