ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs' Player Jevon Belcher involved in murder-suicide, shoots self at Arrowhead (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267244)

BigMeatballDave 12-01-2012 10:44 AM

Why does anyone want Belcher to RIP?

He's a cowardly murderer.

At least he saved taxpayers the cost of prosecution.

Rams Fan 12-01-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Kansas City Star ‏@KCStar
Police: #Chiefs player, 25, was met by coaches in the parking lot of the practice facility and then took his own life.
Wow.

The Franchise 12-01-2012 10:44 AM

I got a text from a buddy who's relative was a cop on the scene (yes I know how reeruned that sounds)......and he confirmed it was Belcher.

Messier 12-01-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9166844)
PBJ

Take your ****ing fandom out of the equation for this story. Will you?

Hootie 12-01-2012 10:45 AM

We aren't gonna draft someone to replace some brokedick nobody #1 overall

memyselfI 12-01-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9166855)
According to Danny Parkins:

Police no longer at the scene
Player shot himself once police arrived on the scene

That is a shame especially if the coaches were attempting and having some success in getting him to calm down. They have to show up because a distraught person with a gun is dangerous TO ALL.

Micjones 12-01-2012 10:45 AM

A tragedy like this shouldn't create a platform for self-righteous people to pass judgment.
Please just pray for the family.

In58men 12-01-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9166851)
Sure you don't have have to judge but still doesn't make it right.

It's not right if your sane.

I'm just saying nobody knows what his life is like behind closed doors. He needed help.

Hammock Parties 12-01-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9166777)
Clay, you need to make a tribute video or something...

As much as I would like to, it's wrong to honor a murdering POS.

OnTheWarpath15 12-01-2012 10:46 AM

Officially confirmed by KCPD.

Javon Belcher.

KCUnited 12-01-2012 10:46 AM

Confirmed by police through 610 that Belcher is the player. Just said it on the air.

stevieray 12-01-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9166860)
Less of one than Scott.

I know you love him.

you don't know jack shit.

not about me and obviously life.

BigMeatballDave 12-01-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9166879)
As much as I would like to, it's wrong to honor a murdering POS.

LOL

jAZ 12-01-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 9166846)
What the **** does Jacksonville have to do with anything?

I confused the Jaguars and the Panthers? Why so hostile?

BigRedChief 12-01-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9166822)
You're a ****ing idiot. You have no clue what the ****ing guy was going through. It's more then likely beyond your assumptions. Just shut the **** up.

Your opinion of my intellectual capacity withstanding..........the last paragraph of my post is the SOP advise to the survivors of suicide.

I don't give a shit what is going on in his head. Nor do I care. If he offs himself, then you can pull out the "defend the suicide" card. But, murdering his GF and committing suicide in front of others does not merit any sympathy.

And JFC, you can STFU and **** off asshole. I care about the GF, her family and the baby, not Jevon.

Canofbier 12-01-2012 10:46 AM

Wow, what a tragic event. Not saying that we're at all responsible (someone who offs himself and his loved one in such a public way clearly has other issues), but I can't imagine that I'd have been as enthusiastic about our protests if I had known that they might contribute in any way to a player doing this to himself.

Hootie 12-01-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9166821)
Yeah the NFL didn't even cancel after 9/11. The Chiefs should forfeit the game though

They postponed...every game though.fantasy football will prevent a cancellation...swear to God lol

Bump 12-01-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burt (Post 9166864)
Or the torment and/or anger to actually kill his significant other!! My soon to be ex has been living with another man for 6 months, I am too broke to finalize our divorce but I wouldn't even consider personal harm to her. NOR MYSELF!!!! I can not begin to understand his angst....nor will I rush to ANY judgement! Just sorrow.

I don't think any sane person can relate to that.

It's a terrible thing and I feel sorry for their child and family. That's the most ****ed up thing someone can do.

