ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Andy Reid seems to think all Tackles are created equal . . . (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272736)

keg in kc 05-04-2013 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 9656372)
Don't disagree with you at all on the Alex Smith decision and whether that is what was best for the franchise long term.

But it was the decision the Chiefs brass made, so going into the draft we had to play cards with the hand we had . . . .

I would have much rather kept the #34, signed a veteran stopgap familiar with the system for a couple years, while Reid groomed whatever young-QB-in-waiting to be ready to take over by 2015, if not 2014.

Then there's no point at all in discussing Geno Smith at any point in the draft, much less at 1.1. Because there was zero possibility that they were taking any QB with any pick on the first two days of this draft as soon as the trade for Alex Smith was made. And that's the reason it has never really been an issue of "Geno or Fisher". It's always been an issue of "Geno or Alex".

HMc 05-04-2013 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 9656358)
You really need to go back in the thread and read my posts from earlier.
I explained my position very clearly:

Summary:

This is, for all intents an purposes, a weak QB class. Most NFL scouts concur with that assessment. Most scouts also believe Bray has a ceiling as high as ANYONE in this draft. But, obviously, his floor is much lower. Which is why he went undrafted.

Therefore, since the goal is to get a high ceiling guy and for him to realize his potential; I would much rather the Chiefs sign a guy like Bray as an UDFA, then draft a guy like Geno, who offers roughly the same ceiling, and additionally costs you a high draft pick. Further, since the Chiefs don't have a second round pick, the only way they could have drafted Geno would have been to spend 1.1 on him. And, IMO (and many other NFL scouts opinions), that would have been a HUGE reach and not good value for the pick.

If Geno was still sitting there in the 4th round and the Chiefs wanted to pull the trigger on him then, I could have lived with that also. But he wasn't and they didn't.

That's about as succinctly as I can explain my position. Again, if you need additional clarification, read back through the thread . . . .

Your brokedick analysis appears to assume the following:
  • that Geno offers "roughly the same ceiling" as Bray [citation required];
  • that players either hit their ceiling or fall to the floor [citation required];and
  • all players have the same % chance of hitting their ceiling or falling to the floor.
The reason no team was even willing to spend even a 7 on Bray is that they all formed the view that there is barely a snowflake's shot in hell of him being productive in the NFL. All this "high ceiling" shit is down to him having a big arm and that's it. The QB is the most important position on the field. If there's a guy there in the 7th that has even a 5% chance of being better than the guys taken at 16 and 39, you take him.

Your explanation has been neither clear nor succint - it changes every 2nd post. The only point you've actually made is that you are glad the chiefs didn't spend the 1.1 on Smith. Which is useless really since if they had, he wouldn't have dropped, and we'd all be talking about how he wouldn't have made it past the jaguars at number 2.

TomBarndtsTwin 05-04-2013 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMc (Post 9656379)
Your brokedick analysis appears to assume the following:
  • that Geno offers "roughly the same ceiling" as Bray [citation required];
  • that players either hit their ceiling or fall to the floor [citation required];and
  • all players have the same % chance of hitting their ceiling or falling to the floor.
The reason no team was even willing to spend even a 7 on Bray is that they all formed the view that there is barely a snowflake's shot in hell of him being productive in the NFL. All this "high ceiling" shit is down to him having a big arm and that's it. The QB is the most important position on the field. If there's a guy there in the 7th that has even a 5% chance of being better than the guys taken at 16 and 39, you take him.

Your explanation has been neither clear nor succint - it changes every 2nd post. The only point you've actually made is that you are glad the chiefs didn't spend the 1.1 on Smith. Which is useless really since if they had, he wouldn't have dropped, and we'd all be talking about how he wouldn't have made it past the jaguars at number 2.

I'm sorry that your reading comprehension is lacking. Again, you're welcome to read back through the thread . . . . .

I haven't changed my position. If you don't agree with it, fine. So be it.

Yes, I am glad the Chiefs did not spend 1.1 on Geno Smith. I think I'll take my chances siding with the majority of NFL scouts opinions over the opinions of the pro-Geno crowd.

I'm sorry if that upsets you.

Alex Smith 4Ever 05-04-2013 12:57 AM

And this website thinks all yards are created equal when they hate on Alex Smith

HMc 05-04-2013 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 9656388)
I'm sorry that your reading comprehension is lacking. Again, you're welcome to read back through the thread . . . . .

I haven't changed my position. If you don't agree with it, fine. So be it.

Yes, I am glad the Chiefs did not spend 1.1 on Geno Smith. I think I'll take my chances siding with the majority of NFL scouts opinions over the opinions of the pro-Geno crowd.

I'm sorry if that upsets you.

LOL, yet you're high on a guy that wasn't drafted at all.

Got it.

GoChargers 05-04-2013 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith 4Ever (Post 9656390)
And this website thinks all yards are created equal when they hate on Alex Smith

And you somehow think checkdowns and game-managing is the key to a title when you lick Alice Smiff's ballsack.

TomBarndtsTwin 05-04-2013 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMc (Post 9656402)
LOL, yet you're high on a guy that wasn't drafted at all.

Got it.

Well, he is OUR Quarterback in case you hadn't noticed.

But, by all means, continue to drool all over Geno in his Jets uniform . . . . . .

Moving on.

HMc 05-04-2013 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 9656418)
Well, he is OUR Quarterback in case you hadn't noticed.

But, by all means, continue to drool all over Geno in his Jets uniform . . . . . .

Moving on.

At least you're admitting to unabashed homerism now. Progress.

TomBarndtsTwin 05-04-2013 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMc (Post 9656423)
At least you're admitting to unabashed homerism now. Progress.

Better to be a homer, than a whiny little bitch crying and lamenting over what might have been . . . . .

To each his own, I guess.

HMc 05-04-2013 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 9656425)
Better to be a homer, than a whiny little bitch crying and lamenting over what might have been . . . . .

To each his own, I guess.

Because they are the only two options?

You're the dolt that said the Cheifs got a better deal on potentially finding their FQB merely because it didn't cost them any picks.

Mizzou_8541 05-04-2013 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9654429)

That's embarrassing, good lord.