ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230850)

jiveturkey 12-07-2010 09:56 PM

I'll be playing this game to pass the time between now and next Oct.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/H4hNrrbhTXE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H4hNrrbhTXE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Chiefnj2 12-07-2010 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecoffeeguy (Post 7235465)
Anyone else find the blonde hot? She is fapable material. :)

She's the FBI agent from the final season of The Shield.

Sure-Oz 12-07-2010 10:20 PM

I hate that i have to wait till next october

kaplin42 12-07-2010 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 7238017)
I hate that i have to wait till next october

Honestly, the whole LOST type of show viewing is horrible. 3 episode in a row, then wait 6 months for another 4.

My hope is that they didn't know if this was gonna work or not, so they just gave them 6 episodes. But since it made them mad money, they are gonna do another season. What i like though is the limited comercial breaks. I mean you watch a hour drama on the national networks, and it's literally 4 minutes of show, 4 minutes of comercials. It's horrible.

Buck 12-08-2010 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 7237992)
She's the FBI agent from the final season of The Shield.

I didnt even realize that. I recognzied her from The Mist.

Deberg_1990 12-08-2010 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 7238246)
I didnt even realize that. I recognzied her from The Mist.

She was also in The Majestic. Shes a Darabont "regular"

Deberg_1990 12-08-2010 08:14 AM

Oh yea, another interesting thing they brought up was how the scientist said that some people zombify after 2 minutes...some take up to 9 hours.....hopefully they expand on the science part as it goes along....

siberian khatru 12-08-2010 08:24 AM

Here's another thing my son and I were discussing: Why call them "walkers" and not zombies?

Why make up a name for something everyone already knows about? I mean, I assume this doesn't take place in an alternate reality where the concept of zombies has never arisen ... there's never been any zombie movies or whatnot.

If this shit went down today, we'd all be running around screaming "ZOMBIES! ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE!!!!!!", no? Maybe we'd shorten it to Z's or Zeds or something. But why invent a descriptor?

Otter 12-08-2010 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 7238464)
Here's another thing my son and I were discussing: Why call them "walkers" and not zombies?

Why make up a name for something everyone already knows about? I mean, I assume this doesn't take place in an alternate reality where the concept of zombies has never arisen ... there's never been any zombie movies or whatnot.

If this shit went down today, we'd all be running around screaming "ZOMBIES! ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE!!!!!!", no? Maybe we'd shorten it to Z's or Zeds or something. But why invent a descriptor?

I'd be willing to bet a testicle (yours not mine) that "walkers" has something to do with one of the directors or financial backers trying to distance themselves a little bit from the classic George Romero "zombie" genre for reason of artistic singularity.

Frosty 12-08-2010 08:54 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Q: Why don't your characters call the walkers "zombies"? -- Erica Badu

A: The main reason is because "zombie" is a term that we are accustomed to hearing, and when the characters run around saying "zombie" it takes you out of the story. This is supposed to take place in a world where no one has ever heard of a zombie before. So we just don't use that word. Everyone they encounter will have different names for zombies. Some people are calling them "geeks" in the show. I think we will eventually find a group of people that call them "roamers" and "lurkers" and "biters" like in the comic.
http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-d...-interview.php

siberian khatru 12-08-2010 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 7238523)

Interesting. Thanks.

kaplin42 12-08-2010 12:35 PM

Quote:

Although the above information is good for the show, that's not the reason really.

In the graphic novel, they are all zombies. But there are some that are walking / roaming around, and some that just lay there until you get close to them. The ones that are walking around are called "Walkers" or "Roamers".

siberian khatru 12-08-2010 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42 (Post 7239183)
Although the above information is good for the show, that's not the reason really.

In the graphic novel, they are all zombies. But there are some that are walking / roaming around, and some that just lay there until you get close to them. The ones that are walking around are called "Walkers" or "Roamers".

Aaahh, that at least makes sense.

bowener 12-08-2010 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42 (Post 7239183)

Are there any "humpers"? Because that would be terrifying.

siberian khatru 12-08-2010 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 7240094)
Are there any "humpers"? Because that would be terrifying.

I just thought of a Sam Kinison routine about necrophilia.