Chiefs Pantalones 12-01-2012 10:47 AM

Why would anyone tribute a murderer? Sick

CaliforniaChief 12-01-2012 10:47 AM

Albert Breer reporting that he was pronounced dead at a local hospital. That the police had just arrived when they heard the gunshot.

Scorp 12-01-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9166867)
The franchise just hit rock bottom.

Don't say that. Every time we think we have hit rock bottom something worse happens!

Mr. Laz 12-01-2012 10:48 AM

610 Sports Radio- KC<s style="text-decoration: initial; color: rgb(187, 187, 187);">@</s>610SportsKC
Kansas City MO Police is now confirming that <s style="text-decoration: initial; color: rgb(210, 107, 124);">#</s>Chiefs player Jovan Belcher is the player who shot and killedhimself in what's being investigated as a murder-suicide.

Bob Dole 12-01-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9166855)
According to Danny Parkins:

Police no longer at the scene
Player shot himself once police arrived on the scene

Don't know why the OP changed the OP, but all the info other than the name are delivered by the PD spokesman at http://www.kctv5.com/story/20234680/...hen-kills-self

PD got call about shooting at 7:50 from girl's mother. Got call at 8:10 that player was at stadium armed. When PD arrived, 25 y/o black male was talking to coaches in front of practice facility (right in front of the door) and shot himself in the head. Scheduled team meeting at 9:30. Investigation should wrap up in an hour and Arrowhead is free to do whatever they want.

KCUnited 12-01-2012 10:48 AM

KCPD saying Belcher said his goodbyes in the parking lot in front of coaches before committing suicide.

Chiefs=Champions 12-01-2012 10:48 AM

Holy shit

Raiderhater 12-01-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9166887)
Wow, what a tragic event. Not saying that we're at all responsible (someone who offs himself and his loved one in such a public way clearly has other issues), but I can't imagine that I'd have been as enthusiastic about our protests if I had known that they might contribute in any way to a player doing this to himself.

This has nothing to do with the fans.

BigMeatballDave 12-01-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9166886)
Your opinion of my intellectual capacity withstanding..........the last paragraph of my post is the SOP advise to the survivors of suicide.

I don't give a shit what is going on in his head. Nor do I care. If he offs himself, then you can pull out the "defend the suicide" card. But, murdering his GF and committing suicide in front of others does not merit any sympathy.

And JFC, you can STFU and **** off asshole. I care about the GF, her family and the baby.

This. Zero sympathy for his death.

I'm sad that his infant child now has no parents.

Rams Fan 12-01-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoreLemonPledge (Post 9166862)
We can't fly the banner tomorrow.

This.

jAZ 12-01-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 9166877)
A tragedy like this shouldn't create a platform for self-righteous people to pass judgment.

To extend this thought, perhaps the people who are angry about sympathy and understanding for someone who would commit suicide... even rejecting possible factors like mental illness and hypothetical brain issues.... have a person story and history with suicide that shapes their strong opinions.

I don't know myself. But I'm refraining from judging those comments for this reason.

mcaj22 12-01-2012 10:50 AM

how would you like to be those coaches trying to talk this guy down with a loaded gun

what the ****

Slainte 12-01-2012 10:50 AM

Horrible thing. Feel so bad for everyone involved.

Canofbier 12-01-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenidol (Post 9166817)

They look so happy in those pictures...it's pretty surreal to see, given what has just happened.

Hootie 12-01-2012 10:50 AM

Hopefully he left some money behind for the kid

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-01-2012 10:50 AM

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora

KCPD Officer Darin Snapp confirms GM Scott Pioli and Coach Romeo Crennel were outside team facility at the time Chiefs player killed himself

OnTheWarpath15 12-01-2012 10:50 AM

Don Banks of Sports Illustrated:

Quote:

Tragedy struck in the NFL early Saturday morning with the news that a Kansas City Chiefs player committed suicide at the team's Arrowhead Stadium practice facility, after shooting and killing his girlfriend at home a short time earlier, SI.com has learned.

