ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Organic food is a lie (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272182)

Hammock Parties 04-16-2013 11:55 PM

Organic food is a lie

It's all explained in this video.

The world would STARVE if everything was grown "organically" (whatever the hell that means).

There are a fantastic pair of naked tits at the 24:55 mark so be warned.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZEB6w4nHG1c?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Simply Red 04-16-2013 11:59 PM

these guys just say anything - they're literally pulling content from their rectum.

zigbazah 04-17-2013 12:03 AM

ok

Mother****erJones 04-17-2013 12:08 AM

NIIIIICE!!!!

saphojunkie 04-17-2013 12:10 AM

I'm shocked that the conservative think tank Hudson Institute doesn't believe in organic farming!

Silock 04-17-2013 01:27 AM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sYWYU5V8JOo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fritz88 04-17-2013 01:38 AM

Note: I didn't watch the video. However,,

I've had an interesting incident with organic Bananas.

If you buy organically grown green (unripe) Bananas, you'd have to do certain things to ensure that they become ripe and edible. If you don't, they will become too hard to eat, without any worthy taste.

While searching on how to ripe the organic Bananas I'd bought, I learned that all Bananas that we usually buy are chemically altered so that if you buy them unripe, they will ripe just by leaving them untouched for a few days.

This got me to wonder, if all foods were grown organically, and if people need to go through the same hassle to ripe them, would it be worthwhile to sell them?

chiefzilla1501 04-17-2013 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritz88 (Post 9594675)
Note: I didn't watch the video. However,,

I've had an interesting incident with organic Bananas.

If you buy organically grown green (unripe) Bananas, you'd have to do certain things to ensure that they become ripe and edible. If you don't, they will become too hard to eat, without any worthy taste.

While searching on how to ripe the organic Bananas I'd bought, I learned that all Bananas that we usually buy are chemically altered so that if you buy them unripe, they will ripe just by leaving them untouched for a few days.

This got me to wonder, if all foods were grown organically, and if people need to go through the same hassle to ripe them, would it be worthwhile to sell them?

That can be said for a lot of "natural" food. Pure grass-fed beef is often bland -- many people don't realize that many meats we buy in the grocery store are already loaded with seasoning.

I dunno. Organic is nice to get pesticide-free vegetables, but I typically just wash regular fruits/veggies with a vinegar/water solution. I try to avoid chicken with hormones and I wish that wild caught seafood and grass-fed beef would be much cheaper, though I fully understand why this just isn't possible, given that these things come in finite quantities (e.g. we'd have leaner cows that require a certain amount of grass). What is the real benefit of organic? I get that the standards are too loose, but I imagine organic also helps identify fruits/veggies that are closer to the food source, which is always a good thing(?)

CrazyPhuD 04-17-2013 02:30 AM

Noooo....what will you tell me next???? That orgasmic food is also a lie?????? :sulk:

oldandslow 04-17-2013 05:35 AM

[QUOTE=Wonton Prejudice;9594631]It's all explained in this video.

The world would STARVE if everything was grown "organically" (whatever the hell that means).

My guess is that you have never grown a thing in your life and do not have any idea what you are talking about.

Don't want organic---don't buy it. No one is holding a gun to your head.

Truth is, gardening organically is hard work. The pay off is huge (try one of my tomatoes versus any you buy in a store) but it isn't easy. IMO, if people really wanted jobs, they could get one at a place like Salatin's, mentioned above, or any of the labor intensive organic farms out there.

Gonzo 04-17-2013 06:32 AM

Organically speaking, I think organic foods ****ing suck. Why the **** would I buy an Organic Chicken for ten-fifteen bucks when I can buy one from the good ol' Tyson plant for half that? The one from Tyson is twice the size and it tastes better. It doesn't dry out in the oven or on the grill. Plus, I get some yummy steroids and horemones and I keep the local immigrant population employed.

**** your organic chicken. Same goes for bell peppers. Half the size, twice the cost.

InChiefsHeaven 04-17-2013 06:40 AM

I've been a fence rider on this stuff for a few years now. On the one hand, it does seem to make sense that "naturally grown" foods are better for you. We have so many instances of weird illnesses, cancer, etc that it seems to make sense that it's coming from the food supply. BUT...we are living much longer now than ever before, and the problems we used to have (mentioned in the video) are not nearly as prominent. We now have other shit killing us...

I dunno. I do think health is more about activity and moderation than it is about organic foods versus whatever else. I do think that there are healthier choices that can be made with what you buy, organic or not. Mostly, you gotta stop eating so much crap food and get off your ass and do something. Then, you'll mostly be OK.

Imon Yourside 04-17-2013 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 9594721)
Organically speaking, I think organic foods ****ing suck. Why the **** would I buy an Organic Chicken for ten-fifteen bucks when I can buy one from the good ol' Tyson plant for half that? The one from Tyson is twice the size and it tastes better. It doesn't dry out in the oven or on the grill. Plus, I get some yummy steroids and horemones and I keep the local immigrant population employed.

**** your organic chicken. Same goes for bell peppers. Half the size, twice the cost.

Early Death for the win! Give me some horrible disease and let me die early from it! yay! I mean why not pay millions for surgeries to keep my dumb ass alive?

InChiefsHeaven 04-17-2013 06:41 AM

On a side note, I'm Catholic, but I think Penn and Teller are hilarious.

WhiteWhale 04-17-2013 07:00 AM

Most of the world already IS starving.