ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football LT: Left behind (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271834)

milkman 04-07-2013 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9563640)
I agree. I think Rodgers play from the beginning of that playoff run to the end of the 15-1 regular season the next year is literally the best any QB has played the last 25 years or so, maybe longer. I said that multiple times, and I really mean that. Just unstoppable... which is why some of the comments on here about how Wilson and Kaepernick, etc, etc are HOF'ers playing better than anyone are crazy. They haven't even provided the best QB play of this decade to this point.

And why I think comparing any QB to Aaron Rodgers is a bad idea.

Comparing one player to another is not suggesting that player is the same player, or that he will ever play to the level that the player has achieved.

But you can watch a player and see similarities in their game.

It's stupid to dismiss comparisons.

I can watch Reggie Bush even today and see the valid comparison of his style to Gale Sayers.

Anyone that would suggest that comparison is even remotely suggesting their production is similar is a moron that can't draw a distinction.

Dayze 04-07-2013 12:47 AM

**** that noise / archaic chiefs philosophy

Direckshun 04-07-2013 06:57 AM

Excellent piece.

I still disagree, however.

Mr_Tomahawk 04-07-2013 07:13 AM

Eh, we are still taking a LT #1 overall...

BlackHelicopters 04-07-2013 07:15 AM

Lawrence Taylor wasn't raptured out? Shocking.

Ace Gunner 04-07-2013 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9563824)
Excellent piece.

I still disagree, however.

explain please.

Direckshun 04-07-2013 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9563851)
explain please.

You have to be able to counter whatever a defense brings, and the best defenses always have a guy of amazing athleticism and strength, that demands you need to be able to neutralize that power.

I'm of the opinion and the tackle positions are incredibly important. I think the Chiefs should have kept both Albert and Winston.

BlackHelicopters 04-07-2013 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9563854)
You have to be able to counter whatever a defense brings, and the best defenses always have a guy of amazing athleticism and strength, that demands you need to be able to neutralize that power.

I'm of the opinion and the tackle positions are incredibly important. I think the Chiefs should have kept both Albert and Winston.

Truer words were never spoken.

AdumbGuy 04-07-2013 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9563497)
Doesn't mean squat for Geno in our situation, it means that Dion Jordan could be the guy.

clearly just means we're going to be yelling out CHANCE every play next year.

Way to interior block there, you chance warmack beast you!

You just got chanced, Broncos! /goddamned asshole mayock.

LoneWolf 04-07-2013 07:25 AM

Both Super Bowl teams had 1st round starting LTs. Manning had a first round LT. The Patriots have a 2nd round and 1st rounder as their starting tackles. Seattle has Okung at tackle.

I'm not advocating taking Joeckel or Fisher, but this article while having some good points isn't being completely honest. Using Long and Thomas as examples is deceiving. They both have never had a good or even average QB playing behind them. And then using Matt Ryan as the example of a QB being successful in the playoffs without an upper echelon LT is hilarious. The one playoff win Matt Ryan whose team has repeatedly been upset in the playoffs?! Typical ESPN lazy reporting.

Ace Gunner 04-07-2013 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9563854)

I do also, but I don't think either player has the talent of Joeckel/Fisher and I am in the group saying LT is no longer an elite position for NFL teams.

Albert has a lot of technique to learn and I believe he can learn to become a solid LT, but he burned bridges imo.

So, moving forward, I would look at Kyle Long, Dave Quessenberry or Jordan Mills -- guys that might be available in the top of the 3rd rnd and go ahead and invest in Geno Smith up top for the future.

Ace Gunner 04-07-2013 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9563861)
Both Super Bowl teams had 1st round starting LTs. Manning had a first round LT. The Patriots have a 2nd round and 1st rounder as their starting tackles. Seattle has Okung at tackle.

I'm not advocating taking Joeckel or Fisher, but this article while having some good points isn't being completely honest. Using Long and Thomas as examples is deceiving. They both have never had a good or even average QB playing behind them. And then using Matt Ryan as the example of a QB being successful in the playoffs without an upper echelon LT is hilarious. The one playoff win Matt Ryan whose team has repeatedly been upset in the playoffs?! Typical ESPN lazy reporting.

ATL LT Clabo is FA, maybe they can sign him. I just think this article further explains what is happening to the NFL in terms of positional impact.

Dave Lane 04-07-2013 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9563488)
A lot of us have always said a B QB is greater than an A LT any day.

No shit the days of a game manager QB are.... Oh wait....

OrtonsPiercedTaint 04-07-2013 07:52 AM

The Chiefs are finally in a postion to draft a franchise left tackle. Only to have the game evlove the postion to neanderthal footing. ****ing Chiefs' luck.

Dave Lane 04-07-2013 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9563861)

I think the point is an illustration that a left tackle by themselves will not take your team to the playoffs. You need the quarterback, then if you have a left tackle that is good he can make a difference.