The player who shot himself was said to be fourth-year linebacker Jovan Belcher, 25, but Kansas City police and team officials have not confirmed his identity. There are no other known injuries at the Chiefs facility.

The Chiefs released a statement saying: "We can confirm that there was an incident at Arrowhead earlier this morning. We are cooperating with authorities in their investigation.''

According to a KCTV-Ch. 5 report in Kansas City, Belcher shot and killed his girlfriend at home around 8 a.m. CT, then drove to the team facility, where he later shot and killed himself in the parking lot of the team complex. Earlier reports indicated that Belcher argued with some Chiefs coaches and Kansas City general manager Scott Pioli before committing suicide.

The Chiefs (1-10) are scheduled to play at Arrowhead Stadium Sunday at noon CT, against the Carolina Panthers (3-8). One league source in the NFL office said officials were still trying to decide Saturday morning whether the game will be played on Sunday as scheduled. He said his guess was that the game would not be postponed or canceled, due to the complications of when to re-schedule the game in the remaining weeks of the season, or how a cancellation might affect the other 30 teams in the league in terms of competitive fairness.

"There is a ripple effect,'' the source said. "It's not simply two teams affected here. I'm not sure in recent history we've ever just canceled a game. But what's under consideration are all the factors involved if they don't play, when do they play? It's a pretty tight schedule to try and make a game up at some later point. These things have to be thought through. Nobody wants to play a football game right now if you're a Kansas City Chief, but what does that do to the other 30 teams? It gets a little complicated from a schedule standpoint and a competitive standpoint.

The league source said the NFL did not feel it was mandatory to make a decison in regards to the game before Carolina boarded its mid-day flight to Kansas City. "If the Panthers have to fly back from Kansas City without having played the game, it's not that big of an issue to deal with,'' the source said. "We'd rather take the time to think through all the ramifications.''

Belcher was a fourth-year reserve linebacker who went undrafted out of the University of Maine in 2009. He signed with Kansas City as a collegiate free agent after the draft. As details of the shootings continue to come in, a Chiefs team source said Kansas City officials are still in the early stages of dealing with the tragedy.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz2DotLFc9x

MoreLemonPledge 12-01-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 9166896)
Don't know why the OP changed the OP, but all the info other than the name are delivered by the PD spokesman at http://www.kctv5.com/story/20234680/...hen-kills-self

PD got call about shooting at 7:50 from girl's mother. Got call at 8:10 that player was at stadium armed. When PD arrived, 25 y/o black male was talking to coaches in front of practice facility (right in front of the door) and shot himself in the head. Scheduled team meeting at 9:30. Investigation should wrap up in an hour and Arrowhead is free to do whatever they want.

Just wanted more info in the OP and wanted to delete a classless comment I made about Pioli. Mods can update as they see fit.

In58men 12-01-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9166886)

And JFC, you can STFU and **** off asshole. I care about the GF, her family and the baby, not Jevon.

See post 349 you stupid mother****er

Pushead2 12-01-2012 10:51 AM

What a shame.....terribly sad situation all around.

Mr. Laz 12-01-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9166897)
KCPD saying Belcher said his goodbyes in the parking lot in front of coaches before committing suicide.

jesus

Pasta Little Brioni 12-01-2012 10:51 AM

WOW

CaliforniaChief 12-01-2012 10:51 AM

The trauma he put others through is unspeakable. The fact that he took somebody out with him is even worse.

Dayze 12-01-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9166900)
This. Zero sympathy for his death.

I'm sad that his infant child now has no parents.

Exactly this.

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-01-2012 10:51 AM

KCPD say the player thanked both men before taking his life, and that Pioli and Crennel did not feel threatened. KCPD not revealing identity

KCUnited 12-01-2012 10:52 AM

610 saying girlfriends mother was in the home when Belcher shot his girlfriend.

