ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs What will the Chiefs receive if they decide to trade Alex Smith this offseason? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=311040)

RunKC 10-23-2017 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 13172952)
I really don't think the 17 mill will be that big of a detriment...maybe others can chime in...hes worth 15 minimum right?

He's slotted to be the 14th highest paid QB next season which is not bad at all. Might be 16th after the Marriotta and Winston new deals.

penbrook 10-23-2017 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 13172968)
Cleveland is the shot I called last year. They have cap room, cash, picks and a big need for a QB that can help them win.

Not even Alex “Savior” Smith can save that franchise

l4z4rd 10-23-2017 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 13172968)
Cleveland is the shot I called last year. They have cap room, cash, picks and a big need for a QB that can help them win.

no way. they have too many holes to fill, and they won't be competing anytime soon.

Gravedigger 10-23-2017 07:20 PM

Somebody will trade for him and give us a first to do it. They can shore up their QB spot for three years, by paying his contract, franchising him twice if need be. It'd be humorous if we traded him back to San Francisco. I don't think it ends well for Alex in Kansas City, he'd have to win us a Superbowl I think, possibly get us to the AFC Championship if Andy was feeling super loyal.

The Franchise 10-23-2017 07:24 PM

2nd rounder.

Iowanian 10-23-2017 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 13172978)
Not even Alex “Savior” Smith can save that franchise

I didn't say he would make the, a contender. What I said is he is good enormously th to help them win enormous th to get over the hump. Cleveland has a very solid young defense, they've got some skill position people. What they don't have and haven't is a QB that can help them win.

They have a lot of high picks. They have a lot of cap space and cash...if any team has a reason and ability to trade for smith it's the, in my opinion. Didn't suggest two first rounders....maybe it's a second. I don't know about that

Smith is good enough to make the Browns respectable. Some 8-9 win seasons would be big for that franchise.

l4z4rd 10-23-2017 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 13173000)
Somebody will trade for him and give us a first to do it. They can shore up their QB spot for three years, by paying his contract, franchising him twice if need be. It'd be humorous if we traded him back to San Francisco. I don't think it ends well for Alex in Kansas City, he'd have to win us a Superbowl I think, possibly get us to the AFC Championship if Andy was feeling super loyal.

GMs saw how horrible that trade was for Minnesota. They're not going to make the same mistake.

Iowanian 10-23-2017 07:26 PM

I'm starting to wonder if you were THE child left behind.

Marcellus 10-23-2017 07:27 PM

If we get a 1st for Smith even his biggest haters would have to say the original trade was a good deal.

Imagine getting the 2018 first round pick we traded to get Mahomes comes back from Smith.

:boner:

carcosa 10-23-2017 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ratchet (Post 13172910)
If alex plays at this level the whole season would you really want to trade that away for someone that is forsure cheaper but a question mark and based on potential?

Lol

DaFace 10-23-2017 07:29 PM

2nd seems right to me. He'll be on the final year of his contract and, while he's great this year, there's a definite risk that he'll regress to the mean.

That is, unless he makes it to the Super Bowl. That could push it to a low 1st/two 2nds.

Iowanian 10-23-2017 07:30 PM

The Vikings would make sense too. Thy have a solid team and if bridgewater is done as well as Bradford who could be. I could see the vikes making a run at smith.

2 seconds I think is reasonable. If a player agrees to the team being traded to there would be an understanding of an extension in place would be my assumption.

l4z4rd 10-23-2017 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 13173020)
2nd seems right to me. He'll be on the final year of his contract and, while he's great this year, there's a definite risk that he'll regress to the mean.

That is, unless he makes it to the Super Bowl. That could push it to a low 1st/two 2nds.

At best a mid to low 2nd round pick from a contender it would seem.

19now11 10-23-2017 07:43 PM

he isnt going anywhere. he will retire a chief and a 3 time superbowl mvp. trade mohomo for a ineman and move on.

Ming the Merciless 10-23-2017 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13173014)
If we get a 1st for Smith even his biggest haters would have to say the original trade was a good deal.

Imagine getting the 2018 first round pick we traded to get Mahomes comes back from Smith.

:boner:

I would be more than happy to eat crow on that..