OnTheWarpath15 12-01-2012 10:52 AM

Looks like players are starting to leave the facility.

Sounds like Belcher's mother witnessed the shooting on Crysler.

WhiteWhale 12-01-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9166819)
crennel and pioli have a lot of guts/balls if its true they met face to face after he already killed someone

thats a huge risk, essentially their own lives and that takes a lot of something.

He killed his girlfriend... likely a crime of passion.

People who do that aren't mass murderers. Belcher lost his mind for a moment, likely regretted what he had done, and panicked. He's a murderer, but crimes of passion are complicated and not the same as simple cold-blooded murder.

What I'm saying is that he likely was more of a danger to himself in a state of panic and regret at that point than a danger to anyone else.

mikeyis4dcats. 12-01-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9166866)
Really? Go **** yourself and everyone that looks like you. That is a valid concern douche

no, it's not. Just because Seau killed himself to relieve his suffering and allow for medical research doesn't mean a football player who murders someone has brain trauma. you ****ing dipshit.'

Pasta Little Brioni 12-01-2012 10:53 AM

Crazy

Canofbier 12-01-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9166899)
This has nothing to do with the fans.

Again, I'm not claiming that the fan movement was the primary factor in this, but there's no doubt that it has contributed to a more stressful environment for everyone on the team. I wish his surviving family members and friends only the best in the trying times to come.

Bowser 12-01-2012 10:53 AM

Football is supposed to be an escape from the real world and shit like this. I'm just stunned.

I don't know how the NFL makes the Chiefs play tomorrow, outside of money, fantasy football, and Vegas.

So, so sad.

Dave Lane 12-01-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9166887)

Dude shooting your girlfriend has 0 to do with banners over Arrowhead

seamonster 12-01-2012 10:54 AM

Horrific situation and I'm not exactly sure how they can just go on business as usual Sunday. Anybody that show's up in black funeral clothes sthtick needs to GTFO though.

Canofbier 12-01-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9166920)

KCPD say the player thanked both men before taking his life, and that Pioli and Crennel did not feel threatened. KCPD not revealing identity

That's truly nightmarish.

notorious 12-01-2012 10:54 AM

The last thing the players would want to do is postpone/cancel the game.

They will want to get their minds off of this.

Cephalic Trauma 12-01-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9166917)
The trauma he put others through is unspeakable. The fact that he took somebody out with him is even worse.

What kind of trauma?:hmmm:

ChiliConCarnage 12-01-2012 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9166920)

****ed up

Reerun_KC 12-01-2012 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seamonster (Post 9166933)
Horrific situation and I'm not exactly sure how they can just go on business as usual Sunday. Anybody that show's up in black funeral clothes sthtick needs to GTFO though.

Shut up...

Ace Gunner 12-01-2012 10:55 AM

Wow. I wonder what led him to this? There are already too many pages of posts in this thread to read, if there is any enlightening info someone please quote.

Very saddening, RIP JB. The Belcher bashers get their wish, someone else will play his position.

Mr. Laz 12-01-2012 10:55 AM

I thinking maybe we should start another thread without all this dipshittery in it.

Hootie 12-01-2012 10:55 AM

Seems like he knew he ****ed up and couldn't live with himself...the chiefs were probably "his family"...the only sympathy I have is for Crennel and Pioli

ChiefMojo 12-01-2012 10:56 AM

That is true, the players may want to play so they can have a moment of their current lives be normal. More times than not after a tragedy players want to play for this reason alone.

soopamanluva 12-01-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 9166877)

Right. A lot of assholes showing their true colors...

CaliforniaChief 12-01-2012 10:56 AM

If Pioli and Crennel were indeed the witnesses, then my God, I feel for them.

Rams Fan 12-01-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou_Zare (Post 9166940)
Wow. I wonder what led him to this? There are already too many pages of posts in this thread to read, if there is any enlightening info someone please quote.

Very saddening, RIP JB. The Belcher bashers get their wish, someone else will play his position.

You think people wanted him to kill his girlfriend and himself? My god.:spock:

KurtCobain 12-01-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9166922)
Looks like players are starting to leave the facility.

Sounds like Belcher's mother witnessed the shooting on Crysler.

I live on crysler it's just crazy when you hear about this type of this so close to home. and he didn't front of coaches at the ? Saddening

notorious 12-01-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9166932)
Dude shooting your girlfriend has 0 to do with banners over Arrowhead

This.

I can't facepalm enough.

DC.chief 12-01-2012 10:57 AM

Such a tragedy. I can't imagine crennel being able to coach tomorrow. And football takes a back seat to this clearly. Ill be disappointed if they play tomorrow. I feel for those involved

Reerun_KC 12-01-2012 10:57 AM

What's wierd is I feel nothing for any of it.

seamonster 12-01-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9166939)
Shut up...

Why don't you go grab a cup of go **** yourself there tiger. And that's a valid concern. People that show up dressed up in their anti-pioli, chiefs sthcik need to reevaluate the situation.

Bob Dole 12-01-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoreLemonPledge (Post 9166911)
Just wanted more info in the OP and wanted to delete a classless comment I made about Pioli. Mods can update as they see fit.

No prob. Was just pointing out that all the "breaking news" tweets were contained in the original video that KCTV5 had on their website.

dirk digler 12-01-2012 10:58 AM

All of this new information makes it sound premeditated IMO

PunkinDrublic 12-01-2012 10:58 AM

Such a shitty thing to have to wake up to. Being a huge Chiefs fan is such a big part of who I am. It's why I drive 6 and a half hours once a year to watch a game every year. I love coming back to arrowhead and being around other Chiefs fans. As shitty as this season has been this just puts such a dark cloud over Arrowhead.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-01-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou_Zare (Post 9166940)

What is this? I don't even...

JFC

memyselfI 12-01-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9166935)
The last thing the players would want to do is postpone/cancel the game.

They will want to get their minds off of this.

Maybe in a normal situation where they enjoyed going to work, were proud to be playing for their team, and felt good playing in front of their fans. Even if they were having a losing season.

I doubt many of them relish the thought of going to a place where they are subjected to ridicule, embarrassment, and harassment. Arrowhead Stadium has to be one of the LEAST SUPPORTIVE places on the planet right now.

BigRedChief 12-01-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9166942)
Seems like he knew he ****ed up and couldn't live with himself...the chiefs were probably "his family"...the only sympathy I have is for Crennel and Pioli

uhhhhh the murdered GF? her mother who was in the home when he killed her? The GF's family? Belcher's family?

Agent V 12-01-2012 10:59 AM

Just stop arguing. ****.

CaliforniaChief 12-01-2012 10:59 AM

Wow, front page of the Drudge Report..

1ChiefsDan 12-01-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seamonster (Post 9166954)
Why don't you go grab a cup of go **** yourself there tiger. And that's a valid concern. People that show up dressed up in their anti-pioli, chiefs sthcik need to reevaluate the situation.

This situation has absolutely nothing to do with the anti pioli movement. Just stop with that. :banghead:

Brock 12-01-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9166800)
Again, we never got into personal stuff. WE have the same car and he called me when he got his supercharged, we talked about normal shit. WE never talked about ball or personal life that much. Just normal shit. He def didn't let on that he was having personal issues with his girl. He always seemed happy as hell with her.

Well, I'm sorry about the loss of your friend. This is just sickening to me, and I didn't know the guy at all.

OnTheWarpath15 12-01-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9166953)
What's wierd is I feel nothing for any of it.

I was pretty numb to it until I just told my wife the story.

Then I choked up a bit.

Killing your GF in front of your own mother?

Driving to the practice facility and saying your goodbyes before blowing your head off in front of coaches?

Leaving behind a 2 month old?

****ed up.